Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bleu de Chanel...what a suprise for me!!

So I took the plunge on a 1.7oz of Bleu. I was scared bcuz of all the generic, synthetic rhetoric it gets. Honestly the first two or three times I wore it it was ok. I did not BEASTLY LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE on my skin. So I kept trying and finally I get it. It has a nice musky accord that is masculine yet still fresh and citrusy. True it may be somewhat generic synthetic aquatic...but its good and ita quality. I have come to really appreciate it and there is much more going on that what I iniatially thought. This well def get a lot of play in my rotation as a daily driver and even a date scent.

One another note I think one can develop nose fatigue with this as my girlfriend and daughter both said I was projecting hard with this bad boy. Maybe it happens when my body heat rises..nonetheless im impressed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel...what a suprise for me!!

Bleu is a good one. Enjoy bro.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with you and so would some other Basenotes members that you have to grow to like it. I didn't like it at first either.

I agree, first time I tried it last year i didnt think much of it. Thought it was just ok. Got a sample a few months ago and gave it a good full day wearing. Fell in love with it and is now one of my favorites.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Ye its a bit generic but the ladies love it!

Not the greatest but very versatile and I enjoy it.

I also enjoy it and glad I own it.

Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    I agree, first time I tried it last year i didnt think much of it. Thought it was just ok. Got a sample a few months ago and gave it a good full day wearing. Fell in love with it and is now one of my favorites.
    This is exactly what happened to me. 1st try - meh. 2nd try about 6 months later - loved it - bought a bottle instantly. Great fragrance.

Bleu is not bad at all, and something you can wear just about any place and be fine. I get pretty good longevity with it.
    Got it from my older daughter for Xmas.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Above average and very versatile. Makes a great signature scent.

Love at first smell for me. I wear it all the time, as it's one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Ye its a bit generic but the ladies love it!
    Yes, this one does.... a very nice elegant scent on a man.

I've read so many posts on this being uninspired, unoriginal, generic, "smelling like laundry detergent" etc. The only person who can decide whether or not to like something is you. I tested it, liked it, bought it, and haven't regretted it. If it ends up running out sometime in the future I don't think I'll rebuy it, but nonetheless still a great, quality fragrance. Extremely versatile

Yeah yet another great perfume that the basenotes snobs blasted into oblivion, but the stuff smells great. The generic description to me is I'm sorry simply not true, how frequent is it to see a designer incense-grapefruit fragrance? Anyone? Once more? It smells unique, I've smelled and smelled and smelled many fragrances, nothing smells like Bleu. Maybe there's some niche house out there with something, but in terms of designer scents, this stuff is gold.

p.s. maybe it's the incensy nature of it, but no other "fresh" scent (except maybe Aventus) lasts as long as this on me.

Is it because those ingredients which were the hallmark of the wonderful scents from the '70s and '80s are now disallowed, but that Blue has been formulated within the limitations of the new restrictions, hence the longevity and consistency? It would be nice to find something modern which wasn't of low quality. The only Modern fragrance I own is BB, which is just too sweet.

Bleu is firing on all cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Bleu is firing on all cylinders
    Its not bad and its not good either....lol.

Basenotes Plus

I don't question anyone's taste here, as I have respect for my fellow Basenoters - but, personally, I feel Bleu de Chanel is a sellout to the mainstream by a house that has created so many great classics. To some, it is offensive in how inoffensive it is...LOL!

It is the rock 'n roll equivalent of Van Halen's, "You Really Got Me" - all that talent to cover a boring and redundant song that is nearly trance music, but at least they made it their own.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

My review from 2011:

I gave this one last try and I agree with Michael over at his fromtoptobottom - perfumepatter blog, in that I view this fragrance as "a formula that includes generic, slightly synthetic citrus, sweet cola-ish musk and that iso e super, slightly buzzy cedar accord." It's got too much iso e super for me, so right there is a "deal breaker." If you want something beyond "safe," this is for you. You can smell like generic "man" in a "modern" nation. Beyond the iso e super, this "blobs" up for me, and generates a unpleasant sensation. It doesn't smell good to me, just "synthetic." And if you think I just like vintage or niche, let me point out that I like Joop! Jump Summer Temptation. If you want a recent "men's" fragrance, that is at least somewhat interesting and without any major issues, I suggest trying that one. If I did like BdC, I'd just buy some iso e super and a couple of other accords from the perfumer's apprentice and make something like this for myself, probably for less than $20 per 100 ml. Plenty of household products smell quite nice, but they are not "perfumes." Chanel seems to understand this and cranks out fragrances like BdC for the "oh that smells nice" people of the world, of which there are a huge number (hence great profit potential), obviously.

If chaneldecided to discontinue bleu today... people will be loving this fragrance more...dont know what you have til its gone....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Basenotes Member

Bleu is one of my favourite fragrances, very versatile, very safe and guaranteed compliments.

Going to work, sitting at home, doing activities, on a date, at a party, it's great for all occasions and seasons.

bleu now becomes Le Male and Terre d'Hermes. I smell it everywhere.

I think Bleu gets a bum rap here on BN, so good for you that you got something you dig.

How does Bleu fare in the wintertime?

Quote Originally Posted by dinonuggets View Post
    Do you mean can you use it during the winter or how the longevity is compared to other seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Yeah yet another great perfume that the basenotes snobs blasted into oblivion, but the stuff smells great. The generic description to me is I'm sorry simply not true, how frequent is it to see a designer incense-grapefruit fragrance? Anyone? Once more? It smells unique, I've smelled and smelled and smelled many fragrances, nothing smells like Bleu. Maybe there's some niche house out there with something, but in terms of designer scents, this stuff is gold.

p.s. maybe it's the incensy nature of it, but no other "fresh" scent (except maybe Aventus) lasts as long as this on me.
    Yes, we do and for good reasons , but if it works on you, thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Do you mean can you use it during the winter or how the longevity is compared to other seasons?
    The latter.

Sometimes I'll spray something like BdC on the back of a jacket so that the masses can have what they want, while I spray something I prefer on the chest.

poor performance, IMO! in the cold, i meant!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

The latter.
    I haven't had it long enough to comment on any season aside from winter, but in the winter I'd say I get at least 5-6 hours longevity with Bleu.

Basenotes Plus

Cold, hot, warm, cool, dry, rain, snow and sunshine...the marketing tagline should read, "To smell like you want to fit in".

Personally, upon trying it from a sample - and I used the whole amount over a couple of hours to really 'get it'. I realized that my first impression was my last. Very safe, very average and not meant for anyone with a truly discerning palate. Sorry - not to offend or sound crass. I could never wear this as the message it sends is that you have no personal taste - you simply want to please everyone else's taste. Scent is personal to me...it reflects on my mood, message and I wear in accordance to my attire and the occasion. Wearing Bleu would leave me feeling like a high school kid who was not with the cool kids and so wanted to fit in.

That is not me...and, never was.

Taste is acquired. Bleu is simply purchased.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Last edited by ericrico; 19th March 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Its been about 35 degrees in NYC the last few days. I get about 5 hours average.But most of those hours are sitting in a warm office so im not actually out in the cold for that long.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Very safe, very average and not meant for anyone with a truly discerning palate. Sorry - not to sound crass.
    Well you did.

I bought it in December, live in Georgia but it was definitely cold, no snow though. Stuff still lasted a work day easily. Blown away tbh.

Cold, hot, warm, cool, dry, rain, snow and sunshine...the marketing tagline should read, "To smell like you want to fit in".

Personally, upon trying it from a sample - and I used the whole amount over a couple of hours to really 'get it'. I realized that my first impression was my last. Very safe, very average and not meant for anyone with a truly discerning palate. Sorry - not to offend or sound crass. I could never wear this as the message it sends is that you have no personal taste - you simply want to please everyone else's taste. Scent is personal to me...it reflects on my mood, message and I wear in accordance to my attire and the occasion. Wearing Bleu would leave me feeling like a high school kid who was not with the cool kids and so wanted to fit in.

That is not me...and, never was.

Taste is acquired. Bleu is simply purchased.

Cheers,

ericrico
    What a horribly pretentious, elitist attitude.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    What a horribly pretentious, elitist attitude.
    Agreed.

I find Bleu to be very well crafted. A bottle might find itself in my collection in the future.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

Bleu is nice. I've read somewhere that it has bad longevity or weak projection, and I believe it comes from the preconceived notion that fresh scent means "weak". Bleu - on me, lasts and lasts, and projects quite noticeably. Thumbs-up and a wink for Bleu de Chanel.

Basenotes Plus

Gentlemen, please.

I didn't mean to sound "pretentious or elitist". Sincerely, I truly wanted to like Bleu based upon the house, scent pyramid and nose of Jacques Polge. I had several friends buy and highly recommend it to me! I got the sample and was very excited - I remember the day and the moment I first sprayed and smelled it. I felt...totally let down. Maybe my posting here is a flippant response due to the way I tried to coax more from the sample, but just couldn't believe how disappointed I was.

I humbly apologize if I said anything out of line...however, my nose that day led me to follow the marketing perspective and approach that Chanel took on putting this fragrance out there to the masses. The scent and notes were long gone when I came to this conclusion. I feel that we are all entitled to our own opinion and, again, did not mean to offend any fellow Basenoters.

Sincerely,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Agreed.

I don't think ericrico meant any disrespect...as far as i've seen, he's been a true gentleman around these parts.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I don't think ericrico meant any disrespect...as far as i've seen, he's been a true gentleman around these parts.
    Unfortunately, it's all too often personal when subjective likes and dislikes are discussed.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you, knightowl -

I am gracious. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. I was simply trying to put into words what the Chanel offering said to me - after I thought deeply about what BdC's "message" was. It was totally inoffensive and very safe. I don't think it was even necessarily bad - just so very average. It left me contemplating, thinking and trying to get into the minds of the leadership team at one of the most important designer houses of scent that has ever existed. I asked the philosophical core question - why? All things that exist have a purpose. Why does Bleu de Chanel exist? It was (and is) not disrespect that I have for those who like this scent.

In actuality, I have nothing but admiration for contributors on this board - including many who like this fragrance. Perhaps the words written were overly harsh...so I, again sincerely apologize if anyone felt I slighted their taste based upon their opinion of a single bottle of fragrance.

I think our common passion is far deeper than disagreement over a single scent...cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post

I eat white bread. BdC is the white bread of scents, IMO. It has its place, socially (if the price doesn't bother you). You may actually enjoy the smell of it, even over the course of hours. You might land a great job because you wore it to an interview. You will likely impress more people by wearing it than if you wore Patou Pour Homme, Derby, Macassar, etc. However, if you are talking to people who have sampled hundreds of scents, including niche and vintage, my guess is that most of those people will tell you that BdC is of little interest. And keep in mind that I will wear (and enjoy) scents like Burberry's Sport Ice for Men. Even compared to that one, BdC is white bread (and a bit of a "chemical mess" to me). I guess I'm lucky that food is not the same as fragrance! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Bleu is nice. I've read somewhere that it has bad longevity or weak projection, and I believe it comes from the preconceived notion that fresh scent means "weak". Bleu - on me, lasts and lasts, and projects quite noticeably. Thumbs-up and a wink for Bleu de Chanel.

Great lasting power for sure, triple that of Allure Sport on my skin (this one is like 4 hours at best, literary a sport fragrance)

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Liked Bleu at first sniff and love it now. I have sampled hundreds of frags and own lots of them, but BdC still has its proud place in the wardrobe. Fortunately for me, a scent is either good or not good, regardless of its name or provenance. BdC must be a disappointment for some for all sorts of reasons, but on its own merrits it is quality juice.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Liked Bleu at first sniff and love it now. I have sampled hundreds of frags and own lots of them, but BdC still has its proud place in the wardrobe. Fortunately for me, a scent is either good or not good, regardless of its name or provenance. BdC must be a disappointment for some for all sorts of reasons, but on its own merrits it is quality juice.
    Very well said. That's exactly how I feel about it too!

...BdC must be a disappointment for some for all sorts of reasons, but on its own merrits it is quality juice...
    I think the major reason why I dislike it is that it does not come across as "quality juice," but rather at least a bit "chemical/synthetic," and I quoted the blog post because this idea was put forth by others before I ever sampled it. I have many "super cheapos" in my rotation now that I perceive as "higher quality" than BdC, though I'll be the first to admit that some niche companies really lay on the naturals and that can also create problems (usually lack of balance). Clearly, many BNers love scents that can come across as "chemical/synthetic," with TdH and Encre Noire perhaps being the most obvious examples, so there seems to be a major divide among members in terms of where they stand here. However, if you want to make a claim about "quality," some evidence is required. Was more than 2 or 3 dollars spent on the liquid in your BdC bottle? If you don't know for sure how can you say it is "quality?" At the very most, IMO, you should say that you think the composition is masterful, unless you can demonstrate superior ingredients (and not just more iso e super than normal, or something like that, because for many of us that is a sign of "low quality," not high!).

Gentlemen, please.

I didn't mean to sound "pretentious or elitist". Sincerely, I truly wanted to like Bleu based upon the house, scent pyramid and nose of Jacques Polge. I had several friends buy and highly recommend it to me! I got the sample and was very excited - I remember the day and the moment I first sprayed and smelled it. I felt...totally let down. Maybe my posting here is a flippant response due to the way I tried to coax more from the sample, but just couldn't believe how disappointed I was.

I humbly apologize if I said anything out of line...however, my nose that day led me to follow the marketing perspective and approach that Chanel took on putting this fragrance out there to the masses. The scent and notes were long gone when I came to this conclusion. I feel that we are all entitled to our own opinion and, again, did not mean to offend any fellow Basenoters.

Sincerely,

ericrico
    You don't need to apologize, because you said nothing wrong!

I enjoy a few obscure scents here and there and like to think I am being 'original' to a point, although far fro being like many on this board who have scents from all corners of the globe and far reaching styles..

I dont own Acqua de Gio or any CK's or Bleu or the Aventus' , A&F, or really any of the more popular and sold fragrances, but still, I think the popular ones (including Bleu) have one thing in common. They smell good.

We've all heard our share of "you smell like" or "what is that smell" and I"ve worn my share trying to be 'personal' but maybe once I would get a comment like "smells like skunk" or 'smells like marijuana' or "you smell musty" or "smells like an old man" (not from the man on the street, but people i know trying to be helpful).. (okay one man on a crowded bus in hot humid honolulu here said it smells like MJ here)

Honestly, IMO, there is only two reactions of the person smelling you or in your path. 1. You stink. or 2. You smell good. Is there really anything else?

Wear Bleu, as common as one may think it is, but guarantee you will be in the "you smell good" camp. It does smell good. I don't have it and probably never will, but it's not a scent I'd kick out of bed.

I do love a good fight, I don't mind Bleu de Chanel; is it groundbreaking? No; pleasant smelling? Yes. As for ingredient quality, I think Chanel was going for margin on this one, they needed a popular seller. Remember this was launched after the Great Recession and Chanel is first and foremost a BUSINESS so they're not going to put out a Black Afgano or Secretions Magnifique to give the fragheads a charge and end up endangering their business. They needed to sell and so they went for the Chanel version of Curve, something with universal appeal that's synthetic as hell.

Btw folks, this isn't the first time Chanel done this, when Egoiste flopped in the US because sweet masculines weren't yet broadly accepted, they decided to create a Cool Water clone with geranium and call it Platinum Egoiste. They're not a niche brand guys, Chanel is going after a mass market.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    ... If you don't know for sure how can you say it is "quality?" At the very most, IMO, you should say that you think the composition is masterful, unless you can demonstrate superior ingredients (and not just more iso e super than normal, or something like that, because for many of us that is a sign of "low quality," not high!).
    Hmmmm... i stand lectured. However, because i am neither a reviewer nor blogger, but only buy and use frags as part of my lifestyle, perhaps i do not measure fragrance quality using published emperical or financial indices, but base my opinion on how the juice "feels" when i wear/smell it. I love Brut a lot but will not say it is quality juice.

Be that as it may, i still believe BdC is quality and, yes, masterful. Bottom line: I think it is great and i love wearing it.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Hmmmm... i stand lectured. However, because i am neither a reviewer nor blogger, but only buy and use frags as part of my lifestyle, perhaps i do not measure fragrance quality using published emperical or financial indices, but base my opinion on how the juice "feels" when i wear/smell it. I love Brut a lot but will not say it is quality juice.

Be that as it may, i still believe BdC is quality and, yes, masterful. Bottom line: I think it is great and i love wearing it.
    As I've mentioned before, I was fortunate to meet a woman who worked in the fragrance industry back in the 80s (she sold me a rare test edition bottle of KL Homme), and this is one of the things she told me: “I worked in the fragrance department at Arden. I always loved this perfume [KL Homme]. This oil was very expensive for the company to buy. It was nearly $100/lb. Most of the fine fragrances today are very cheap, without the expensive natural raw materials, around $10/lb.”

For a couple years or so I couldn't tell the difference in ingredient quality at all. Rochas Lui seemed very similar to Dunhill Desire Man, for example. Now the ingredient quality is glaringly obvious to me, and the "synthetic/chemical" aspects of Desire are just too much. On the other hand, I have an old bottle of Claiborne Sport for Men, and while there is a synthetic "woody/amber" accord in the base, it seems like it's not enough to ruin it for me. From other posts on BN, it seems like many of us are quite sensitive to iso e super, calone, and perhaps other synthetics (hedione, by contrast, doesn't seem to bother me enough to destroy the experience, at least so far), while others are blissfully unaware of them. Because of this, it is quite difficult to assess these new scents in any kind of "objective" way, unlike many of the ones from the 80s or earlier. The thing that I do think is going on here, though, is that some people want to "fall in love with a Chanel" (or Creed, or Guerlain, etc.), so they lower their standards. Something on ebay that is being closed out and selling for $5, by contrast, would be ripped to shreds, regardless of how much better than BdC it was (at least in terms of quality ingredients). I noticed this in the cinematic world when the dreadful "Eyes Wide Shut" was released and only a few reviewers pointed out how it failed on so many levels. Apparently, most of them wanted to fall in love with "the last Kubrick."
    Last edited by Bigsly; 22nd March 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Basenotes Plus

MarquisdeSod -

Not a fight - just sharing perspective and thoughts and you bring some relevant and pertinent information that I actually considered in the, "Why?", Bleu de Chanel was released and when it was. Timing is everything in life...

Interesting points put forth. And, as I've said many times - BdC doesn't smell offensive at all...and is a very safe fragrance.

Bigsly has some thoughtful (as always) contributions here about ingredient quality and cost-cutting in making modern, synthetic fragrances. Well-written.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    I do love a good fight, I don't mind Bleu de Chanel; is it groundbreaking? No; pleasant smelling? Yes. As for ingredient quality, I think Chanel was going for margin on this one, they needed a popular seller. Remember this was launched after the Great Recession and Chanel is first and foremost a BUSINESS so they're not going to put out a Black Afgano or Secretions Magnifique to give the fragheads a charge and end up endangering their business. They needed to sell and so they went for the Chanel version of Curve, something with universal appeal that's synthetic as hell.

Btw folks, this isn't the first time Chanel done this, when Egoiste flopped in the US because sweet masculines weren't yet broadly accepted, they decided to create a Cool Water clone with geranium and call it Platinum Egoiste. They're not a niche brand guys, Chanel is going after a mass market.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post

Well put and reasoned out! Agree totally with this perspective. Bleu is good, maybe even a great fragrance for the the market for which it is intended. Most of us live in a world of shopping malls, freeways, web sites and office chairs and we need a good all purpose consumer friendly scent to blend in agreeably to our environment. I agree Bleu smells very nice and it has provided valuable service and delight for many consumers who inhabit the mass/designer market and its surrounds. That is why it has sold so well - it has been of service to the market. Also fulfilling the same demand for pleasant, sanitized fresh cleanliness; good alternatives are Versace Pour Homme and Bulgari Man - excellent products.

I still pursue the more creatively rewarding world populated by niche fragrances. When Chanel came out with Bleu they were confirming that they really, really are no longer a niche fragrance brand, especially for their mainstream products. Probably never were. But what about their Exclusifs?

Basenotes Plus

Hi Buzzlepuff -

Your words echo my thoughts very closely...it is not putting down the fragrance. You filled gaps in my perspective & sentiments very articulately, as did MarquisdeSod. I was just a bit too crass for some fellow Basenoters.

And, for the record, I have a lot of respect for Vintage Chanel bottles. Times have changed and the designer houses have evolved - they have to in order to survive. As for their Exclusifs, Sycomore is one that I definitely find an affinity for...

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Well put and reasoned out! Agree totally with this perspective. Bleu is good, maybe even a great fragrance for the the market for which it is intended. Most of us live in a world of shopping malls, freeways, web sites and office chairs and we need a good all purpose consumer friendly scent to blend in agreeably to our environment. I agree Bleu smells very nice and it has provided valuable service and delight for many consumers who inhabit the mass/designer market and its surrounds. That is why it has sold so well - it has been of service to the market. Also fulfilling the same demand for pleasant, sanitized fresh cleanliness; good alternatives are Versace Pour Homme and Bulgari Man - excellent products.

I still pursue the more creatively rewarding world populated by niche fragrances. When Chanel came out with Bleu they were confirming that they really, really are no longer a niche fragrance brand, especially for their mainstream products. Probably never were. But what about their Exclusifs?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Tried Bleu and Man on the same day. Picked Man as ultra safe option. Bleu was ok but smelled somewhat familar as far as I remember it.

A modern classic, in my opinion, quite enjoyable to wear.

It has grown on me -a lot! It's on my wish list. But guys, what do you think of the dry down?

So, what would be a higher quality juice, but close to the same scent compared to bleu?

I bought a fake bottle in the phillipines for about £3 which i use for the gym. Pretty much associated it with that mentally for a time. When going to Malta recently, I got a great price in duty free on a 150ml bottle so took it up to use at work. Initially i kept associating it with the fake - not long lasting or smelling strongly, but with use i grew to like it.

I can't really afford to be wearing tom ford private blends at the office all day, and nor would i really want to, so it fits in great for me as a nice smelling, inoffensive fragrance, and notice it does last all day after all.