Code of Conduct

Default New Experience: Reed Diffuser with pure Eucalyptus Oil

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share what I've done for my bathroom here at home. I bought a small bottle with reed diffusers and after a lot of researching, I was able to buy a 1000 ml bottle of 98% pure Eucalyptus oil. I plan to put the eucalyptus oil in the small bottle gradually, as the oil diffuses in my bathroom.

I have always been a fan of eucalyptus oil because it reminds me of saunas and because it reminds me of my grandmother, who used to burn eucalyptus leafs in her farm to repel mosquitos (bugs).

The products haven't arrived yet, but as soon as they do I'll tell you about the results. The 1 liter of eucalyptus oil cost me 35 dollars plus shipping.

Default Re: New Experience: Reed Diffuser with pure Eucalyptus Oil

Where did you buy the oil from?

for swap/sale:

I bought the oil at a brazilian website similar to ebay. It is made by a brand from the south of the country (Parana) where the climate is more favorable to pine and eucaliptus. They sell this oil to be used in saunas. They actually told me that the 98% concentration is illegal, but they sold it to me anyway, provided that I knew how to use it. They usually mix the oil with alcohol. I believe the legal concentration is around 50-50%

The site is mercadolivre.com.br , you should search for oleo de eucalipto . If you really wanna buy it, I can help you and send you a PM with the specific address of the product.
    Last edited by DanielPlainview; 17th March 2013 at 10:13 AM.

That seems very expensive. The usual price for Eucalyptus oil is about 5.00/Kg. But I guess if you buy small amounts the price will go up; even so...

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by David Ruskin; 17th March 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Yes, it is a small amount. If I had bought 100 liters, I would have got a better price. I paid consumer prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, I have just received the oil and filled the bottle. The oil is super powerful. It smells just like I imagined it should. I am very happy with it.