Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The "back of the wardrobe" challenge

Update:

Challenge extended indefinitely.

---------------------

I keep a fragrance diary and update it daily. Today, while perusing my "wear" list, it struck me that I own plenty of fragrances which I haven't used in quite a while in spite of loving them. Some of them haven't been used for more than a year! This, of course can't continue like this so here's the challenge:

During next week, I plan to only wear scents from the back of my wardrobe, scents which I have wrongly neglected during the past months, even years.

I thought it would be more fun if a few people joined this noble quest and we could share our thoughts about our long-neglected treasures. I am only going to wear scents which I own bottles of, but of course you can decide for yourself which scents of yours would deserve to be re-discovered.

We start on Monday, 25 March.
    Last edited by bonsai; 4th April 2013 at 07:37 AM.

Default Re: The "back of the wardrobe" challenge

This is a very nice idea Bonsai
    I will try to follow this thread !
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I like this idea even though I only have about 20 scents. I've actually been trying to use a different one from my full bottle wardrobe once a week. I'll happily participate!

Bonsai, I'll join you in this endeavor. I had already started a special "neglected samples" project, but I can always procrastinate on that one some more

I've been doing that lately, I'll try to remember to pick something neglected everyday next week. I also have a ton of neglected samples and decants as well.

I will join in this one! I have far too many neglected scents and samples.

Blog Entries

What a great idea!

l will be following this thread with interest; l can't promise to participate every day as my fragrance choices are very dependent on my mood, but l'll try to at least once or twice!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Count me in, dear! That's what we all should do from time -- shop in your own wardrobe instead of shelling out megabucks on something that only suit one every once in a while. Good timing, too.

I had every intent of reaching for the most neglected perfume, the very first one I bought before I started down the primrose perfume path. The one that made me say "surely there are scents that are better out there". But I just couldn't do it! Betsey Johnson will have to wait for another day.

So I moved on to a neglected perfume, that I really shouldn't neglect. Dioressence, vintage I think the 60s. It opens with a blast, and I always am irritated that I sprayed it. So I avoid it, forgetting that as it warms up on my skin, after the initial 30minutes, I start to love it. You'd think I'd learn.

I have been doing something similar in that I started a randomised perfume selection project back in January in order to ensure that some of the neglected corners of my wardrobe received greater attention. I entered my wardrobe, including any spray samples, into an app called 'Hat' (it was designed for teachers to use to pull names out of a virtual hat) - you shake your device in order to make a selection. I wear the Hat's random selection from Monday to Friday and chose my own scent for the evenings and weekends.

It's been really good fun and has had me getting reacquainted with old loves and finding a new enthusiasm for some under-appreciated acquisitions.

Oooh. I wish I had a big enough collection to call it a wardrobe. I think this sounds like fun. This may be how I choose samples from now on.
    I use cloth diapers. I deserve something that smells amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia13 View Post
    Oooh. I wish I had a big enough collection to call it a wardrobe. I think this sounds like fun. This may be how I choose samples from now on.
    Your signature is funny. I own a cloth diaper store so I know from where you come.

Can we do this challenge if we end up having to scrub fairly quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Galatea8 View Post
    Can we do this challenge if we end up having to scrub fairly quickly?
    Sure, it's entirely up to you. But it wasn't meant as a torture... ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Day 1

I am kicking off the week with one of my two most neglected scents: Molinard's gorgeous Habanita.

About three years ago I received a sample and loved it so much that I swapped for a bottle. My bottle has arrived, received a nice place on my shelf and it stayed there, unused until today. I had the idea that it would simply be too much and never felt like reaching for it (just sniffed the nozzle once in a while). I was wrong. It isn't overwhelming in the slightest and it's a perfect match for the cold weather and my mostly black outfit. It is gorgeous but it does have some seriousness about it which might prevent me from reaching for it often. But I am surely keeping the bottle.
    Last edited by bonsai; 25th March 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Here we go Bonsai!

I also am starting the week with a fragrance that I enjoy very much, but just never seem to wear. Laura Biagiotti's Roma

Wardrobe says I last wore this one April of 2011! Wow. I had not realized it had been that long. This one is a citrus and herbal blast, that smooths out to a non cloying light amber with a small dose of vanilla I would say. It's zingy and zesty, but for some reason I do not reach for it in winter. I think it might be best in cool rather than cold weather, if you differentiate your frags that way, and I tend to do that often. So far I am enjoying it.

My pick for today is Angelitos Angel's Love. At some point many years ago someone on MUA was on the hunt for this one and Angel's Breath and the intrigue stayed in my mind. I saw both on ebay and got both purely out of curiosity.

It's a blend of rose, lemon, and lots of cedar. It can go on a little like furniture polish, but once it dries down, it is really lovely and reminds me a bit of something else I've smelled, but I can never quite put my finger on it.
    Last edited by jacona; 25th March 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries

l took the plunge today with Black XS by Paco Rabanne; the men's version. This bottle belonged to an ex of mine, (& it smelled great on him!) & l could never part with it. l finally tried it on myself a while back, & really quite enjoyed it, but haven't reached for it much since.

Today l wore it to work, being careful to go light on the trigger, & found the woodsy patchouli drydown rather satisfying on this icy cold day. The fruitiness is very subtle to my nose, & l swear l detected a creamy sandalwood in the base that l hadn't noticed before. l can see myself wearing this one more often on colder days, but l think l'd find it too much once the weather warms up.

This is the only male-marketed fragrance that l own, & l kind of get a kick out of wearing a "masculine" scent. l don't think a traditional fougere or "sport" cologne would suit me, but this one is quite female-friendly l think. (Thankfully the ex & l parted on good terms, so this doesn't conjure up any painful memories for me. l probably won't wear it around Mr teardrop, though! )
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Decided this week to give a go to many Guerlains that I say I do not like. LOL

Les Secrets de Sophie -- musky concoction of violet leaf and tonka bean. As a violet lover, it is all right, fuzzy and very dark green. Tonka with vanillic undertones is comfortable. Musk -- oh musk, so what? We'll see.

I missed it this morning and was wearing, well, doesn't matter.

Because now, inspired by the patch-lover-thread I am wearing „1826 Eugénie de Montijo”.
    The good thing about long phases of abstinence is recognizing how much more differentiated the perception has become.
    But unfortunately my recent musk sensitivity makes me smell musk where no musk is supposed to be.
    Though I really enjoy to wear it and I am looking forward to other forgotten gems!

Banned
    Blog Entries

sotd is lucky#6 so that sums it up. also might go back to cool water later in the week!!!

Day 2

Today's re-visited scent is Iris Taizo from Parfumerie Generale. I picked up a bottle for 20 EUR in a little shop two years ago (and still kicking myself for not buying Musc Maori as well for the same price). The last time I wore it was in February, 2012. It's more creamy than I remembered and I enjoy its spicyness a lot.

That's the only positive side of the overstaying winter: I still got some time to re-discover my more or less forgotten winter scents.

Going to the absolute back I will have to give Kenneth Cole Signature an outing.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Blog Entries

l'm wearing Monyette Paris today. This was one of the first fragrances l bought after discovering basenotes & niche about five years ago. l loved its creamy gardenia-coconut-vanilla vibe at first, but although it's a very tropical fragrance, l came to find it a bit screechy & cloying in hot weather, & l haven't reached for it often.

Wearing it for work on an icy-cold day seems totally inappropriate, but l'm up for the challenge, & who knows, it just might work! l'll report back later...

Well I dug to the absolute back, and picked out my Betsey Johnson Perfume. This is the first scent I bought before I started my perfume journey, and I have a whole 3.4oz of it. I gotta say, 30 minutes in, I'm wishing I was wearing something else. I'm interested in seeing how my perceptions of it have changed tho, now that I've been so enthralled with other scents.

A good option for this may be to give it to my niece who is 10, and deeply into sweet scents. She begged for Taylor Swift's perfume for Christmas, and I got it for her. She adores it, so I'm thinking she'd adore this one. Good thing she also adores sampling my perfumes, and I think she'll eventually grow to love a variety.

Another seldom worn fragrance that I really like and wonder why I don't wear it more often:

CDG White - a spicy, somewhat fruity oriental with just a bit of the CDG incense. Interesting spiced rose that does not dominate the fragrance (just the way I like my roses ), and a lovely woody drydown. Nice!

My pick for today Giò de Giorgio Armani. A lovely floral, on me it smells like tuberose,honey, orange blossom with a hint of sandalwood and vanilla in the base.

I love this idea!! After reading this post yesterday, I decided to give some attention to my dusty bottle of Adrienne Vittadini (original) I had forgotten how intoxicating this fragrance is!!! I'm in love all over again...

Tomorrow I am going to wear my (too-long ignored) bottle of Ralph Lauren Safari I love that scent, but I have so many others that I tend to reach for others first. *On another note, this summer I plan on using an oldie but goodie (and super inexpensive!) Coty's classic Sand & Sable....it smells divine for being a drug store staple!
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

I reached in and pulled out Aficionado by Cigar Aficionado. It's supposed to be a tobacco scent, but I find it very herbal
    and dry.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm joining you guys today by reaching in the back of the perfume cabinet and pulling out Boudoir. According to a quick search on BN, I wore this last on October 10, 2010. Boudoir is not a scent I wear to work, it's a little too sexy, a little too "big" for my workplace. It was mentioned on the SOTD thread a few days ago and I've been thinking about it ever since. It's almost campy and fun to wear and I adore the bottle! It's so stinking cute.

Notes: viburnum, marigold, orange blossom, orris, red rose, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, amber, vanilla, sandalwood and patchouli.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

As a Newbie Perfumista, Boudoir is one of the TOP scents I am dying to try!!! grrrr I get so envious because I don't have a mall nearby that carries it /cry. (I live in a rural area - gorgeous, but the STICKS I tell ya! LOL). Same goes with the Serge Lutens and Malle scents. */shakes fist
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

Blog Entries

l'm loving this thread!

Reporting back on Monyette Paris; worn lightly for work on this cold day, it worked better than l expected, turning creamy rather than screechy. Not very exciting, but a comforting scent. l probably wouldn't wear it for work again, but l imagine that it might be nicer worn at home on cooler days when dreaming of summer, rather than during summer itself.

lt really is interesting how one's perceptions change. When l first tried this fragrance, l thought it one of the sexiest l'd ever smelled. Now, l still like it, but it's just nice, rather than amazing.

AromaOfTacoma, I was just talking about how much I now want to try this Boudoir. Shadesofbleu, you are creating a lemming here. I live in an area where there is no access to anything other than what you'd find in Macy's or Sephora. We don't have a Saks, NM, nothing. Macy's is as high falutin as it gets.

So now I'm going to need to place another order at STC. Gah!

So my Betsey Johnson got better as the day progressed, until the drydown now... when it smells kinda sour, like I have been to the gym and back home. Yep, this one is going to my little niece. My sister will LOVE me for that

I am really enjoying all of your stories.

shadesofbleu, your post is indeed dangerous. Now I am also carving some Boudoire. I did love my decant while it lasted but I found it difficult to find an occasion to wear it. Nonetheless, I would love to have some now...

cello, CdG White sounds right up my alley, another scent to add to my "to sample" list.

Day 3

And we have arrived at the third day of our journey. I am wearing my other most neglected scent (just as forgotten as Habanita was): Rochas Alchimie. The same story again: partially because I enjoyed my sample and partially due to the attraction of the beautiful bottle of the fact that is was discontinued and a decent price I purchased a bottle. In about three years I did not wear it on a single occasion.

I am enjoying Alchimie a lot today: it's slightly spicy with just the right amount of sweetness and the pumpkin-like note gives me a cozy feeling on this cold day. I'm really happy that I started this challenge, I have more great scents in my wardrobe than I realised.

Wore MDCI Promesse de L'Aube yesterday -- formerly known as FK1 -- and it went from 3*** down to only 2**. I simply fail to notice the fresh flowers and Provencal breezes many reviewers are talking about. And again, for the price the longevity could be amped up, several notches

Today in Guerlain Apres L'Ondee, modern EdT, a violet fragrance that was my penultimate to go violet scent before ionones were so widely exploited by every niche house in existence. Somehow today it smells more like Meteorites so sadly discontinued several years back,

Blog Entries

Today l've worn Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld. l've had this bottle for over ten years, & there's only a couple of mls left, but l haven't worn it since January 2012. This one takes me back immediately to a bygone era of my life, when l was married to my ex-husband, & in particular to a winter holiday in Greece, when l wore it every evening. Very much a mixed bag of memories...

The top notes may have turned *very* slightly, but it still has that big burst of freesia, orange blossom & some other unidentifiable notes that l remember. l find it a bit cloying, rather like Loulou, & it no longer feels like "me", although the ambery drydown is quite nice, & it doesn't last anything like as long as it used to.

There is no way l could have worn this one to work, but luckily l've had a day off at home today for this trip down memory lane. l will keep these last few drops for old times' sake, but it's no longer something l would wear very often.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Today l've worn Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld. l've had this bottle for over ten years, & there's only a couple of mls left, but l haven't worn it since January 2012. This one takes me back immediately to a bygone era of my life, when l was married to my ex-husband, & in particular to a winter holiday in Greece, when l wore it every evening. Very much a mixed bag of memories...

The top notes may have turned *very* slightly, but it still has that big burst of freesia, orange blossom & some other unidentifiable notes that l remember. l find it a bit cloying, rather like Loulou, & it no longer feels like "me", although the ambery drydown is quite nice, & it doesn't last anything like as long as it used to.

There is no way l could have worn this one to work, but luckily l've had a day off at home today for this trip down memory lane. l will keep these last few drops for old times' sake, but it's no longer something l would wear very often.
    I have two bottles of the Sun Moon Stars and it's a very nice soft oriental scent ...yes the dry down is warm and cozy amberish but i do not find an obvious similarity to my signature perfume LouLou by Cacharel.

For me yesterday: Le Dix by Balenciaga from a precious miniature ...a classic romantic flowery(rose, violet,lilac) scent with a nice citric opening and a soft drydown ' i like it too much that i wish i had a full bottle!

Today: Oh my "dreamy" Neblina by Yves Rocher ...s sweet fresh green grassy opening with a flowery/ fruity heart with velvet wildflowers and wild berries , it gives me the feeling of being in a tropical forest ...delicious and up-lifting scent ...i usually enjoy it in the early spring days!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

This thread inspired me to rummage - my perfumes are genuinely buried in the depths of my wardrobe! - and I unearthed a solid Lush "American Cream" perfume. I wondered if the scent had survived but it has come good as it has warmed up on my wrists - gentle vanilla sweetness.

I also unearthed a "Flying Fox" temple balm, as they called it, and that really has plenty of jasmine oomph! Much better than the later "Lust", in my opinion, because "Lust" can be too cloying and headache-inducing but "Flying Fox" had appeal without becoming appalling.

Great idea, bonsai:-)

Sophi, YR Neblina is fantastic! Does it sometimes manifest that sour milk note on your skin? Does on mine -- and it is plus for me.

Day 3 for me took me back to a blind buy about 3 or 4 years ago. I bought it soley on the name, and thought it might be a nice little summer fragrance, which I sometimes can't seem to find. It is OK, and just OK, but I think I will hold on to it.

Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul - a big blast of lemon freshness followed by a hint of fig, a bit of soft wood and a little clean musk to keep it boring

My pick for today is Balenciaga Talisman, sadly discontinued with all of the other great Balenciaga fragrances. It a gourmand, fruity chypre with notes of rum, davana, plum and chocolate. It's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Sophi, YR Neblina is fantastic! Does it sometimes manifest that sour milk note on your skin? Does on mine -- and it is plus for me.
    Oh yes,now you mention it , the sour milk note is there .....it gives the same sense as the fig fruit milk.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I didn't pick this thread up until I'd already applied my Givenchy III on Monday (and there was no way that I was having a shower to remove that!), but in the spirit of the thread:

Tuesday I wore Mariella Burani. This was bought as a part used bottle blind buy for very little, bought entirely because of the BN reviews for it. They are all outstanding, and I have to agree. Citrus, violets, fruit, patchouli and bergamot, amongst other things, and a more citrussy cousin of Chanel No 5, I was still burying my nose into my wrist to inhale the fabulous smell 12 hours after application. I really should wear this one more frequently.

Wednesday I wore Tabu. Bought because I was on a Jean Carles kick and since I love Miss Dior and Ma Griffe so I thought I'd explore him a little more. Ambery warmth that would seem really appropriate for my very slinky black cat to wear and be gorgeous in too, I genuinely can't understand why this has become a down market scent. If Creed had made something similar it would be thought of as daring and challenging.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow, so I shall have to think hard about what is appropriate to wear in a restaurant. Thank you for the challenge of this thread

Today's choice has fallen on the beautiful Meharees from L'Erbolario. I bought it two years ago in a tiny shop hidden in a sleepy little street in Frascati. The lady only spoke Italian but I managed to explain it to her that I wanted to smell ALL of the L'Erbolario scents. To my suprise she did take all the testers off the shelves and let me sniff them at leisure. I was slowly becoming an attraction for the neighbourhood with customers sometimes sniffing with me and sometimes just staring at the wierd foreigner.

I finally left the shop with four scents: Iris, Tiare, Ambraliquida and Meharees. They are all very much worth the money, but Meharees is the one which really stands out. It is a kind of a more transparant version of Musc Ravageur. Less dense amber and musc and more obvious spices. It's great value for the money and I am really enjoying it today.

It's funny to stumble on this thread because I was just thinking I had far too many frags... well if that is possible. I was looking at them all with a view to a slight cull and just couldn't decide where to even begin. I have just dug out some samples and am wearing one on each hand of
    Acqua Di Genova and on the other SMN Acqua di Sicilia

A delightful pair. I shall not be getting rid of these.

bonsai, I just discovered Meharees last year and I was wondering how it comes that I didn't hear anything about it before. It's remarkable.

For me Lancaster Concentrée today. I have both, the vintage and the current version and was using the latter more often in the past. I don't know why. Maybe because I thought they are basically the same, maybe because I had a „please, be tame and pretty” phase.
    The crisp opening of the vintage version can be tough, but today it's just superb to me.

Blog Entries

Today l'm wearing Carolina Herrera by Carolina Herrera. This purse-size roll-on was a blind buy around three years ago, when l was still researching tuberose fragrances. l've only worn it a few times, & not since May last year.

lt's a linear blend of tuberose & jasmine, strangely loud & yet airy at the same time. l actually find it quite an elegant scent; l just don't find enough occasions to wear it. l don't recall ever wearing it in cold weather before, so today will be an interesting experiment. l'm off into town to do a little shopping before meeting my bf for a bite to eat, so we'll see how this works...

I reached for my very first niche scent today, Citizen Queen. I really enjoy this one, but rarely wear it. It's perfect for today, when it's still got a chill in the air, but the sun is out, and you can feel Spring trying to give winter a beat down.

I'm really loving reading all your posts, but I'm starting to get a long sample list here.

My pick today is Tan Giudicelli Annam, I have the habit of picking out scents that get discontinued. This one is a blend of incense, lily, milk and rice. I love that it's interesting and unlike any other scent.

Basenotes Plus

The universe must have us all on a similar wavelength. I found this thread today, but had already rummaged through my fragrance cabinet to wear several "forgotten" favorites.
    Jean Louis Scherrer Sherrer original edt, a green chypre extraordinaire
    Gorgio Armani's Armani Prive Pierre De Lune, soft as a kiss and just as comforting
    Parfumes de Nicolai, Maharadjah edp, spicy top with a warm, cuddly dry down
    Montale Golden Aoude, I'd forgotten I even had this....
    and Edouard Flechier"s iconic Une Rose for Frederick Malle. I hadn't forgotten this one, so much as I just hadn't worn it in a long time.
    and lastly, Bond No 9's Andy Warhol's Lexington Avenue body cream & edp. Another one I hadn't worn in a very long time.
    Thanks for the jump start, Bonsai!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Last worn in April 2011 per my wardrobe I remember wearing this to work and getting a sharp, irritating note, and I think that is why I went off of it for a while. Then I just forgot about it. From the back of the wardrobe, it came back out today. And now I am enjoying this citric, soft floral.

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile

Basenotes Plus

cello.....my choice today was Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile.......lol

Havent worn this since the year it launched!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    cello.....my choice today was Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile.......lol

Havent worn this since the year it launched!
    I almost went with that one too, but I'm going to do an iris thing next month, so saving it

Using up some of a much-neglected bottle of Fendi.
    This comes off very STRONG on my skin - a spicy,
    medicinal note that is quite nose itching!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

From the back of my cupboard I've gone with the original Lolita Lempicka today.

Blog Entries

Reporting back on Carolina Herrera; hmmm, not sure how l feel about this one. The jasmine is a little too much of the "fruity" variety for me, but l think this one works better on warm spring days than in cold weather like we had today. Bundling it up in thick coats & scarves just feels wrong, somehow. l think it needs a little more room to breathe!

I realised I was wearing the same perfume's over and over & that some scents had not been worn in 12 months! So, I've been making myself use my neglected scents & am "trying" not to wear something more than once in a month. It's hard!
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

From the back of my bookcase I pulled out Baiser Du Dragon. Guess it doesn't have much longevity on my skin because by the time I got to work (40 minutes later) I forgot I was wearing it and sprayed on Hermes Un Jardin eM. Or maybe I'm just undercaffeinated and can't remember what I've done 10 minutes after doing it. Anyway, the Hermes has completely overwhelmed the vestiges of BdD that might have been lingering.

Day 5 of the challenge (and this may be my last day due to a sample pass package that should come in the mail today).

Gres Cabaret - a TJMaxx blind buy on my rose quest that I have not worn in 2 years. As I recall, this is a summery soft rose with a hit of citrus up front and a sprinkle of patch in the drydown. But I really can't remember I'll spray today and give it a wear.

On day 5 I've dug out Isabella Rosselini, Isa Bella, and it has become clear to me why it's at the back of the cupboard.

It's a nice enough fragrance, mostly floral, but even with it sprayed with gay abandon, it's very understated and is fading to nothing after only 3 hours.

Maybe I'll use it as air freshener.

I've chosen „Perles de Lalique” today. I remember last time using it I was spraying my laundry with it (unscented washing agent).
    It hit me somehow fruity, unexpectedly. When I bought this a few years back I wasn't into reading scent pyramids, I preferred being in happy unconsciousness about what I am wearing. And obviously I was not very responsive to rose scents. But I smelled it today, clearly in the top notes, slowly melting down with the pepper notes that I find to be very close to my experience grounding pink pepper in the mortar. Nice, but not my cup of tea anymore.
    So, a rose fragrance. What a surprise.

I went for 1873 Colette today. It was a second-hand blind buy about a year ago and guess what... I have never given it a full wear. I have a cold today so I refrain from making a judgement on it. I could only smell a sharp lemon (which, btw does have some nose-declogging properties) and powder. Not really good and not really bad...