Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Wednesday, 20th March 2013

Can't believe I'm the first to arrive... what's going on, people? SOTD is Guerlain Shanghai. lady_from_shanghai.jpg
    Do happy

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday, 20th March 2013

Hello everyone, Eau de Shalimar for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Morning Everyone,

Love Rita Hayworth, LadyM.
    No. 5 (80s EdP) today.
    Have a great hump-day all, and sale no mobarak / happy new year to those of a persian persuasion.

Racer by Pacoma Parfums

Blog Entries

Morning all!

1000 Kisses Deep by Gorilla Perfumes for me today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning everyone.

I'm having a late lunch and drinks with a old friend. He has been working abroad so I'm really looking forward to seeing him. He is an old hippy at heart so I have chosen Etro Patchouli for the occasion.

Have a good day all.

Today I'm trying out one of the ones that has arrived this morning, so I'm on Salvatore Ferregamo- Incanto.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning! (But I'm crawling back into bed, having just driven my daughter to school. Too many late nights.)

SotD must wait for now.

I'll be taking my Redbox copy of Argo over to Mom's later this morning so she and the caregiver can watch it before I return it.

Bonjour!

Morning possums!

I'm in Flowerbomb this fine am.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Joining our first two participants in Guerlain today - L'Instant.

G, I always loved RH too

queen of the universe

Spring! Nevermind the dismal weather, Weil de Weil it is! Green dirt like they don't make anymore.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hello everyone!

No surprises here - I'm in 1932 this morning. ♥

Hi there ladymurasaki, and welcome back! It's nice to see you again.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Bond No.9
    Riverside Drive
    From a sample

Hello all. Andrea Maack Craft.
    DONNA

Good morning, good smelling persons. It's rainy here but the nice kind. Reglisse Noire by the lovely and talented 1000 Flowers.

Good morning everyone! Love the picture LadyM

Lucasi, I was so so sorry to read your news on the loss of your pet. That's the worst. The only thing that comforted me last fall was when a friend reminded me that if heaven is perfection, then surely our pets will be there. How could it be perfect without them? So just like whenever I took my Max to the park, he'd run on ahead to scout the trail, then turn back to watch me catch up... that's how I think of it. He's just up ahead scouting, and waiting for me to catch up with him. Lots of love to you and your family as you grieve.

I'm wearing my tiny decant of Ormonde Jayne Woman today. It's odd trying to figure this one out because it keeps disappearing on me. I smell it very strongly for a whiff or two and then it's gone. I wonder if I'm anosmatic to a particular note. Hey, here it is back again. I expected it to be this big powerhouse, so I only used two sprays. Instead it's like this elusive green thing. Definitely going to take a few wears.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning and Happy 1st day of Spring!!

It surely doesn't look like spring outside. There's several feet of snow and it's 7 below zero, but
    the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day, so that's what is really important, spring temps will
    get here eventually. Wearing Diorissimo today, so I can at least pretend winter is over.

Have a great day!

Happy hoppy spring to all! Vernal Equinox today, from today on -- it is all about daylight, sun and high temperatures?

Hermes 24 Faubourg Delicate.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Baldessarini this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Guet-Apens for this first day of spring!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday, 20th March 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Institution

The rain finally stopped and the sun is out - bright & strong. I think for lunch I'm going to go to my gym and get some sun out on the pool deck. I need some Vitamin D.

I woke up with a craving for something delicate and spring-ish, so it was easy to reach for the last of my decant of:

Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan by Hermes (thanks Larimar, for the decant)

This stuff is ghostly, it comes and then shapeshifts away only to come back again at the oddest moments. I love that about JCE scents. I'm not sure I would really use a full bottle of this but I got a lot of enjoyment out of this decant. Now I have the others in the line to keep me company (Vetiver Tonka, Brin de Reglisse and Paprika Brasil).
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

That' rich, MikePerez23. Some of us are still in our microfleece long undies and arctic socks. (Do you even know what CuddleDuds and Thorlos are?)

Jujy's in her green dirt, and I'm in my black dirt. Dark, wet humus with mushrooms sprouting all over the place, and hints of tobacco and 100% unsweetened cacao.

Farmacia SS. Annunziata's Patchouly Indonesiano

More thanks to Cacio for introducing me to a great fragrance.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm heading over to Mom's with the Argo DVD. We had to cancel her P.T. appointment today as she had a nosebleed. It's the dry air that is the culprit.

SotD is Mary Chess White Lilac. Top nots are not quite right but it used to be Mom's favorite and she may like smelling it again.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    That' rich, MikePerez23. Some of us are still in our microfleece long undies and arctic socks. (Do you even know what CuddleDuds and Thorlos are?)...
    ((giggle)) CuddleDuds sounds like a Pokemon character. LOL
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

No scent yet.
    Catching up on three days of SotD and just had to give (((Lucas))) a hug right away.

I, too, petition for a heaven with dogs since they clearly deserve to be there more than most of us do. I share a line from Isla Paschal Richardson:

Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
    but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you …
    I loved you so — 'twas Heaven here with you.

To keep your spirits up, treat yourself to a regular visit to dogshaming.com.

It's so cold here still, despite being the first day of Spring,
    that I am wearing a warming combo - Ambre et Vanille layered
    with Nohiba (both by E. Coudray.)
    I can't stop sniffing my wrist and just wish my anosmic husband could
    smell me too!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Springing it up in Hermes Hiris today!! Finally, spring is here

Molinard Nirmala.

Basenotes Plus

30Roses, did you like Argo? I've wanted to see it and haven't yet.

Wearing Nina Ricci Deci Dela for the afternoon.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Happy hoppy spring to all! Vernal Equinox today, from today on -- it is all about daylight, sun and high temperatures?
    I'll take the first two, you can have option 3 - deal ?

SotE - Odin 04 Petrana.

Maybe I'll milk today's theme just a little more and drift into dreamland for a short while. You're very welcome to join me, G

Evening All,

Aah - thanks for that treat, Jon

Atelier Flou : Eau d'Aviateur ( from a sample ) tonight.

Best to everyone.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    30Roses, did you like Argo? I've wanted to see it and haven't yet.
    It was riveting! I've got the book on which it was based on reserve now at our library.

We had 0F windchill here this morning (yeah, right, spring ), so I decided to stay with L'eau d'Hiver again. It warmed me up nicely yesterday, but it also gives such a nice shot of violet. I like this one more with each wearing.

G, my apologies for not responding earlier to your question about Dries Van Noten. It's been crazy busy at work. I'm taking a quick mental health break to post now, in fact

In any event, here are my reactions:
    • This is like, not love, for me, which is surprising; it should be smack in the middle of my olfactory wheelhouse;
    • I don't see cocoa listed as a note, but it is prominent on my skin;
    • I don't get a blast of citron/lemon at the opening -- it seems to be used to brighten the sandalwood, more than anything;
    • I get ZERO florals;
    • The sandalwood is smooth and nice, but it doesn't bowl me over; I prefer the sandalwood in Tam Dao and 10 Corso Como, but I like this better than the sandalwood in Santal Majascule and the sandalwood/rosewood in Cadjmere;
    • This is a *very* linear fragrance on me -- no progression through top, heart, or base; it basically shows me everything all at once and then gently sits there (this does NOT bother me in the least, especially if I like something, but I know it drives some people batty, so I thought I'd mention it);
    • Longevity is solid, but it wears very closely on my skin;
    • I find DvN *very* similar to Sonoma Scent Studio's new "naturals" release, Cocoa Sandalwood, except Cocoa Sandalwood has more intensity and the cocoa is even more pronounced (which is why I don't care for CS, but I'm OK with DvN).

All-in-all, I don't like this enough to lay out the $$$$ for a full bottle, but I might buy a decant of it.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 20th March 2013 at 07:55 PM.

I'm in Annick Goutal's completely adorable Eau de Charlotte for the afternoon. I haven't worn this in such a long time ...since October, according to my records. It's nice to be smelling like this again.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Went back to the drawing board had been wearing cashmere mist for a week or so. Today I just happen to glance at VW Boudoir, Ooooh I am back in love again. The sillage is sooo wonderful. this frag is the next best thing to being a woman.

I will try to articulate what it makes me feel like. First of all I would like to own it in a 1/2 pint size. but 1 spray will do it.
    I feel like you should only put it on after a shower. It makes me feel pink, grown, ladylike but womanly, feminine and superduper Se xy!

Boudoir all things woman!
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

^ Hooray for nosemolester in her bewitching Boudoir - let's hear it for the power of perfume!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    ^ Hooray for nosemolester in her bewitching Boudoir - let's hear it for the power of perfume!
    l'll second that!

Gigi again for me this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Continuing my PM in another Hermes -- Faubourg 24, not delicate, wonderful and rich.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by nosemolester View Post
    Boudoir all things woman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l'll second that!

VW Boudoir is a favorite here too, I can deal with its copious amounts of musk, even.

Blog Entries

LOL, Jon that is so cute, l want a t-shirt with that on!

High fives to all my Power Perfume Girls!

Default Today

Arso by Profumum

Basenotes Plus

I love Boudoir, too!

Wearing Hermes Rouge tonight. Have a nice evening, everyone!

In celebration of the Equinox, I'm wearing BPAL Dragon's Eye (Dragon's Blood resin, lilac, lily of the valley, and galbanum). So delicate and pretty!

Blog Entries

SotE- Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons (from a sample)

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm scent twins with elizrj today in OJ Woman I worked late last night and then all day today, but I'm off for the next FOUR days! I try to always take time off for the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament ... it has become a ritual! Hubby will be off too ...

I love Boudoir too ... I will have to wear it soon!

hugs to all!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm wearing Amouage Al Mas again.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Guerlain Heritage Edp tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

ExtremeK: Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the new Malle. I'll have to sniff it again soon, but like you, I wasn't bowled over by it. A french blogger commented that they found it lacking a soul, and I can see what they mean: for something so gourmandish, I found it strangely distant, not an especially comforting scent as I'd expect from the notes. Perhaps it mirrors the Dries van Noten aesthetic in that regard (?). A sideways thumb rating from me (for now).