Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Question Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Has anyone heard of or tried this fragrance ?
    It is supposed to be one of their Paris Exclusive Collection.
    Does anyone know the notes ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,742

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    First I've heard of it. Like you. wait with anticipation for news.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    First I've heard of it. Like you. wait with anticipation for news.
    According to a reviewer on fragrantica, Kilian have taken over Jacques Bogart and Soul To Squeeze is Furyo rebottled ???
    Can't find any info on this fragrance though.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,742

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    According to a reviewer on fragrantica, Kilian have taken over Jacques Bogart and Soul To Squeeze is Furyo rebottled ???
    I'll take that info from Fragrantica with a grain of salt.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'll take that info from Fragrantica with a grain of salt.
    Thanks hednic. It's one of the reviewers of the fragrance Furyo, (user name tri3pod) Why would he say such a thing ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

  6. #6
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,742

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks hednic. It's one of the reviewers of the fragrance Furyo, (user name tri3pod) Why would he say such a thing ?
    Your guess is as good as mine. People do say the darnedest things though!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Uh... tri3pod prefaces that comment with: "Just my "Absurd" imagination".

    I think he was making a point that Furyo is good but underappreciated, such that if a niche brand like By Kilian buys over Bogart and repackages Furyo as 'Soul to Squeeze', it would become raved about.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,742

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Uh... tri3pod prefaces that comment with: "Just my "Absurd" imagination".

    I think he was making a point that Furyo is good but underappreciated, such that if a niche brand like By Kilian buys over Bogart and repackages Furyo as 'Soul to Squeeze', it would become raved about.
    Mystery solved!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Uh... tri3pod prefaces that comment with: "Just my "Absurd" imagination".

    I think he was making a point that Furyo is good but underappreciated, such that if a niche brand like By Kilian buys over Bogart and repackages Furyo as 'Soul to Squeeze', it would become raved about.
    Thanks for explaining,
    ......but what I weird thing to say. I interpreted it to mean that Kilian had indeed taken over Jacques Bogart and that Furyo had been reborn under a different name. I don't think anyone thinks Furyo is underrated. Furyo had achieved a cult status many years ago when I first joined basenotes. Everyone still talks about it and it can go very high on ebay.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

  10. #10

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    I think precisely otherwise. If Furyo is indeed so appreciated, even the repackaged version will be very big news. And Furyo hardly shows up in people's recommendations (despite being discontinued), unlike say, Yohji Homme, Theorema, Attrape-Coeur etc.

    And we need to read the review as a whole (it was posted Dec 2011, by the way):
    Just my "Absurd" imagination:

    Kilian bought the license of Jacques Bogart perfume, then repackaging Furyo with his extraordinary bottle - labelled it with beautiful name "SOUL TO SQUEEZE" and finally marketed it as "Paris Exclusive - Limited Edition"

    Now people will love Furyo or..... "SOUL TO SQUEEZE"


    P.S. I personally feel Soul to Squeeze is not all that beautiful a name, and does not fit the style of names of scents released so far. And in this age of Facebook and pervasive Internet presence, how is it possible we hear nothing about By Kilian's Paris exclusives?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    I think precisely otherwise. If Furyo is indeed so appreciated, even the repackaged version will be very big news. And Furyo hardly shows up in people's recommendations (despite being discontinued), unlike say, Yohji Homme, Theorema, Attrape-Coeur etc.

    And we need to read the review as a whole (it was posted Dec 2011, by the way):
    Just my "Absurd" imagination:

    Kilian bought the license of Jacques Bogart perfume, then repackaging Furyo with his extraordinary bottle - labelled it with beautiful name "SOUL TO SQUEEZE" and finally marketed it as "Paris Exclusive - Limited Edition"

    Now people will love Furyo or..... "SOUL TO SQUEEZE"


    P.S. I personally feel Soul to Squeeze is not all that beautiful a name, and does not fit the style of names of scents released so far. And in this age of Facebook and pervasive Internet presence, how is it possible we hear nothing about By Kilian's Paris exclusives?
    Thanks for your help Maque. I do see your point and I am certainly not wishing to argue with you. I do though, have different thoughts to you regarding Furyo. I think it is very highly rated and highly recommended by basenoters ~ especially when someone is looking for a fragrance with animal notes. Let us agree to disagree about Furyo "}|{"....(in friendly fashion !)
    With regard to the Paris exclusive line on Kilian, I looked on their website. when you click on exclusive line you get an image of 20 or so bottles arranged in a circle, but no info about individual fragrances and you can't even read the names of them. Seems like Kilian are deliberately not giving anything away about them, (in effect trying to make you visit the store).....this could well be the reason we hear nothing about the Paris exclusive line.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

  12. #12

    Default Re: Soul To Squeeze ~ Kilian ?

    No worries, david. After all, we are all here to discuss perfume, express our opinions, share our knowledge, and learn more about perfume. Disagreement is par for the course.

    I have no particularly strong feelings against Furyo or for Furyo. I am merely pointing out that Furyo is not quite the cult fragrance, because in the years I have been reading the Basenotes forum, Furyo does not get quite the same attention as many, many other fragrances (including discontinued ones). It may be that Jacques Bogart is an under-rate house thus other better-known houses are usually offered as recommendations.

    As for the By Kilian website, I have gone to take a look. I am assuming that by 'exclusives', you refer to Les Éditions Limitées. There is Le Set Découverte, a sampler set which comprises the ten fragrances of L'œuvre Noire (and the graphic is exactly two semi-circles of the same collection, but with the scents a little jumbled up): starting with the red one at the bottom, it is Love, then going clock-wise is Straight to Heaven, Beyond Love, Cruel Intentions, Love and Tears, Liaisons Dangereuses, A Taste of Heaven (green), Sweet Redemption, Back to Black, Prelude to Love (white one on top); and again Cruel Intentions, Love, Back to Black, Beyond Love, Straight to Heaven, Love and Tears, Liaisons Dangereuses, A Taste of Heaven, Sweet Redemption, and Prelude to Love.

    And what I meant by pervasive Internet presence also extends beyond the control of Houses. I am sure fragrance lovers would mention every now and then about so-called exclusives. By Kilian is a well-known, if somewhat controversial, line/house, and its fragrances do create buzz. At the moment, for example, many people are talking about By Kilian's new release, Flower of Immortality. Had such a well-known house release, even if very discreetly, some exclusives, we would hear something about them (and there are all these fragrance databases and encyclopedias).

    Incidentally, 'Soul to Squeeze' is the name of a song by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Maque; 18th March 2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: corrected typographical errors

Similar Threads

  1. Calling All By Kilian Fans (And Haters): A 100% By Kilian Thread
    By MFfan310 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 30th March 2013, 01:03 AM
  2. Ted Lapidus Black Soul vs imperial black soul
    By Parkxi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th February 2012, 11:47 PM
  3. Beachy and Squeeze from Lilly Pulitzer
    By Outlandish in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th August 2009, 10:10 PM
  4. Lily Pultizer's new fragrances: Beachy, Wink and Squeeze edp's
    By Makeup Maniac in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th February 2009, 02:44 PM
  5. Squeeze my lemon
    By sabatar in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th January 2005, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000