Code of Conduct

Default In the same vein as Bvlgari Pour Homme...

Would love the board's thoughts on fragrances in the same vein as Bvlgari Pour Homme. It's far and away my favorite frag. I like my scents understated - I wear them for myself, so silage isn't a big concern. I also live somewhere with really hot summers that last and last - again, BpH has been perfect for this. I do enjoy the bit of pepper in the frag, as well as its dewy muguet opening and smooth, musky base.

But, as I've searched for other variations on the theme, I've been having trouble finding any. I enjoy the much cleaner, almost screechier, Mugler Cologne. I thought about perhaps Eau de Cartier. But BpH just seems hard to find many comparisons to. (It's been much easier, for example, to find a great variety of interpretations of my other favorite note - vetiver. Tons of frags with that focus. Thank you Encre Noire, Sycomore, Vettiveru, etc.)

Anyway, would appreciate anyone's take. Thanks!

Default Re: In the same vein as Bvlgari Pour Homme...

Prince Giancarlo by J.A.

What about the flanker PH Soir?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Prince Giancarlo by J.A.
    Hednic, would you mind describing Prince Giancarlo at all? What are the main similarities to BpH?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    What about the flanker PH Soir?
    You know, I actually much prefer the extreme version than Soir. The latter just felt a bit generic to me.

I tested Bulgari Man not so long ago and thought it had something in common with PH.
    I should probably mention I didn't really like it though, and I'm a fan of PH.

I forgot about Atelier Cologne's Oolang Infini. Quite similar to Bvl PH, but more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I tested Bulgari Man not so long ago and thought it had something in common with PH.
    I should probably mention I didn't really like it though, and I'm a fan of PH.
    When I first started paying attention to fragrances, I remember testing Bvlgari Man and being mildly intrigued. I soon found BpH, though, and forgot about it. Like you said, I don't think it's near as good BpH, but there are definitely a few echoes of BpH in Man.

I forgot about Atelier Cologne's Oolang Infini. Quite similar to Bvl PH, but more natural.
    Intriguing! Wish Atelier stuff wasn't so darn expensive. I've been sampling Vetiver Fatal over the last week or two. Nice, creamy kind of vetiver, but at the price I don't find it worth buying.

Remember that Atelier colognes come in huge 200ml bottles, and when you consider the cost per ml they're really quite cheap. I think Oolang is $165, so that's roughly 80 cents per ml. They also show up on ebay every now and then.

i find chanel platnium egoiste to have the same mossy note to it,definitley think the 2 are similar
    Check out my Narciso Rodriguez for Him youtube review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SImDN1VjOU

Banned
    Blog Entries

great question. nothing comes to mind actually
    Last edited by Tony T; 19th March 2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: misspelled word

(You know, I was about to say Vettiveru, but then you mentioned it at the end!)

I have and love Bulgari pH and to me there's a similarity with L'eau d'Issey. They're not the same -- L'Eau d'Issey feels like a fine pale blue light, while the Bulgari feels grey-silver and blue -- but the effect is similar. (Sorry to get all visual there.) Worth a try I think. Good luck.

I was going to recommend this. Not sure which I'd prefer between the two.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Edit: Delete - thought you said Bvlgari aqua
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    (You know, I was about to say Vettiveru, but then you mentioned it at the end!)

I have and love Bulgari pH and to me there's a similarity with L'eau d'Issey. They're not the same -- L'Eau d'Issey feels like a fine pale blue light, while the Bulgari feels grey-silver and blue -- but the effect is similar. (Sorry to get all visual there.) Worth a try I think. Good luck.
    Man, L'Eau d'Issey is one of those fragrances I KNOW I've tried but can't remember for the life of now. Gonna have to remember to give it a sniff the next time I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I was going to recommend this. Not sure which I'd prefer between the two.
    Yup, Oolang is definitely on my "to sample" list now. Thanks, everyone, for giving a shot at this request. Clearly, BpH, though not biggest or strangest or most daring fragrance, is still pretty darn one of a kind. The search continues!

I've been wearing it for 8 years already I think, I too find Bvlgari PH quite unique in composition, not so the individual notes obviously.
    If you are looking for a companion, I think you need to give away something from it, it may be the freshness, class, the tea or other aspect.

I would suggest to try Ellena's use of teas and citruses, Gucci PH II, Bois du Portugal, Silver Mountain Water, Tabarome (and other Creed's too), Osmanthus Interdite, and Iskander.

Oolang Infini is too weak to me (all Atelier's and so are the Creed's), even comparing it to the Bvlgari, but it's definitely similar.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Hmm.. I agree with Soir being most like it. I find Extreme to be similar too but with more citrus. I am not a fan of Bvlgari pH really, but I love the flanker to it "Extreme". That said.. I find Voyage d'Hermes to be a little similar to Extreme, but not so much to the original.

Now thinking about it some more, I also find it to be similar to Azzaro Chrome, and Jacomo Aura.

- - - Updated - - -

How could I forget Jovan Ginseng NRG. Very underrated gem here. Some info below.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jovan/Ginseng-NRG-7530.html
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)