Code of Conduct

Default CK One Summer 2013 = CK One Summer 2008?

I know with the CK One Summer flankers they try to make it different every year, but this year's seems a lot like the '08 version.

The bottles are exactly the same, except the 2013 bottle has a waterdrop design on it.

The notes also seem identical, with cucumber and watermelon being present in both them, as well as "waterfall accord", carrying over that overall "aquatic" vibe.

Has anybody sniffed both of these and can make a viable comparison?

If it is the same thing, I'll be very interested since I never tried '08 but heard so many great things about it. Not a bad idea by CK either, out of all their One Summer flankers, '08 is the hardest to find, and if it's available it's upwards of $100+. Even '04 and '05 can be found and for cheaper too.

Default Re: CK One Summer 2013 = CK One Summer 2008?

I'm very interested in this new version too, as I heard good things about the 08'! If anybody smell it, give us a heads up

These flankers are, for the most part, fairly similar year to year although they do tend to alternate between aquatic and citrus notes. There has a been some comparison between 2013 and 2008 but I think 2013 has better longevity and doesn't have much of a mint vibe at all. I did a YouTube review on this fragrance a few days ago, not sure if I can post a link here, but my signature below has a link to my page where you can find the video
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

SteelerOpera I saw your review, that's what got my curiosity on 2013 version.
    Which one would you choose between Ck Summer 2013 and 2012?

BTW, on the moment I saw your username here I figured that you were the same 860cologne haha

lol cool I like this years better. I have only worn it a few times, but it seemed to have decent longevity. Last years smelled like watermelon jolly ranchers candy to me, which was a neat thing, but longevity wasn't that great. If you like cucumber you should love 2013. I'm not much into aquatic scents, I plan on wearing Pure Leather for my summer scent lol but I might pick this one up if I saw it on a discount rack for like $20

Nice! Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    These flankers are, for the most part, fairly similar year to year although they do tend to alternate between aquatic and citrus notes. There has a been some comparison between 2013 and 2008 but I think 2013 has better longevity and doesn't have much of a mint vibe at all. I did a YouTube review on this fragrance a few days ago, not sure if I can post a link here, but my signature below has a link to my page where you can find the video
    Yeah I watched your review last night haha. Have you sniffed the 2008 one before? Ideally, it'd be great if someone could do a side by side comparison of the two. I know marc has a bottle of the 2008 and loved it, maybe he'll pick up 2013 sometime soon! They honestly seem identical though, everything from the bottle to the notes to the colour of the juice.

Also, great job on your reviews. You speak well in front of the camera and you're very fluid with your speech (not a lot of "um" or "uh"), and you keep it to the point. I enjoyed your review on Dark Obsession, especially the little spiel about not wearing the bottle (in reference to CK One Shock) lol!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    Yeah I watched your review last night haha. Have you sniffed the 2008 one before? Ideally, it'd be great if someone could do a side by side comparison of the two. I know marc has a bottle of the 2008 and loved it, maybe he'll pick up 2013 sometime soon! They honestly seem identical though, everything from the bottle to the notes to the colour of the juice.

Also, great job on your reviews. You speak well in front of the camera and you're very fluid with your speech (not a lot of "um" or "uh"), and you keep it to the point. I enjoyed your review on Dark Obsession, especially the little spiel about not wearing the bottle (in reference to CK One Shock) lol!
    LOL Thanks man Sadly, I started working in fragrances Fall of 2008, so I just caught the end of CK One summer that year and my memory of it is sketchy. I know that the last few years have not been great in longevity, but 2013 shows promise. I do agree the bottles look very similar. Maybe we can get Marc to do a side by side comparison of all the summers since this is the 10th one this year

What's the color of the 2013 JUICE? Is it blue, or just the bottle?
    Can it stain my clothes?

The juice for 2013 is clear, only the bottle is blue. So, should be no fear about stains.

BTW, I went to the mall with a buddy of mine who not really into cologne that much, but he absolutely loved CKOS 2013, and said he was even able to smell it the next day. I think this is one of the better ones

Nice! Hey, I've seen comments saying that 2013 is similar to Acqua di Gio, is that true? If it is I'll be a little let down, because I own AdG already...

Oh, and I got to ask SteelerOpera, when you went to the mall, did you see any CK Summer 2012 on the shelves there? Or they already pulled them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Nice! Hey, I've seen comments saying that 2013 is similar to Acqua di Gio, is that true? If it is I'll be a little let down, because I own AdG already...
    I smell nothing remotely similar between CKOS2013 and AdG. Other than being a light crisp clean frag they are not similar.

Oh, and I got to ask SteelerOpera, when you went to the mall, did you see any CK Summer 2012 on the shelves there? Or they already pulled them out?
    No, I haven't seen 2012 for months now. I can try to check if there are any in my company's other stores, but that might not help you in Brazil
    If you have any friends in the US that live near a Dillard's department store you can ask them if they have any testers stored somewhere. Since Dillards is a privately owned company they are actually more able or at least more willing to sell their tester bottles.

Oh crap...and I'm only going to visit US in August. There it goes my hope to buy 2012 :/
    But thanks for the info
    Well, I guess I'll have to test 2013 and see if I like it. Is it similar to Acqua di Gio, you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Oh crap...and I'm only going to visit US in August. There it goes my hope to buy 2012 :/
    But thanks for the info
    Well, I guess I'll have to test 2013 and see if I like it. Is it similar to Acqua di Gio, you think?
    NO, I smell nothing remotely similar between CKOS2013 and AdG. Other than being a light crisp clean frag they are not similar. AdG has a Mediterranean, sea salt, citrus, and woodsy vibe to it thanks to the cedar. CKO2013 is a fresh fragrance that has cucumber at it's core and no woods that I can sense and the citrus is subdued and mild. AdG is more of a marine scent while CKO2013 is a fresh aquatic with mild vegetal vibe to it

By the way, I wouldn't wrry too much about missing 2012, it smelled like watermelon Jolly Ranchers (candy) to me and was more of a novelty whereas 2013 is a decent fragrance that could stand on it's own.

Yeah I sniffed out CK One Summer 2013. Smells nothing like ADG. Not a bad frag, you weren't kidding though about the cucumber, SO, haha. I'm not sure this is what 2008 smelled like, especially after reading reviews of 2008, it seems they smell a bit different. Wasn't too sold on this juice to be honest, but considering it's a limited summer edition nobody should go in expecting a masterpiece. Longevity and sillage were ok, pretty much what you'd expect with a summer aquatic. I'll have to sniff it out again

Alright then, I guess I was a little obsessed with 2012 lol.
    Thanks so much for your answers SteelerOpera! You were really helpful!
    I'll be looking to buy a bottle of 2013 then, it might be a good fresh addition to what I have.
    Cheers!

CK One Summer 2013 = CK One Summer 2008 = CK One SUCKS !

How do you guys find the projection of the new Summer 2013?

CKO Summer 2013 has better longevity than most of the other CKO summers. I got a few hours out of it, a friend of mine that bought it and loves it and he says he gets really great longevity out of it. But this was also his first full bottle of cologne ever

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    CKO Summer 2013 has better longevity than most of the other CKO summers. I got a few hours out of it, a friend of mine that bought it and loves it and he says he gets really great longevity out of it. But this was also his first full bottle of cologne ever
    Nice, what about the projection? Can people smell it in the room or is it a close to skin scent?

As with most summer scents it stays pretty close to the skin. But when I wore it I would notice it here and there once in awhile, so it's not a disappearing act like many of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    CK One Summer 2013 = CK One Summer 2008 = CK One SUCKS !
    Yikes!

Tested this one yesterday at the mall. It's pleasant and does give a watery cucumber type impression, but the base smells exactly like an ozonic 90's female shampoo. Lol! Not that that's a bad thing. It's very clean and fresh, but I keep thinking of snuggling someone and smelling their hair. Kind of comforting though.