Code of Conduct

Question Too overpowering / Too soft

I usually drive my car and give a ride to some people, when going out (like, my girlfriend, friends, etc.)
    And of course, as a fragrance lover, I put on a fragrance and head out to the night.

The problem is, if I apply, say, 2 sprays of anything, it becomes too overpowering to everybody inside the car.
    But if I apply less, like, 1 spray only, It will be too soft and nobody will smell me at all when we get to our destination.

So, I'm always puzzled as to how much I should spray
    Have any of you had this kind of problem too?

Default Re: Too overpowering / Too soft

Personally have never had this problem. Perhaps keep experimenting with different scents.

This would be my suggestion:

Spray once. Take an atomizer and apply more later when you get out of the car.

Depends on the fragrance itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    This would be my suggestion:

Spray once. Take an atomizer and apply more later when you get out of the car.
    Hmm...never thought of it. This might be a good idea. Where do you guys buy atomizers from?

Spray twice and tell them to get over it- it won't be a problem in an hour. You can always open a window or remind them it's your car.

As long as fresh supply of air is there, it shouldn't be a problem. Try to open the windows about an inch or so from the top. Also let fresh air come in from the vents. This works for me.

Wat makes you feel they're overwhelmed?

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by The Traditionalist View Post
    Spray twice and tell them to get over it- it won't be a problem in an hour. You can always open a window or remind them it's your car.
    Wow, talk about an aggressive stance hahaha just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Wat makes you feel they're overwhelmed?
    Well, sometimes when I spray two times my girlfriend tells me that it's too strong. One of my friends told me so too, once.
    And I'm not wearing super powerful fragrances, mind you. I wear more of the fresh stuff, like Acqua di Gio, Fierce and 212

Have you tried putting something on an hour before you head out? That should give the scent enough time to 'mellow' out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Have you tried putting something on an hour before you head out? That should give the scent enough time to 'mellow' out.
    Yeah, that's something I can't do, really...I live with my parents and my dad is allergic to fragrances.
    Poor dad, how did he end up having a fraghead son? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yeah, that's something I can't do, really...I live with my parents and my dad is allergic to fragrances.
    Poor dad, how did he end up having a fraghead son? LOL
    Next question, then, which fragrance or fragrances are you having this issue with?

Like I said, I even had problems with the fresh ones like 212 Men, Acqua di Gio and Fierce.

Tonight I wore 212 and applied 1 spray to neck and 1 under shirt, it seemed to work that way. It wasn't too strong inside the car and it was just right at the party inside a house that I went.
    But if I went to a an open area I would have to apply more to get noticed, when I got there, as dougczar suggested.

Like I said, I even had problems with the fresh ones like 212 Men, Acqua di Gio and Fierce.

Tonight I wore 212 and applied 1 spray to neck and 1 under shirt, it seemed to work that way. It wasn't too strong inside the car and it was just right at the party inside a house that I went.
    But if I went to a an open area I would have to apply more to get noticed, when I got there, as dougczar suggested.
    I thought I saw you mention it but I didn't see any names in your initial post and apparently didn't have enough patience to look at the one above mine, sorry about that. But I will say that just because a cologne is 'fresh' doesn't mean it won't project. Both Acqua di Gio and Fierce are 'powerful' in their own ways, 212 less so but still a quality scent. Applying a spray under your shirt might be the way to go, it'll 'muffle' some of the projection for sure.

Wow, talk about an aggressive stance hahaha just kidding

Well, sometimes when I spray two times my girlfriend tells me that it's too strong. One of my friends told me so too, once.
    And I'm not wearing super powerful fragrances, mind you. I wear more of the fresh stuff, like Acqua di Gio, Fierce and 212
    In the army, they purposely feed you rotten food, in small doses. So that your digestive system develops an immunity of sort to that particular bug. This raises your tolerance threshold.

Do it.

for swap/sale: