Code of Conduct

Default Soft but powerful

I'm looking for something soft like in the sense of powdery-ness for example DHI, Midnight in Paris or La nuit de l'homme or even that older version of D&G pour homme (if you catch my drift). Still haven't got my LIDGE so I don't know if its along those lines. But the thing is that most of the softish scents don't project well with the exception of DHI and somewhat la nuit (in my current collection that is). So could you guys recommend any ?

I did try habit rogue edt on a strip of paper and I get a real strong rose after the lemon burst settles down so I didn't lean towards it much (not a big fan of rose I guess after growing up in a region with lots of rose oils and products).

Default Re: Soft but powerful

Versace Baby Blue Jeans might be worth a try: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120154.html

Cheap too. Or . . .

Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Last edited by Wally Swoboda; 15th March 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Coromandel would fit the bill. (Soft patchouli & powdery white chocolate) - delish....

Otherwise, I really enjoy Habit Rouge EDP (much more than the EDT, worth to try on skin)
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Overcome By Fumes

Jaipur Homme
    AMen

+1 for Coromandel
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

what would you say if i was able to get my hands on Ysl kouros fraicheur ?

Try Carnerbarcelona D600, DHI is similar to but D600 seems to me better, pepper, iris, vetiver, vanilla, ..., powder, a little spicy, a little sweet, creamy, good sillage above average and a longevity more than 10 hours, this is just what you are looking for.

By Kilian Back to Black is a soft powdered honey and tobacco which is quite strong and long lasting. Les Nez l'Antimatiere is soft grey musc which is subtle but always present and lasts all day, though I personally find it a little too simplistic.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Swoboda View Post
    Versace Baby Blue Jeans might be worth a try: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120154.html

Cheap too. Or . . .

Guerlain Heritage EDT
    All three of these are great recommendations.

Also, try the Eau de Parfum version of Habit Rouge.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Guerlain Derby is this great dichotomy of being soft yet a powerhouse. I'm trying to wrap my head around how that can be lol
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dior Bois d'Argent.

You won't get better than Jaipur Homme EdP

Undergreen Gold

34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque would fit the bill. I just got it and am still getting to know it, but I love it!

I would describe it as soft but with a deep, brooding undercurrent, and I'm getting excellent longevity. I am actually finding it similar in feel to Guerlain Heritage EDT, like a similar structure, with a ton of aromatics up front, floral/woody heart, and deep resinous base, but instead of all the Guerlain-esque notes in Heritage, 34 Boulevard Saint Germain is supposed to recall the smell of an actual Diptyque boutique, so it's built on different notes common to Diptyque. I think it's wonderful.

PS: There are many notes in this one, but yesterday I wore it and I did pick up a dense, iris vibe I thought was similar to Dior Homme. Mainly in the first hour of wearing it.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

I doubt it can get much better than DHI. Maybe Habanita or Jicky.

I'm surprised no one said MiP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    34 Boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque would fit the bill. I just got it and am still getting to know it, but I love it!

I would describe it as soft but with a deep, brooding undercurrent, and I'm getting excellent longevity. I am actually finding it similar in feel to Guerlain Heritage EDT, like a similar structure, with a ton of aromatics up front, floral/woody heart, and deep resinous base, but instead of all the Guerlain-esque notes in Heritage, 34 Boulevard Saint Germain is supposed to recall the smell of an actual Diptyque boutique, so it's built on different notes common to Diptyque. I think it's wonderful.

PS: There are many notes in this one, but yesterday I wore it and I did pick up a dense, iris vibe I thought was similar to Dior Homme. Mainly in the first hour of wearing it.
    will search for it, but the iris kind of powdery may not exactly be the first choice, searching for more like lightness with good sillage. Why oh why did I make DHI my 3rd purchase of the collection

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of recommendations for jaipur and coromendal. Now I must hunt them down and try not to go broke while doing that :P. Thanks for the headsup, do throw in some more options

Bois d'Argent. Similar to MiP but much better projection/longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    I'm surprised no one said MiP yet.
    It's mentioned in the op.

You can try this

treeman5823

Damn, and I was going to suggest Habit Rouge, too. Try Shalimar.

Guerlain Heritage

Pure Havane
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Villoresi Teint de Neige

Bois D'argent, quite soft but leaves a decent scent cloud around the wearer.

Havana Vanille worth to try and maybe Les Orientalistes Collection from Anick Goutal .

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by kotch7 View Post
    bois d'argent, quite soft but leaves a decent scent cloud around the wearer.

Tiffany for Men or Chanel pour Monsieur.

Hmmmm, some seem difficult to attain, also wanna add that I like coty's wild musk too, anything similar to it would also work

Creed Himalaya
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I don't think Kouros Fraicheur is what you are looking for.
    maybe Heritage?

soft but powerful, thats easy. but if you like aquatics that makes it more difficult. Paul Sebastion fine cologne is soft, powdery, but STRONG. and it lasts all day. and, its much cheaper than any other fragrance mentioned above. and since no one has mentioned it i assume youd be the only one wearing it for miles. and that is a good thing. unless you need to smell like every teenage boy at the mall on any given saturday evening. then id say aqua di gio.

Yohji Homme
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post

A few weeks back I went on a sniffing spree at Aedes and 34 Boulevard Saint Germain was one of the few (maybe 3/4) that I really enjoyed. It was very similar to Diptyque's Volutes but at the same time more complex. I'm waiting for a good deal as I think the price point is a bit more than I want to spend.

another vote for Dior Bois d'Argent....it is so light that I forget I am wearing it until someone walks in the office and asks what is that wonderful smell

Boucheron Jaipur Homme is a perfect one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Swoboda View Post

Cheap too. Or . . .

Guerlain Heritage EDT

Yerbamate by Lorenzo Villoresi.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by darren1:2878028
    soft but powerful, thats easy. but if you like aquatics that makes it more difficult. Paul Sebastion fine cologne is soft, powdery, but STRONG. and it lasts all day. and, its much cheaper than any other fragrance mentioned above. and since no one has mentioned it i assume youd be the only one wearing it for miles. and that is a good thing. unless you need to smell like every teenage boy at the mall on any given saturday evening. then id say aqua di gio.
    Thanks. I am not a big fan of aquatics actually, it's more like I'm into more classy frags. That's one reason I prefer GIT over cool water :P.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom:2878036
    A few weeks back I went on a sniffing spree at Aedes and 34 Boulevard Saint Germain was one of the few (maybe 3/4) that I really enjoyed. It was very similar to Diptyque's Volutes but at the same time more complex. I'm waiting for a good deal as I think the price point is a bit more than I want to spend.
    How much was it going for?

Bvlgari BLV Notte
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Midnight in Paris EDP
    Jaipur Homme EDP
    Costume National 21
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Last edited by gid; 16th March 2013 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    Thanks. I am not a big fan of aquatics actually, it's more like I'm into more classy frags. That's one reason I prefer GIT over cool water :P.
    excellent! then i think you might like paul sebastian fine cologne, its definatly classic! i see it for sale in tj maxx and marshalls all the time, very cheap. like $10 for a big bottle cheap. check it out, i think its soft/strong as you could ever want.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by gid:2878312
    Midnight in Paris EDP
    Jaipur Homme EDP
    Costume National 21
    Costume National Scent Intense
    I'm searching for both those edp versions, can find edt easily though. Costume national seems a new option for me.

Profumum Alba

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki:2878753
    Profumum Alba
    May I know the notes?