Code of Conduct

Default Creed Green Valley

Hey guys,

I've been doing a little reading into Green Valley by Creed and from what I have read it is a fragrance that is in the upper echelons alongside Green Irish Tweed. However, I have also read that it has been discontinued by Creed but also that it seems to pop up here and there.

What is your personal experience with Green Valley? What do you get from it? And has it officially been discontinued by Creed?

Cheers!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Default Re: Creed Green Valley

Creed Green Valley is basically better version of Fahrenheit, so many memories while wearing this one! It's very potent, a little goes a long way. It HAS officially been discontinued.

In my opinion it isn't even at the same table with GIT. One of the few Creeds that isn't bottle worthy.

I think it's great and actually like it better than GIT and it's beautiful frag for Spring time. I detect elements from GIT and SMW in this one. I highly recommend this if you can find one or a sample to test.

I'm crazy about it. No comparison to GIT, it's a photorealistic representation of -- wait for it -- a green valley. Seriously perfect. You might not want to go around smelling like a beautifully pastoral field on a sunny day very ofen. But when the mood is right, Green Valley is divine. Buy it now, before it becomes impossibly pricey. On my second bottle now, Green Valley shot straight to the top of my favorites list, and it's been there since first sniff.

It's a more unisex version of GIT. It has an ethereal quality. A minty/soapy fragrance with an herbal freshness to it. Smells good, but the longevity and projection are sub par at least on my skin. In my opinion this is no where near GIT, but if you can find it for a reasonable price it's a pleasant fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    I'm crazy about it. No comparison to GIT, it's a photorealistic representation of -- wait for it -- a green valley. Seriously perfect. You might not want to go around smelling like a beautifully pastoral field on a sunny day very ofen. But when the mood is right, Green Valley is divine. Buy it now, before it becomes impossibly pricey. On my second bottle now, Green Valley shot straight to the top of my favorites list, and it's been there since first sniff.
    I never regarded this as a popular Creed based on how rarely its mentioned on these forums. Do you really expect it to become impossibly pricey? :s
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    I never regarded this as a popular Creed based on how rarely its mentioned on these forums. Do you really expect it to become impossibly pricey? :s
    Vintage Tabarome was never popular and look at it now.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Vintage Tabarome was never popular and look at it now.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    Discontinued fragrances often increase in market value. Creed has a strong fan base, and they're pricey even while in production. High potential investment value, IMO. But Green Valley is so good, you might not be able to resist using it. Either way, a recommended buy.

I prefer Green Valley to GIT. It is one of my favourite Creeds.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I don't know if Green Valley has "officially" been discontinued by Creed, but for all practical purposes, it may as well have been. It has not been offered on the Creed online site for quite a while.

You are right that Green Valley could be found from time to time (Beauty Encounter used to have quite a bit of it left), but not anymore. I'm afraid if you want it, you'll have to look for it on eBay or maybe someone here will put it up for sale.

Green Valley has always been one of my favorites. I've always smelled similarities in Green Valley to MI, SMW and Tabarome Millesime. Not sure what I'm picking up on......but I think it's likely some combination of bergamot, mandarin, and/or black currant notes.

With Green Valley, I get the fruit/melon notes of MI combined with a dry, grassy smell (which I can only assume is the ginger in it). It's very unique and wonderful. Love to play golf while wearing it.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Creed Green Valley is basically better version of Fahrenheit, so many memories while wearing this one! It's very potent, a little goes a long way. It HAS officially been discontinued.
    SO does this smell like gasoline also?

I smell no similarity to Fahrenheit at all.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by skyline View Post
    so does this smell like gasoline also?
    little bit

I think Creed Green Valley is a wonderful scent and glad I own it.

I have been thinking about writing up a blog post about the "perfect green scent," but I thought I should continue to sample, especially since I had yet to find anything close. That was before a few days ago, when I wore the new version of Azuree. Fragrantica.com lists the notes as "...basil, jasmine, citrus, vetiver, rose, patchouli, moss and amber." However, the citrus, basil, and vetiver remain strong for a long time, with the other notes providing contrast, depth, and balance. I think this is as good as it is going to get for me, in terms of a "green" scent.

little bit
    I need to sample this then!

One of the best Creeds and I'm a pretty big fan of most of the Creed line. With that said, it is a very "green" and soapy fragrance that has smells more like a combination of GIT and Neroli Sauvage to me personally, while there is mint it doesn't smell overpowering to me either.

While it won't ever be that popular of a fragrance, it does have its fans and it is also a collector's item as well now too, so expect the price to just keep increasing over time unless Creed does something crazy and actually brings back some of the discontinued scents in the future.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    One of the best Creeds and I'm a pretty big fan of most of the Creed line. With that said, it is a very "green" and soapy fragrance...
    This is what I have heard in the past, and because I don't associate soapy with green, I never went out of my way to try and sample it.

I have never thought of Green Valley as a predominantly soapy or minty fragrance. However, there are reports of it having many more notes than are listed on the Creed website, among them being such things as wild English mint, Lemon, Violet leaves, Oak Moss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, and Patchouli.

With notes like that, it's easy to see why Green Valley might remind people of so many other Creed fragrances (GIT, SMW, MI, Tabarome Millesime). If it's soap someone smells, however, it's not soapy like the soapiness of Original Vetiver, for instance. And if there's mint in it, it's not dominant like the mint from Selection Verte.

I would still describe it more as a hybrid along the lines of GIT or SMW, with a definite grassy field smell. Not a green grassiness, more of a earthy/brown grass smell.

Here's the ad from Creed....

CREED Green Valley was inspired by the game of golf, nature and the outdoors.

Sixth generation master perfumer Olivier CREED played on the French National Champion Golf Team in 1984. Today, Mr. CREED’s masterful golf swing is seen on the Fontainebleau Golf Course in the French countryside, not far from the legendary CREED fragrance workshop.

In the clubhouse, Mr. CREED’s portrait hangs on the wall in a place of honor. Green Valley was created to celebrate the pleasure and relaxation of the game and the beauty of playing -- and winning -- in concert with nature.

Classification: Mossy Wood / Fresh

Characteristics: A truly universal fragrance. Green Valley`s green, fresh and soft woody notes are guaranteed to retrieve your fondest memories of the country side and nature.

Top Notes: Mandarine and bergamot
    Middle Notes: Ginger, black currant
    Base Notes: Ambergris, musk
    Comparatives: Silver Mountain Water, Tabarome Millesime, Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    SO does this smell like gasoline also?
    No, but it does have some resemblance to vintage Fahrenheit.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I love it - although my only comment on it from somebody else was "smells like antiseptic"...

I have a bottle(in fact wearing it today as its St.Paddy's Day and wearing something green), mine was bought early 00s. I don't get soap but fresh, clean perhaps a little sharp kick.
    DONNA

It's very good. I find it's similar to GIT, but with less violet leaves and more fresh grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    It's very good. I find it's similar to GIT, but with less violet leaves and more fresh grass.
    I agree with this. I like it but it's too similar to GIT to make it bottle-worthy (in my over-stuffed 'drobe anyway).

This has always been one of my favorites from Creed. It has a bracing quality that comes from the mint and ginger and is one of my favorite springtime scents. I don't think it's all that similar to GIT (which I also like in the spring), but it's every bit as good as that one, if not better. I will really miss it when my bottle is gone.
    Does anyone know why Creed discontinued it (an IFRA-banned ingredient)?

I am glad I was able to pick up a bottle of this stuff before it got hard to find at a fair price. I prefer this to GIT and to me I get a cooling fresh green mint. Reminds me of something one would wear on a golf course for some reason. I don't wear it much but happy I have it as an option.

Awesome scent.

My first 3 creeds I loved were Original Vetiver, Selection Verye, and the super smooth Green Valley. Definitely a comfort scent of mine. I don't find it to be a copy of Fahrenheit, in anywhere near the same way Original Santal is influenced by Joop, or Himalaya by Paco's XS (not black XS).

Been wanting to get my hands on this but not willing to spring for the cost it commands on eBay.

Banned
    Blog Entries

from someone whose a huge fan of the creed house, i honestly have no desire to sample this. from what i read it's just a typical fresh fragrance, overshadowed by the houses more popular releases

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    from someone whose a huge fan of the creed house, i honestly have no desire to sample this. from what i read it's just a typical fresh fragrance, overshadowed by the houses more popular releases
    no no no no no No NO NO NO !!

If you're a fan of Creed, Green Valley, in sum of it's parts, is not typical or overshadowed. It contains some accords and notes found in many of the popular aforementioned millesimes, but it's definitely got it's own unique aura. It really does smell like a freshly cut fairway, flanked by lush flowering and fruiting plants, honeysuckle, and mossy deciduous trees.

An absolutely peaceful, comforting, and wonderful fragrance.

Yeah, as DULLAH said, "typical" it is not. Nor would I describe it as a "fresh" fragrance. It is unique to the point that I can't think of anything l've smelled that is quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Yeah, as DULLAH said, "typical" it is not. Nor would I describe it as a "fresh" fragrance. It is unique to the point that I can't think of anything l've smelled that is quite like it.
    The only way I could describe it is take GIT and mix is with Tabarome Millesime along with mint and you have Green Valley.
    Last edited by Jer350; 18th March 2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: edit

Creed Boutique is out of stock. Is it seriously discontinued?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Creed Boutique is out of stock. Is it seriously discontinued?
    Yes, it hasn't been made for a long time now. Even if you were lucky enough to find a bottle of it recently, the date on it was probably from 2005 or 2006.

I assume it's another one that's gone because of the oak moss.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 18th March 2013 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I think it's great and actually like it better than GIT and it's beautiful frag for Spring time. I detect elements from GIT and SMW in this one. I highly recommend this if you can find one or a sample to test.
    Agreed.

The only thing keeping you from being a total " fanboy" is Aventus. GIT is the most challenging scent you have. Green Valley is more basic and natural than GIT, and that is what separates the two and makes GV the better of the two in my opinion.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I still have about 1/3 of a bottle left. It's a nice progression/variation of the green theme found in the likes of Green Irish Tweed, Feuille Verte and to some extent, Selection Verte. Green Valley has a nice combination of black currant, vetiver, citrus and vanilla. It's what Green Irish Tweed would be like if it were dressed down as a sports flanker for the golf course.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    The only thing keeping you from being a total " fanboy" is Aventus. GIT is the most challenging scent you have. Green Valley is more basic and natural than GIT, and that is what separates the two and makes GV the better of the two in my opinion.
    I don't think the ingredients are any more natural smelling than GIT, but it's toned down and the notes are more subtle. In my opinion it's the female or unisex version of GIT. I think if they would have labeled it as feminine it might have done better because it sure didn't compete well against GIT.

Guess I'm in the minority -- I don't like it at all. To me it takes away the interesting parts of GIT (like the violet) and replaces them with some kind of synthetic soapy elements. If I want a greeny-fresh Creed, I wear Original Vetiver.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Where's jcrich?

This is one of his all time faves
    Last edited by JohnTheBeginner; 23rd April 2013 at 08:53 PM.

Basenotes Member

I bought a bottle of Green Valley from The London Perfume Company and I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed in a fragrance purchase (well, Code Ultimate I got as a pressie may be worse...). Can't sample this anywhere so had to buy blind and if my bottle was a good'un then I can't see what folk are talking about.

Basically Green Valley, to me, is an ultra smooth sweet ambergris blend with vanishingly small amounts of greenery way in the background. Take MI's dry down - that sweet yet airy amber/musk - and add an extremely small amount of smooth mint and that's it. Lasts less than MI and projects less than a couple of inches. In fact Green Valley almost smells like half a fragrance and someone forgot to put some of the juice in the bottle! There wasn't anything sharp, fresh, uplifting or anything like a valley, green or otherwise.

I love Creed scents and have had a few but Green valley, unless my bottle was a dodgy one, is something to be missed.

Russell

I have to think your bottle had gone bad for any number of reasons. This is often an issue with frags that have been out of production for years, like this one; sometimes poor storage conditions can cause them to deteriorate. You should ask your merchant for a replacement. Your description of GV doesn't come close to my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by russraff View Post
    I bought a bottle of Green Valley from The London Perfume Company and I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed in a fragrance purchase (well, Code Ultimate I got as a pressie may be worse...). Can't sample this anywhere so had to buy blind and if my bottle was a good'un then I can't see what folk are talking about.

Basically Green Valley, to me, is an ultra smooth sweet ambergris blend with vanishingly small amounts of greenery way in the background. Take MI's dry down - that sweet yet airy amber/musk - and add an extremely small amount of smooth mint and that's it. Lasts less than MI and projects less than a couple of inches. In fact Green Valley almost smells like half a fragrance and someone forgot to put some of the juice in the bottle! There wasn't anything sharp, fresh, uplifting or anything like a valley, green or otherwise.

I love Creed scents and have had a few but Green valley, unless my bottle was a dodgy one, is something to be missed.

Russell

Yep, that's pretty much my experience as well from a sample I purchased. To me, it's basically like GIT (a fragrance I love) but with an amped up violet note and less longevity. Overall, it seemed redundant when GIT is readily available and it just wasn't appealing to me. I can understand why Creed discontinued this fragrance.

I've had this for over a year and for some reason just never really wore it other than testing it. I put it on today and was really surprised. Women at work were going crazy over it. Take Fahrenheit and add a pinch of pine and the mint from "BY" D&G and you have Green Valley. As excited i was though, it only lasted 3 hours before retreating to the skin. Bummer as much as i love it, i may wind up trading it. I can't think of a more perfect scent for warm weather.

Creed Green Valley is basically better version of Fahrenheit..
    True. That's why it reminds me of the 80s, making it an outdated scent to me.

Discontinued for sure.

Basenotes Plus

Green Valley is my "go to" sunny spring day fragrance. it smells like a freshly cut meadow. The longevity is only a few hours, but those few hours are bright, and happy and fresh. I have three different bottles, and there are substantial differences from bottle to bottle. My least favorite came from Beauty Encounter. It was very watered down and lacked the freshness of the ones I purchased from the Creed Boutique.

To my nose, Green Valley smells nothing like vintage Fahrenheit. I have one on each hand: other than the violets, they are totally different. Fahrenheit is dark smelling and is perfect for nighttime wear. Green Valley is bright and effervescent: a perfect daytime scent.