Code of Conduct

Question Une Rose for men?

I just got a sample of this amazing fragrance. Everywhere on the net I read it's a womans rose fragrance. That was my first thought too. On me it started out as if you put your nose in a rose out in the garden, mixed with some fresh berries.

I think it started out as a very bright and clean rose - the opposite I read almost everywhere. Now later in the drydown I'm starting to get to the darker qualities. Honey, almost a bit smoky (actually a little like Fumerie Turque by SL - but way cleaner) and patchouli - but I still get that fresh berry note - almost fizzy (aldehydes?). It's both dark and fresh at the same time. I can't decide if it's too feminine or not. Can a straight man get away wearing Une Rose to work (office)? I will certainly try, but I'd like your input on this too. Will women think I stole my mothers/girlfriends perfume?

Default Re: Une Rose for men?

I think roses are perfect for men, and there are many more one can nicely pull off (example: Anais Anais).

I don't think people can distinguish what's marketed to men or to women. Besides, Une Rose is quite far away from what passes for feminine right now (sweet fruity florals or squeaky clean white florals), so they won't realize. If asked, just make up a random perfume name for men.

cacio

Call it "Jockstrap" and be done. If you enjoy it, wear it. Fragrance has no gender.

Sound Scents

I love Une Rose and would have no problem wearing it at all, my guess is you won't either.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Bought this for my wife who loves it. Too feminine IMO for me to wear. For rose I prefer Rosissimo by Parfums des Rosine.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I love Une Rose and would have no problem wearing it at all, my guess is you won't either.
    Do you wear it to work? I've noticed office wear could be a little complicated with most fragrances, but especially for those not fitting the "norm". People not interested in perfumes can tell you "you smell like an old man", "you smell weird" or "you smell like a girl", while themselves smells like generic hillbillies. I guess you shouldn't care, but some perfumes I never wear to work, because I know how people will react. Une Rose is a tricky one, that's why I'm asking for advice .

Try it at work. If anyone asks, lie if it makes you feel better. You'll be fine.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Do you wear it to work? I've noticed office wear could be a little complicated with most fragrances, but especially for those not fitting the "norm". People not interested in perfumes can tell you "you smell like an old man", "you smell weird" or "you smell like a girl", while themselves smells like generic hillbillies. I guess you shouldn't care, but some perfumes I never wear to work, because I know how people will react. Une Rose is a tricky one, that's why I'm asking for advice .
    I have worn it to work, but only once as I just have a sample (though certainly would not mind owning it someday). I wear another Malle rose scent I own instead to work and everywhere else...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I have worn Une Rose to work several times. A light application is recommended as this is a potent fragrance. I spray under my shirt which helps moderate the sillage. Do not spray on clothing since it can cling to fabric through multiple washings.

i have une rose and canal flower and i like it but rarely wear it

worst come to worst, just say you slipped and somehow une rose is on you
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by dukecity View Post
    I have worn Une Rose to work several times. A light application is recommended as this is a potent fragrance. I spray under my shirt which helps moderate the sillage. Do not spray on clothing since it can cling to fabric through multiple washings.
    Ever got any comments, bad or good?

Im scared to carry bottles of stuff designed for women. Decants are the way to go in these occasions.

I think it's one of the best rose fragrances I've ever smelled and would have no hesitation wearing it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Ever got any comments, bad or good?
    I do not recall getting any comments regarding Une Rose.

Sure why not. It's not pink and even then real men wear pink, the half half ones call it salmon lol.

Dont allow society to dictate so much.

for swap/sale: