Code of Conduct

Thread: Recommendations

Default Recommendations

Hi, I've been sampling a little recently, and I've really gotten to like Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Diptyque Eau Rose. I'm looking to order some more samples, and was thinking of Annick Goutal Eau de Camille, Quel Amour!, CdG Kyoto and L'Artisan Fleur de Liane. Any thoughts and/or recommendations? Thanks!

Default Re: Recommendations

I would sample the entire diptyque range. That is how I discovered Ombre Dans L'Eau and Eau Lente. Try the Hermes classics such as Equipage. Try Annnick Goutal's Eau D'Hadrien EDP. The the classic guerlain masculine fragrances, such as vetiver, habit rouge and heritage. Try Givenchy Gentleman, try Dior Eau Sauvage. These are all good suggestions, I promise. Begin with the classics, that is my suggestion to you.

Maybe a more powerful basenoter could come in and suggest a longer list.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into eau de hadrien for sure, what about more feminine or unisex fragrances that can work well in humid and warm weather?

I would suggest:

Hermessence Rose Ikebana
    Florida Water by Murray & Lanman
    Annick Goutal Duel or Mimosa
    Keiko Mecheri's fragrances...she makes lovely scents with a gentle touch (and her website has a sampling program)

and, because it evokes summer for me, CB I Hate Perfume's At The Beach 1966 (wafts of ocean, sand and Coppertone)

If you live in the US, I would be glad to send you samples of the first 3 scents and some Keiko Mecheri Bois de Santal, if they sound appealing. Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 17th March 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Given the two frags you've mentioned, I agree that Goutal could be worth exploring, her style also tends to be clean and light. I like Eau de Camille - a green eau de cologne, though remember it's more like an eau de cologne, that is, very refreshing and great for hot weather, but it doesn't last long. Other Goutals to try would be Heure exquise (rich floral) and Songes, as well as her vetiver.

You could also explore other frags by Ellena, who did the jardins. His most famous are probably those in the Hermessences line, things like Osmanthe Yunnan (floral tea), Rose Ikebana, Iris Ukiyoe, and more.

cacio

Santal Massoia by Hermes

For the more feminine fragrance for the summer, try Un Jardin Sur le Nil. It is a green mango fragrance. Also, I beg you to try out L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by diptyque. It is a deliciously crispy blackcurrant and green rose fragrance, perfect for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    I would suggest:

Hermessence Rose Ikebana
    Florida Water by Murray & Lanman
    Annick Goutal Duel or Mimosa
    Keiko Mecheri's fragrances...she makes lovely scents with a gentle touch (and her website has a sampling program)

and, because it evokes summer for me, CB I Hate Perfume's At The Beach 1966 (wafts of ocean, sand and Coppertone)

If you live in the US, I would be glad to send you samples of the first 3 scents and some Keiko Mecheri Bois de Santal, if they sound appealing. Lisa
    Keiko Mecheri looks very interesting indeed! I'll probably try to get hold of some samples (I'm a fan of yuzu so maybe Hanae). Thank you for the kind offer, but I'm in singapore... Thanks for the recommendations!

Annick Goutal Rose Absolue

Annick Goutal had a true love for roses. Every moment of her life was filled with them : she added drops of rose essence to her bathwater and drank it in secret tea recipes...
    Rose Absolue is born from this love, she created it for her pleasure : "Roses symbolize beauty, the eternal feminine. I wanted to dedicate a perfume to them which would also evoke this femininity."
    A stroke of creative genius for this single-flower perfume that blend the rarest roses from East and West.

Olfactory family : Floral - Single flower rose (Essences of the 6 most distinguished roses: May rose, Turkish rose, Bulgarian rose, Damascus rose, Egyptian rose, Moroccan rose)

for swap/sale: