Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD, Sunday 17th March 2013

I'm just back from a fabulous exhibit at the Yale Center for British Art, "Edwardian Opulence: British Art at the Dawn of the Twentieth Century" (http://britishart.yale.edu/exhibitio...ntieth-century)

The exhibit included the intricately embroidered gown of the Vicereine of India, an American woman who through her marriage became the second-most important woman in the British Empire at the time, plus a tiara, brooches, jewel-studded, painted silk and ostrich fans, Autochrome photographs (early color photography), and my personal favorite, a painting by Henry Herbert La Thangue called, The Water-Spash (see: http://www.wikigallery.org/wiki/pain...he-Watersplash)

As always, we stopped into the museum's gift shop, which sells Penhaligon's and I saw a bottle of Peoneve. There was no tester, but I asked and received a sample, which I am sniffing now on the back of my wrist. It's a fresh, green spring floral and I quite like it so far. This may go on my "to buy" list, but I need to test it longer including a full wearing. The good news is that at my request, the sales associate graciously gave me two additional samples so I could start a sample pass. I'll post a thread for that.

30 Roses, the exhibit sounds enchanting! I am intrigued by your description of Peoneve, as I adore fresh florals. Yet another sample to add to the list.

SOTD is Crabtree & Evelyn Lilac Toilet Water.

Hello again!

I'm in Frederic Malle's Une Rose for the evening.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

SotE - M by Puredistance (from a sample)

Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

It's been chilly here this weekend, so last night I warmed up in PG Intrigant Patchouli and then continued the theme today with Mazzolari Lei. I'll have to put both of these on my late summer "to buy" list. Since I will wear the heck out of both of them in the fall and winter.

So not ready for the work week to begin...

Now, there's a scent we agree on, ExtremeK! I adore Intrigant Patchouli and you shall be a lucky gal to own it. It's the only patch-dominant scent I love as much as Coromandel. I loved your post yesterday; can't tell you how many scents I own precisely because of the aspects that are negatives to other noses. Always trust your own nose; you have an excellent handle on your tastes! A very enviable trait.

31 Rue Cambon for the evening. Another hard working week awaits! Good night, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Elixir des Merveilles by Hermes.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Blog Entries

Wearing a sample of Thierry Mugler Alien les Parfums de Cuir, or Alien leather. It's my favourite out of all the leather editions. Jut waiting for the price on it to go down (it's $106CAD here in Canada but you can get it for $45CAD in the UK).