Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default The CARDIN CENTAURES.........rather strong, no?

So I've purchased the Blue and Blanc (white?) versions of Pierre Cardin's Centaures.

What I get from these both is VERY STRONG projection and powdery.

Anyone else tried these?

Howabout the others?

It is super hard to find these scents, there is also a green and another color I can't recall right now.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Default Re: The CARDIN CENTAURES.........rather strong, no?

I've tried them but personally wasn't impressed by them.

Overcome By Fumes

I haven't tried them all (there are 8 versions). The regular is not bad and not hard to find. The Casaque (blue) is also pretty common but more powdery, more projectile. The white is more creamy and sweet and may be more projectile still. I like them quite a bit, for interesting takes on the leather note.

The strongest ones are probably the blue (Casaque) and the green (Fougere), the orange (Ambre) is more of an amber note, the blanc (white) is very powdery almost talc like - all the names are preceeded by Cuir (Leather in French) so as you can imagine they are all takes on the leather theme with a slightly different twist to each. Very stong upon the first spray but they do mellow quite a bit and most of them become very powdery but very long lasting. I don't have the red (Etalon) and can't remember what it smells like and I believe there is an original Centaure which I have not come across at all. I do also have Diamant Noir (opaque black bottle and cap) and Tete D'Or (opaque black bottle with golden cap) but these two I believe are based on lavender rather than leather and they smell so similar to each other sometimes I don't know which is which without looking at the bottles. I still find them all to be very interesting and they are the only leather fragrances that stop me getting Cuir Mauresque from Serge Lutens - not saying that they are similar but there are a lot of similarities from this range. The bottles are simply stunning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaz View Post
    The strongest ones are probably the blue (Casaque) and the green (Fougere), the orange (Ambre) is more of an amber note, the blanc (white) is very powdery almost talc like - all the names are preceeded by Cuir (Leather in French) so as you can imagine they are all takes on the leather theme with a slightly different twist to each. Very stong upon the first spray but they do mellow quite a bit and most of them become very powdery but very long lasting. I don't have the red (Etalon) and can't remember what it smells like and I believe there is an original Centaure which I have not come across at all. I do also have Diamant Noir (opaque black bottle and cap) and Tete D'Or (opaque black bottle with golden cap) but these two I believe are based on lavender rather than leather and they smell so similar to each other sometimes I don't know which is which without looking at the bottles. I still find them all to be very interesting and they are the only leather fragrances that stop me getting Cuir Mauresque from Serge Lutens - not saying that they are similar but there are a lot of similarities from this range. The bottles are simply stunning.
    Wow, you have the whole lot, just about, thanks for your input. I guess I'll stop trying to find the rest. The two I have seem to be okay and not really outstanding.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*