Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: i want to purchase an expensive fragrance... Black Afgano or Jubilation XXV?

Jubilation XXV, although there are much better 'expensive' choices out there

and thank goodness for all the validation in this thread that the much talked about Black Afghano is really not very good
    Top 5:

1. Chanel - Platinum Egoiste
    2. Creed - Millesime Imperial
    3. Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    4. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    5. Bond No. 9 - Signature

Default Re: i want to purchase an expensive fragrance... Black Afgano or Jubilation XXV?

Jubilation, but, as mentioned, there are plenty better fragrances for the money.

treeman5823

Jubilation XXV, without any doubt. Black Afghano is crap.

Basenotes Plus

I vote Black Afgano. Jubilation XXV is boring, short lived, and not worth the pricetag. Black Afgano is a beast, captivating, and gets nothing but compliments.
    Favorites at the moment:
    Xerjoff Uden
    Xerjoff Nio
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Creed Aventus
    Frapin L'humaniste
    AdP Colonia Leather
    Dior Homme cologne 2013
    Currently wearing: L'Humaniste by Frapin

Dunno why there are snyde remarks regarding the 'expensive' part of his query.

People sometimes derive a certain pleasure from price.
    c
    Anyways,mdedinitelt JXXV. It's much much more versatile than BA.
    for swap/sale:

I have not smelled BA, but, while I love the smell of JXXV, I can't ever think of a time to wear it. Whenever I do, I smell like some sultan or sheik who is waiting in their palace for a 20 course meal to be served by scantily clad women who wear gold chains around their arms and legs. I wore it out once to Chinese food and it felt like a culture clash.

Maybe I read too much into these things.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Dunno why there are snyde remarks regarding the 'expensive' part of his query.

People sometimes derive a certain pleasure from price.
    c
    Anyways,mdedinitelt JXXV. It's much much more versatile than BA.
    Indeed! And assuming he'd never sampled either of them.

Jxxv is my rec. also
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

I enjoy both, but I would go with Jubilation XXV because it is more versatile.

Change1, since you assigned MKK and Kouros 5 stars, my hunch is you probably prefer Black Afgano to Jub xxv. On the other hand, since Jub xxv made your top 10 list, why don't you buy something you already fall in love with and buy a sample of Black Afgano (or decant) to test.

Cheers

Jubilation XXV.
    SUMMER COLOGNES: Splash of Lemon STH • Dior Homme Cologne • Boudicea the Victorious Oxford • Cedre Atlas • Azemour les Orangers • Oliver Peoples • Sunday Cologne edp • Guerlain Homme L'Eau • Ginepro di Sardegna • Maestrale • Iris Nazarena • Fitnessence • Escentric 02 • Daxon Iridium •

Basenotes Plus

As you said earlier Change1, you have had a few 2ml samples of Jubilation XXV, so you obviously like it enough to return again and again. This indicates that it might well make a good buy for you and is far more versatile than BA, so this would be my choice for you. BA, maybe sample this a few more times to see if you really like it or opt for a large decant while you make up your mind. However, for me BA did not make such a lasting or good impression.
    Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; but the heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as a fragrant forest.
    Currently wearing: Scandal by Roja Dove

Have you sampled them both?

Basenotes Plus

Black Afgano. Live a little.
    Currently wearing: Idole de Lubin by Lubin

I think you could safely blind buy Jubilation, but you better sample Black Afgano first: there is a current split on youtube for Black Afgano....$39 for 5ml
    Currently wearing: Cinnabar by Estιe Lauder

bleeeeaaaaahhh! I don't know why I get indignant on behalf of the OP- but some of these posts make me go bonzo.

He SAID in post 18 he sampled both. He can only afford to buy ONE right now. Cap-eeesh??

Sorry, change1 if you find my reaction overly intrusive (witchy/bitchy/catty) to your thread. Maybe from now on, just toss a coin to decide

I need a massage....
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

No kidding, Knit! Read the thread before commenting, folks.

I would encourage you to get the Amouage. I've only sampled Black Afghano once - I thought it was bizarre, cloying, and very synthetic smelling. The Amouage is pretty versatile and interesting. Buy it and get a decant of BA so you can spend more time with it before deciding whether you want a bottle.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -