Code of Conduct

Thread: fougere bengale

Banned

Default fougere bengale

Hello guys,
    What is the colour of the juice?

I have got in a swap something of very green colour, but the smell is not strong warm, boozy as i remember from testing in the shop...and today one girl brought a sample with original scent that is yellow ......can pls someone confirm that the original is not green?

I was looking at pictures of the scent where they show something green.....but my green sample is so meh.....

Thxs

Default Re: fougere bengale

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    Hello guys,
    What is the colour of the juice?

I have got in a swap something of very green colour, but the smell is not strong warm, boozy as i remember from testing in the shop...and today one girl brought a sample with original scent that is yellow ......can pls someone confirm that the original is not green?

I was looking at pictures of the scent where they show something green.....but my green sample is so meh.....

Thxs
    I have a full large bottle and I bought it when it was first released. I just checked mine. It's yellowish- brown more on the yellowish side. Definitely not green.

Banned

Thank you very much hednic!!!

Amazing, i got small sample of that yellowish brown colour today that smells just how i remember it, i tested this only 1 time in a shop, and 2 months ago i got from a 10 ml swap this green decant, which i did not wear, sprayed one time and was not impressed, so never put it on again......that smells like a real fake, cheap alcoholic notes with some herbs, no power, watered down.....

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thank you very much hednic!!!

Amazing, i got small sample of that yellowish brown colour today that smells just how i remember it, i tested this only 1 time in a shop, and 2 months ago i got from a 10 ml swap this green decant, which i did not wear, sprayed one time and was not impressed, so never put it on again......that smells like a real fake, cheap alcoholic notes with some herbs, no power, watered down.....
    Then it is obvious to you that you have a 10 ml fake as the original is a powerhouse of a frag with the color of a medium-light beer.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I bought the sample set from their website.
    Actually, Fougere Bengale is my SOTD, wearing it for the first time.
    It's bright green. It surprised me, I like it.
    I wouldn't call it a powerhouse though. Far from it.
    I can certainly understand why iivanita would call it a watered down perfume with no power.
    Actually, from the 4 or 5 I have tried, they all seem to be tame, almost transparent.
    With the exception of Cuir Ottoman.
    I think they reformulated their perfumes...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Well there you go. Different strokes for different folks. I find the opening to be a fireworks display of spices, and maybe mocha in there too. For the most part I get big and brooding throughout most of the drydown, although sillage is close to the wearer and not particularly effusive. Watered down doesn't enter my vocabulary describing this frag

yes, brownish, not green. i find it very masculine, almost macho. almost as macho as yatagan. hard to imagine it on a woman
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Well there you go. Different strokes for different folks. I find the opening to be a fireworks display of spices, and maybe mocha in there too. For the most part I get big and brooding throughout most of the drydown, although sillage is close to the wearer and not particularly effusive. Watered down doesn't enter my vocabulary describing this frag
    If your juice has the color of a medium-light beer, and my official sample is bright green, we are not smelling the same thing. That has nothing to do with perception, but with IFRA restrictions and reformulations.

l'Instant Extreme, DHI and Eau Sauvage Parfum smell of much higher quality and have better projection and sillage. The current Parfum d'Empire range seems to be overloaded with Iso E Super.

for swap/sale:

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Mine is slightly darker than in the picture above, but light conditions need to be factored in. The FB i know cannot be considered as "not powerful". It is quite strong and lasts very long.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Then it is obvious to you that you have a 10 ml fake as the original is a powerhouse of a frag with the color of a medium-light beer.
    Green juice.....its so much different then the yellow-beer coloured juice....that i tried in the shop....because the original fougere is powerhouse, this green is half of the strength, also opening is alcoholic, herbs, not so much spices, not so boozy...not strong at all..

Suppresor if you say you have original green, then this must be one of the WORST reformulations ever made.....i can not believe its true

- - - Updated - - -

So here they are... I sprayed 1 spray of yellow from that small bottle and everything around me smelled for hours! So that i was bit embarrassed because in theater and thinking if someone doesn't like that boozy smell will hate it.....i did not get same impression from the green, its like edt...and.......not so warm so opulent...its like fake:-)

I just checked from the source of green juice, its from the original bottle bought in fine niche shop!

So its been REFORMULATED:-) .....thinned down by half:-) .....
    Last edited by iivanita; 17th March 2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: new info

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I thought I'd check the online Parfum d'Empire site for a pic of their Fougere Bengale. But...now I remember a previous visit to that site and the difficulties in navigating it then still plague me: unresponsive/slow/screens far too large to fit my 22" monitor screen/site map poor to useless. I was unable to screen display Fougere Bengale to check if their bottle is a markedly different one in color, bottle, cap or label than the one I bought some years ago. Maybe someone else will have better luck and post a pic here?

I did see, on Google Images, some images of Fougere Bengale showing a profoundly green juice..

actually, for me good to know their stuff is reformulated and messed up. i was interested in the house, now i will ignore it and save my money. having ambre russe and brown fougere bengale is good enough
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

I dug in my sample box- my Fougère Bengale sample, from the complete sample collection I ordered from PdE site in September 2012, is pale yellow (nothing like the "official" picture on PdE site, much paler but it could be due to the small quantity) but definitely not green (the green- light green- one being Eau de Gloire, which is the only eau de toilette from the collection, hence maybe a bit "watered down"...). The scent is, as others point out, heavy on spices and tobacco, definitely not watered down!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Banned

I posted you pic of 2 samples both are official:-)
    Yellow smells great, green not so, the idea that is fake sit well with what i smell, but i checked and both are legal!:-)

Its the destiny irony........they named the scent after Bengale tiger...now within 2 years it shares the same destiny of the tiger

Btw i would love to get that yellow juice frag

I was trying to navigate their page and was soo bad, so i wrote an email and waiting for reply,

But parfums d emprie are NOT isolated case, many others including Amouage are reformulating everything they have pre 2010......another example of sad situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mspa View Post
    yes, brownish, not green. i find it very masculine, almost macho. almost as macho as yatagan. hard to imagine it on a woman
    I agree! I felt like i was drinking too much lol, sprayed only one spray from my small sample i got just before the ballet show:-) .....and it was radiating , but is so rich,.....lets say natural smelling perfume!
    Last edited by iivanita; 17th March 2013 at 06:24 PM.

I think if you find it weak you must have been sent a fake. It's not a weak fragrance at all.

No, that is what Livanita is saying. Neither appear to be fakes but are different.

Google image it and the whole page is littered with the two colours. They are remarkably different so only the House will be able to answer the question accurately. It has to be a change in ingredient or supplier of one. Especially if it has altered the frag so drastically. The goalposts just keep on moving and soon we will only be allowed to wear water.

- - - Updated - - -

From the official site

From fragrantica site

Suppresor if you say you have original green, then this must be one of the WORST reformulations ever made.....i can not believe its true

- - - Updated - - -

Well that picture says it all. My official sample has the green color.
    Another great perfume made worthless by a bad reformulation.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    No, that is what Livanita is saying. Neither appear to be fakes but are different.

Google image it and the whole page is littered with the two colours. They are remarkably different so only the House will be able to answer the question accurately. It has to be a change in ingredient or supplier of one. Especially if it has altered the frag so drastically. The goalposts just keep on moving and soon we will only be allowed to wear water.

- - - Updated - - -

From the official site

From fragrantica site
    I wasn't commenting on the colour of the liquid, but on the comment the OP made: 'the smell is not strong warm, boozy as i remember from testing '

I was just on the Parfum d'Empire website and it still is pictured as yellowish brown (like the bottle I have). It's one helluva powerful fragrance. I hope this green stuff is a mistake and that it hasn't been gutted.