Code of Conduct

Default Bond #9 New Harlem compliments!!

I recently ordered my first bond #9, which was New Harlem. I absolutely love that scent but I just could not justify paying $250 + for a fragrance. However once you start collecting fragrances and your nose becomes more sophisticated, designer fragrances just doesn't cut it anymore. Anyways, so I recently decided that I would purchase New Harlem a couple weeks ago and I wore it for the first time today. No kidding, I got so many compliments, it was ridiculous. At lease 5 people within the hour ask me what I was wearing. IT WAS WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!! I LOVE BOND FRAGRANCES. Next is Creed's Royal Oud or Bond's Amber.

Default Re: Bond #9 New Harlem compliments!!

Enjoy it!

Lovely gourmand frag. Enjoy!

Basenotes Plus

You don't have to pay full price for these fragrances. Find discount websites like fragrancenet.com and fragrancex.com. Glad you enjoy it!

New Haarlem is a great fragrance for sure. The others you are looking at are also wonderful. Enjoy. All 3 are among my favorites.

To the OP: Congrats and enjoy! Personally though, don't like anything this house puts out except Riverside Drive which I still would never buy.

Just ordered a 2nd bottle. Love it as well.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

To the OP: how many sprays did you use? I find if I put too much on it get cloying.

the OP: how many sprays did you use? I find if I put too much on it get cloying.[/QUOTE]

I used 5 sprays, 2 on chest, 1 on each arm and 1 on the back of the neck ( which for me always works, it leaves that scent trail)

- - - Updated - - -

Riverside Drive is nice, it's just blah though for me. There is nothing about it that warrants a purchase. I do however understands you point of view towards bond fragrances.

Banned
    Blog Entries

new haarlem is my favorite

It is the best coffee scent i have ever smell, enjoy it

New York Amber is terrific. Check it out
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

So New York is another good coffee scent from Bond that you might love.

I have never received a New Haarlem Compliment but I only spray 3 sprays. Maybe I should up it to 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar980 View Post
    I recently ordered my first bond #9, which was New Harlem. I absolutely love that scent but I just could not justify paying $250 + for a fragrance. However once you start collecting fragrances and your nose becomes more sophisticated, designer fragrances just doesn't cut it anymore. Anyways, so I recently decided that I would purchase New Harlem a couple weeks ago and I wore it for the first time today. No kidding, I got so many compliments, it was ridiculous. At lease 5 people within the hour ask me what I was wearing. IT WAS WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!! I LOVE BOND FRAGRANCES. Next is Creed's Royal Oud or Bond's Amber.
    I bought it and the cinnamon killed it for me... Just put a full bottle up on eBay. My favorite frag from Bond is new york amber it is the best!!!

Glad you enjoy it. It's a quality gourmand for sure!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes65 View Post
    I bought it and the cinnamon killed it for me... Just put a full bottle up on eBay. My favorite frag from Bond is new york amber it is the best!!!
    New Haarlem doesn't have cinnamon in it. I hope you didn't get a bad batch/bottle.

My favorite bond...also like Brooklyn, Bleecker and NY Amber. A few days ago order a bottle of Brooklyn and I love NY for all(blind buy but i heard it's a nice gourmand) both for just under $230 never pay full price.

5 sprays of New Haarlem? WOW

Do the Harleem Shake!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

treeman5823

Don't let "niche prestige" blind you--there are many, many designer houses that are worth investigating. Congratulations on your satisfaction, though!

bought it yesterday, luminous stuff!
    the good, the bad, the ugly & the ludicrous...

Great gourmand and powerful longevity...enjoy. I'm not a fan of the Bond No 9 line but NH and I love NY for all are just amazing fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    New Haarlem doesn't have cinnamon in it. I hope you didn't get a bad batch/bottle.
    I know it has no actual cinnamon listed, and no, I didn't get a bad batch. I smell a very strong spice/cinnamon/burnt kind of note that is off-putting. I have smelled it in a brand new Bon Bon, and my refill bottle. It was just refilled with fresh juice from Bond's refill program. I like the coffee/tonka/vanilla, but there sure is something in there that I don't like.

I've never received compliments on this

Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    New York Amber is terrific. Check it out
    I know!!! that's a very good fragrance. It's on my list to purchase

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    So New York is another good coffee scent from Bond that you might love.
    I'll definetely ck it out. I think i'm more drawn to coffee gourmand scents. I got rochas, Hane mori,midnight in paris, amen, pure malt( which I think is so overrated), pure havane, pure leather, calvin klein shock ( so so good) etc etc... The summery fresh scents I seem to be passing on lately, unless it is a really good fresh scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoPsOrange View Post
    My favorite bond...also like Brooklyn, Bleecker and NY Amber. A few days ago order a bottle of Brooklyn and I love NY for all(blind buy but i heard it's a nice gourmand) both for just under $230 never pay full price.

5 sprays of New Haarlem? WOW
    I almost bought Brooklyn, but hear is the thing, I have longevity problems with this fragrance. Let me know if it last on your skin. This is the same issue I have with spicebomb, both are wonderful...but crappy longevity

Quote Originally Posted by lamar980 View Post

I almost bought Brooklyn, but hear is the thing, I have longevity problems with this fragrance. Let me know if it last on your skin. This is the same issue I have with spicebomb, both are wonderful...but crappy longevity
    Before buying the bottle I had a 30 ML decant, the longevity on me is decent 5-7 hours. A scent cloud is only there for 2-3 hours then it become a skin scent. 3-4 sprays, I don't spray my clothing, though I won't spray until I'm ready to put on my shirt/jacket and GO. I know some people spray and walk around shirtless for the next 30 minutes then put on a shirt.

So maybe some of the scent is getting stock/trap to the clothing that might be a reason why it last on me.