Code of Conduct

Default Memoir Man... Yes.

Just received a sample of Memoir Man. Wow. This is a beautiful, subtle scent. A sharp wormwood/eucalyptus opening (to me the smell is freshly crushed, just-picked eucalyptus leaves), then a walk down a cool tunnel of greenery. Mint and sage, a hint of fig, with the frankincense holding it together. Now there's a note of vanilla and tobacco with a spike of lemon verbena. Some smoke... I can't wait to see what happens next.

My only concern is that it stays very close to the skin. Admittedly I didn't spray it, but is sillage supposed to be good?

I'm going to have to try Jubilation XXV and Epic.

Default Re: Memoir Man... Yes.

Good frag that gets better on the skin as time goes by.

I seriously love this fragrance. I got a 100mL bottle a few months back from MiN and have not regretted a single wearing of it. I agree with Jack that it gets better with time, but I am personally a huge fan of the wormwood opening. As for projection, it seems good, but the longevity is really where it shines when it comes to performance.

Yes, the wormwood is lovely - it really is that bitter astringency that you get from artemisia plants, minus the 'wet dog' smell that some artemisias have.

Default Wormwood

What does wormwood smell like? I've never smelled it before.

This is my favorite Amouage scent. I prefer it over XXV.

I wanted to like this but i wore this to work a few days and the women at work begged me to never wear it again. They said i smelled like a walking ash tray... Really ruined it for me. This was from 6 different women of all ages. Peformance on this is awesome!

Default Re: Wormwood

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    What does wormwood smell like? I've never smelled it before.
    It grows as a weed in the UK: tall, bushy silver-grey plant with frondy leaves and yellowish flowers. It smells very pungent: bitter, a bit minty, extremely medicinal; and it can have a sort of wet dog smell in the same way that chrysanthemum leaves sometimes do. I didn't get the wormwood at first in Memoir because the opening is so volatile and mentholated in a pure eucalyptus way. But as soon as the volatile blast diffuses, there it is.
    Last edited by OdilonRedon; 18th March 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Omg I didn't like this at all!

Horrible stuff ..

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Horrible stuff ..
    Agree.

I really like this one. My 3rd favorite from Amouage.

I love Memoir Man, even as I'm not sure yet whether I want a full bottle. The opening is rich, green, and delicious. It manages to be both fresh and thick at the same time to me. The heart introduces a high-quality frankincense that feels both luxurious and brooding, which I suppose is what this fragrance is all about. Then comes the finish, which is probably the most challenging stage, as Memoir becomes ashy, in a prickly, smoldering way. Like the green absinthe of the opening has been thrown into the ashes of the spent frankincense. It's melancholic, but not dark necessarily. Certainly dry. I wish there were more of the opening at this point, but the trip to get there is wonderful.

Edit: I get great longevity from Memoir Man, and as for projection, it's one of only a few fragrances that coworkers have commented on (positively, in this case, but mostly from just noticing it). I don't think it's a monster, but it's not shy, either.

Its certainly an acquired taste.

for swap/sale:

I think it smells very good.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

i like MM, one of my fav from Amouage
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Memoir man is terrific juice. One of my favorites from Amouage also.

I would rather wear Reflection Man to Memoir Man
    I hate Reflection Man though

A truly amazing fragrance that took me by surprise as to how good it is. Perhaps it is just an aquired taste. But I have always appreciated fragrances like Gucci pour Homme and Salvador Dali pour Homme and find this one to be in the same league.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Great fragrance IMO and my favorite Amouage. It was a bit of an acquired taste though as others have mentioned.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman