Code of Conduct

Default Chez Bond and GIT

I live a few blocks away from Bond No. 9's store on the UES and swung by there today. GIT is my favorite/HG fragrance by a mile; I will always have it in my collection and consider it my signature scent. In my opinion, there's nothing else like it. Sure, CW and Chez Bond are of the same genre, but not in the same league.

Chez Bond in my opinion is a good fragrance, not great. To me, it has a creamier feel and more feminine vide. Overall, I'm not that impressed with it--I find it lighter than GIT and not as natural, dark and deep. Plus I can't stand Bond's bottles and atomizers. Whereas, I absolutely love Creed's--the bottles are so sleek in my opinion and have the best sprayers on the market.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people think.

Default Re: Chez Bond and GIT

GIT IMO is better in every aspect.

Post Thanks / Like

While GIT does smell more natural and of higher quality, I prefer to WEAR Chez Bond for its smoother and more modern feel. I am in the minority though here.

Also nothing feminine about Chez Bond IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I've sampled/tried both and I didn't get anything out of GIT. Chez Bond, on the other hand, I really enjoyed and might purchase in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of Chez Bond, but it's different enough from GIT in the dry down to be a viable alternative. Can't see paying a lot of money for it, but that's a whole other argument.
    Last edited by silentrich; 17th March 2013 at 12:42 AM.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

GIT > Chez Bond. I also really love Cool Water. Can't go wrong with any of these. Chez bond is not worth buying imo when you can buy Cool Water or GIT.

I think both GIT & Chez Bond are exceptional fragrances, but I find I reach for Chez Bond a little bit more. Chez Bond has a very subtle tea note that I like, and it seems to have a little better longevity IMO. Otherwise, they are extremely similar.

Both are good but I prefer GIT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I think both GIT & Chez Bond are exceptional fragrances, but I find I reach for Chez Bond a little bit more. Chez Bond has a very subtle tea note that I like, and it seems to have a little better longevity IMO. Otherwise, they are extremely similar.
    I agree. I love that subtle tea note in Chez Bond.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

I think I liked Chez Bond better but need to do a comparison again.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised GIT is losing so far

Another vote for Chez Bond having smelt GIT and Cool Water as well

Post Thanks / Like

GIT smells better to me and prefer it over CW and Chez Bond. I own all three and sport them all.

Chez is a linear, creamy violet. GIT has more character. It is lively and has a natural feel. I prefer GIT but on some days chez might be a tame option. A similar green musky vibe can be had with EL Pleasures which I enjoy just as much and is cheaper.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?