Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SOTD Friday Narch 15, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    In sync in:

Traversee du Bosphere by L'Artisan Parfumeur

...One of the Duchaufour scents that I really don't like, but I keep trying it. I do hate it a bit less today.
    This morning I had to go into my Management Office (for my new apartment) to talk to the Manager about the new A/C they're installing. He is Middle Eastern (his name is Abid) and I realized on my way out the door (after I'd applied a cloud of Traversee du Bosphere that I must have stunk up his office with the smell of his home country. I hope he liked it.

It's the base notes that rub me the wrong way. They fade in and out, but overall they just give off a musky/sugared vibe that I find treacly and synthetic.

30 Roses - you are always caring for the injured women in your life. I am convinced, in another life, you were an angel.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Whitefluffy, I believe Surrender to Chance or Perfumed Court has samples of 1932.(not affiliated).

(((30R)))
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

I tried Iris Nobile edp on Wednesday for the first time. Today I went through a few dept stores asking for samples and finally got one. I'm really starting to get fond of iris note.

Thank you, Kalli! But Basenotes is an amazing place and the sample of 1932 is already winging its way to me. YAY!!! Many, many thanks to cello!

UPS dropped by in time and now I am surrounded by crisp, sparkly aldehydes. SOTA - Le Labo Aldehyde 44

Last edited by Whitefluffy; 15th March 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Best wishes to 30Rosebuds! I hope there is no tearing. That poor sweetie, may she recover quickly.

Safe travels, Jon!

Mike, I found my opinions were the same as yours re: TdB. "Treacly" describes it exactly for me. None of the beauty described by others on my poor skin.

Lucas, thinking of you all day- anxiously awaiting! You must be worn out. Big hugs to you.

Yay, Whitefluffy! Happy to hear the new Chanels arrived; I did see they're now doing free 2 day shipping on orders that large. Yes, they are still pushing Coco Noir. Just gave away I think my fourth sample. And last time I ordered, Chance was the perfume option. I'd be happy if they'd even offer the classics once in awhile! But yes, I was hoping for 1932 as well. Will suck it up and order one.

Synced earlier in a Ropion: the stunning Carnal Flower. Out of sync now but so happy in 31 Rue Cambon. Happy Friday, all!

EDIT:
    Whitefluffy, that's so funny, just saw your post! Congrats on the gorgeous A44! And on finally scoring some1932! Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 15th March 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!
    Currently wearing: Lavandula by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    EDIT:
    Whitefluffy, that's so funny, just saw your post! Congrats on the gorgeous A44! And on finally scoring some1932! Have a great weekend!
    Thank you, PerfumedLady, I am absolutely ecstatic. It's as beautiful as I remember and having my name on the bottle makes it that much more special .

Lol, I found it pretty cool to have my name on a bottle at first, I must admit! By now, the novelty has worn off. I thought maybe you'd get your name spelled out in diamonds with the $$$$ Aldehyde44!
    The nose wants what it wants!
    Currently wearing: Lavandula by Penhaligon's

I'm in SL La Fille de Berlin from a sample today (I mentioned my impressions in the thread about it). It's the last day of a busy week, but the next one is truly crazy.... I'll need a calming scent.

30 Roses, I hope your daughter is okay!!

Hello again!

I see y'all have been buzzing about 1932 - what fun! I tell you, I just can't say enough good things about it, and I can also confirm my earlier impressions that this is much more of an iris perfume than jasmine, to my nose ...an "aldehydic, slightly woody floral-iris" may be more accurate, since it is, like many Chanels, an abstraction ...an elegant and refined, abstract iris bouquet. I don't even have a problem at all with longevity ...I'd say I get a good five hours out of it, at least. I smelled it all over my ballet clothes when I did laundry yesterday, and I'm sure this morning's application would still be lingering on me if I hadn't showered, but I had a sweaty run earlier (during which it re-bloomed quite beautifully, btw) so a shower was necessary, lol! At any rate, I'm quite interested in Wolfie's impressions also, as well as Whitefluffy's (stunning photo, btw!) I do hope it reveals its tender and graceful charms to you, as I really think it's something quite special.

Okay then, I'm now in Cartier's So Pretty for the afternoon. Y'all have a good one!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((Mike)) I seem to have misplaced my halo....

The knee immobilizer is in place and the poor kid has gone to lie down. Me, I'm scarfing down meringues and tea and vegging out online and then with a book I got from the library.

heart of ice

I'm in synch today, wearing What We Do In Paris Is Secret by Dominique Ropion.

We are expecting record warm (80+) temperatures today, but turning cool and rainy tomorrow. <shaking my head> weather in Kansas ...

Sending my best to everyone (especially 30 rosebud) ... Happy Friday to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Good evening!

Roses; my very best wishes for your rosebud's recovery.

Jon; bon voyage, have a safe & happy trip!

Lucasai; l am also awaiting your news!

l've just walked home from work in the driving rain, now drying out with vintage Shalimar PDT. The weekend starts here!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thank you everyone for rooting for me! Unfortunately I won't know the result earlier than in a few days. The doctor said to give him a week to check those exams. Taking into consideration that previously it took him 2 weeks to correct the reasults will be really at the end of next week.

But I'm having a feeling it will be fine. I'm praying for it being fine! I feel destroyed mentally and physically as well.

Tomorrow I'm going to Wrocław to participate in perfume workshop about woody notes as part of my de-stressing.

Blog Entries

That's encouraging news Lucasai, have a wonderful weekend de-stressing, you deserve it!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Bon Voyage Jon. Have a great trip.

Lucas. Been tooting for you.

Twolf, Ha! You like the Impossible Iris. Wonderful. Have you written your thoughts somewhere that I have missed? If so I would very much like to read your comments.

Dzongkha today, for the synch.

Well, have a wonderful weekend all. I'm working so I'll see you next week.

and Quarry..."decantress"! Fabulous!

((((rosebud))))

Blog Entries

I'm wearing my sample of L'artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup.

La Fille de Berlin for me.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I read all your comments to my daughter.

She says thanks, and "Tell them I think 'rosebud' is adorable."

Jon, bon voyage and have a lovely holiday. I hope you enjoyed your Chilean merlot -- and I hope you'll find more to enjoy in Oslo than Aquavit!

Twolf, I echo Jon and Foustie's pleasure in learning that you've succumbed to the charms of Impossible Iris. I think we SotD'ers are getting close to a quorum in our enjoyment of II!

Mike, I have to laugh -- TdB is one of only 3 LAPs that I like at all. Robin is wearing another. PerfumedLady, you nailed it with "treacly," but I guess in this case, "treacly" isn't a pejorative for me.

Lucas, congratulations! I'm glad you feel better about this go-around. I'm now sending lots of hopes for contentment and relaxation your way. I know how difficult it can be to unwind after that kind of stress.

30Roses, I'm so sorry to hear about rosebud. I did something quite similar to both of my knees in high school (subluxation and sprained ligaments but no tears). It HURTS, but ice is magic. I was icing 3-4 times a day for 20 minutes for the first couple of weeks after the injury. One of my problems was that my knees didn't track smoothly and my quadriceps muscles were too weak -- and my curvy hips really pulled on the alignment of my knees. I don't know what body type rosebud is, but if she tends toward curvy, you may want to look at a strengthening program for her quads. Which isn't always fun -- curvy hips plus athletic, muscular legs means never ever wearing skinny jeans. Sigh. But I digress. I'll be offering up wishes for no ligament tears.

Roberto, I love the photo! Thanks for a great start to the thread!

And finally, my dear Quarry. I must say, I admire your iron will. I am weak. So very weak. My bottle of Une Fleur de Cassie finally arrived, along with 5 lovely samples of other things I've been wanting to try. And what am I doing, right this second (besides typing, I mean)? I have all 5 samples at different places on my arms. And I'm twisting myself into knots trying to sniff them all properly. Because, you know, I couldn't just try 2 on. No, I had to do it all at once. C'est *ma* vie.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Friday and that you finish it off in the ways you love most.

I started in the day in Lutens Boxeuses, and now I'm finishing the day stinking of Dries Van Noten, Lys Mediterranee, Byredo La Tulipe, Arquiste Boutonniere No. 7, and Le Labo Neroli. I'm in heaven. Quarry and elizrj, I have no doubt we could stink up da place, no matter where da place might be!
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Jon, bon voyage ...
    First reading: "Jon Bon Jovi"

Blog Entries

SotE - a couple of dabs of Frapin 1270 by Frapin (from a sample)

Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Hi! Got a sample of Mahora by Guerlain today, in the mail, so that is my SOTD. I enjoy it so far; my first and second impressions of it are completely different; I am interested to see how it will wear in the future. So far, an interesting and enjoyable scent. First sniffing: EIGHTIES!!! Second time: Sooo Guerlain. What I thought Terracotta might be like but wasn't. Terracotta's older, bolder, more daring sister. Or something.

Well wishes and sweet fragrant dreams to all!

Casey
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    First reading: "Jon Bon Jovi"
    I read, sotd RSVP

Lol, off topic but I guess he's on tour again, lol.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford