Code of Conduct

Question Besides New-York, what Parfums de Nicolaï frags are worth checking out?

For men, that is.

Default Re: Besides New-York, what Parfums de Nicolaï frags are worth checking out?

I like many of them:
    Odalisque: mossy, classical
    Patchouli intense (formerly patch homme): an acidic, citrusy patchouli
    Baladin: dry, slightly leathery vetiver

Special mentions also to Vie de Chateau (citrusy mossy leathery), Musc intense (white musk), Temps d'une fete (green floral). And, for a refreshing zing, to the eau de cologne Cologne Sologne.

cacio

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Besides New-York, what Parfums de Nicolaï frags are worth checking out?

Baladin
    Vetiver
    Eau Mixte
    Le Chic
    Cedrat Intense

Cologne Sologne is also worth checking out.

I almost bought that one at the Nicolai boutique in Paris in the summer of 2009, but I couldn't resist New York, so I bought that instead.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Niche & Hard-To-Find Sale (US Only): Frederic Malle, vintage Infusion de Vetiver, By Kilian

I haven't tried anything from Parfums De Nicolai that I didn't like to be Honest.
    My favorites: Nicolai Pour Homme, which i bought. Patchouli Instense, which I plan to buy. L'eau Chic would be great in the smmer. Balle De Match sort of reminded me of Bleu de Chanel. I also really like Vie de Chateau intense.
    Last edited by sroreilly; 17th March 2013 at 01:15 AM.

I love New York, but struggled to find more of this house that worked for me. Many of them feel a bit overdone and strident to my nose - good ideas pushed too far. Having said that, I think Patchouli Intense is very good, as well as Vanille Tonka.

Cologne Sologne is a nice neroli cologne, refreshing and fleeting, and it's inexpensive. It's a traditional cologne, though - meant as a refreshing tonic that fades away quickly. Expect it to last all day and you'll be disappointed.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marahadjah is my favourite.
    Please don't be put off by the fact it's classed as a women's fragrance ~ it is actually very masculine.
    Dominant notes are lavender cinnamon, sandalwood and patchouli. This fragrance is totally unique and may take a little getting used to. If you like Mauboussin Homme you will love this. I find them very similar.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Marahadjah is my favourite.
    Please don't be put off by the fact it's classed as a women's fragrance ~ it is actually very masculine.
    Dominant notes are lavender cinnamon, sandalwood and patchouli. This fragrance is totally unique and may take a little getting used to. If you like Mauboussin Homme you will love this. I find them very similar.
    Spot on. This and Baladin and New York are my favorites.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I love New York, but struggled to find more of this house that worked for me. Many of them feel a bit overdone and strident to my nose - good ideas pushed too far. Having said that, I think Patchouli Intense is very good, as well as Vanille Tonka.

Cologne Sologne is a nice neroli cologne, refreshing and fleeting, and it's inexpensive. It's a traditional cologne, though - meant as a refreshing tonic that fades away quickly. Expect it to last all day and you'll be disappointed.
    I'm having the same experience. After buying New York (a five star scent) I bought all the unisex and masculine samples of the line. I'm still working my way through them but as yet they all been average at best.