Code of Conduct

Thread: need help

Default need help

any receipt I did check in internet or books I see that frafrance ingredients are essential oils plus alcohol plus water. but if you take any fragrance box and read ingredients there are a lots of ingredients in. is my receips unprofesional? or are that ingredients included in oils?
    thank you?

Default Re: need help

It is necessary to put an indication of ingredients on the packaging but the exact formula is usually secret for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    It is necessary to put an indication of ingredients on the packaging but the exact formula is usually secret for obvious reasons.
    This.

There are also many chemicals in fragrances that are hard to obtain. This is often times what gives a fragrance its longevity and projection. You can dabble with fragrance oils, alcohol, and water, over & over, and your fragrance may not come out as you intend.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

If you need to know more. Browse the DIY section and see all the information there. Are you making some, or just asking?

thank you for reply. I am starting to make fragrance and make a good brend. but need good recipt, I am working intensive for that. need good people too.

once again about my original questione, the ingredients I see on packaging they ar a lot of them. you think they are in essential oils? or they are addd extra in fragrance after oils, water and alcohol?
    for ex.Amyl cinnamal Anise alcohol
    Amylcinnamyl alcohol Benzyl benzoate
    Benzyl alcohol Benzyl cinnamate
    Benzyl salicylate Citronellol
    Cinnamyl alcohol Farnesol
    Cinnamal Hexyl cinnamal
    Citral Butylphenyl methylpropional
    Coumarin Limonene
    Eugenol Linaool
    Geraniol Methyl 2-octynoate
    Hydroxycitronellal Alpha-isomethyl ionone
    Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyclohexene-Carboxaldehyde Evernia Prunastri Extract
    Isoeugenol Evernia Furfuracea Extract

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for answering.
    once again about my original questione, the ingredients I see on packaging they ar a lot of them. you think they are in essential oils? or they are addd extra in fragrance after oils, water and alcohol?
    Cinnamal Hexyl cinnamal
    Coumarin Limonene
    Eugenol Linaool

Quote Originally Posted by george_saralidze View Post
    thank you for reply. I am starting to make fragrance and make a good brend. but need good recipt, I am working intensive for that. need good people too.

Cinnamal Hexyl cinnamal
    Coumarin Limonene
    Eugenol Linaool

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for answering.
    Cinnamal Hexyl cinnamal
    Coumarin Limonene
    Eugenol Linaool
    These are the standard ingredients in most fragrances. I believe they are all chemical compounds. Not sure how they are put into the fragrance though.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

You need to sit down and learn your stuff if you want to make perfumes. I've been doing it for some years now and I'm still learning. The saying I have in my head, and I cannot remember where I found it, is that it takes seven years to become a 'nose' and three more to make your first decent fragrance. That's ten years to make a good perfumer.....

So we might as well begin here then.

Take each one from your list and look it up in google. I will start them off for you.

Amyl cinnamal = Aldehyde of a jasmine nature with a well known irritant factor restricted by IFRA for potential sensitisation
    Anise alcohol = Floral smelling IFRA restricted ingredient for the same reason as above

Just keep going. It's all on the internet.
    Here is a useful link

Benzyl alcohol
    Benzyl cinnamate
    Benzyl salicylate
    Citronellol
    Cinnamyl alcohol
    Farnesol
    Cinnamal
    Hexyl cinnamal
    Citral
    Butylphenyl methylpropional
    Coumarin
    Limonene
    Eugenol
    Linaool
    Hydroxycitronellal
    Alpha-isomethyl ionone
    Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyclohexene-Carboxaldehyde
    Evernia Prunastri Extract
    Isoeugenol
    Evernia
    Furfuracea Extract

well, nobody can answer me clearly. thank you anyway.

well, nobody can answer me clearly. thank you anyway.
    mumsy has done her best to help you get started. Just follow her advice, please start reading the DIY forums (this topic should have been posted there, anyway, not here) and read all you lay your hands on. Making a good fragrance is much more complex than it might seem at first. As mumsy has said, the list of ingredients on the packaging is only the top of the iceberg, the exact formulas are never disclosed. Even if you would have a complete list of ingredients if you don't know the exact proportions in which they were mixed you can still not re-create the perfume.

Back to your question: most fragrances do not only contain essential oils but also plenty of synthetic aromachemicals. Many from your list might belong to that cathegory. But as mumsy just said: the descriptions of all the ingredients can be found on the internet.

I gave you a spoon and I gave you the bowl of cereal. It really is up to you to eat it.

The link that I gave you there links straight to the site you need and all you have to do is cut and paste any ingredient into the search box. Easy peasy.....

I can even make it for you if you pay me in advance!!!!

ok, as I understud the perfume receip wich contains alcohol+distild water+essential oils is not inaugh profesional. profesional will be ... alcohol+distilld water+essential oils+MANY CHEMICALS

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU MUMSY, BONSAI AND EVRIBODY.

Not true. There are many professional perfumers out there who do not use any chemicals.

What you need to do so that you do not get frustrated with us is to read and read this DIY forum. Type all your questions into the SEARCH box and read all the answers that are already here.

If what you are really asking for is a recipe then also there are plenty of those here too.

Now good luck and we will help you as much as we can. Your original question was a very general one and to help you further, we need to get a bit more specific.

This article (although not very recent) might explain things a bit - which country are you in?

http://www.gcimagazine.com/business/...79.html?page=1

Some essential oils contain chemicals that are classed as allergens & may be what you are seeing on your label, but the perfumers amongst us will be able to explain this better than I can.

A handful of perfumers use only 'natural' ingredients but most use 'synthetics' or a mixture of both.
    All are made of chemicals.

Mumsy is quite correct in saying that you need to do research and that will help you to understand the system.

If you then have specific questions about dilutions,combinations, etc., there are guides in the DIY section that may help, or people to ask.
    Last edited by lpp; 23rd March 2013 at 09:10 AM.

I gave you a spoon and I gave you the bowl of cereal. It really is up to you to eat it.

The link that I gave you there links straight to the site you need and all you have to do is cut and paste any ingredient into the search box. Easy peasy.....

I can even make it for you if you pay me in advance!!!!
    Mumsy has given you a start...perhaps you should read the DIY forum, there are alot of good tips there. Mumsy knows her stuff...she makes a good barnyard frag. that is to die for!!

any receipt I did check in internet or books I see that frafrance ingredients are essential oils plus alcohol plus water. but if you take any fragrance box and read ingredients there are a lots of ingredients in. is my receips unprofesional? or are that ingredients included in oils?
    thank you?
    Perfume is made up of Essential Oils, Absolutes, and Synthetic chemicals, not just Essential Oils. Essential Oils and Absolutes contain many (often hundreds) of chemicals. What you see on the side of the box are those chemicals which are considered to be potential allergens. At the moment there are 26 of these, but the list may get bigger. Many Essential Oils contAin some of those chemicals which are on the Allergen list. There may also be other additional chemicals added (such as antioxidants or preservatives) which are printed on the box. The whole formulation is never printed on the box, the list would be far too long; and it is not legally necessary.

Hope that has answered your question to your satisfaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true. There are many professional perfumers out there who do not use any chemicals.

Now good luck and we will help you as much as we can. Your original question was a very general one and to help you further, we need to get a bit more specific.
    All Perfumes are made with chemicals. Some Perfumers only use Essential Oils and Absolutes (I still can't see why, but that is another matter), but those Oils and Absolutes are made up of chemicals, many of which are on the allergen list, and are regarded as sensitisers.

is there any good profesional receipt to get? if yes, where can we get it?

This is an example of the kind of information in the DIY section:-

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/329...s-donate-yours

This section is really for discussing ready made fragrances, so your questions will have better answers in DIY.

Good luck

is there any good profesional receipt to get? if yes, where can we get it?
    a) Yes, either with some research and some learning
    or
    b) yes, you can pay someone to do it properly and prepare a detailed brief.

a) You can get many recipes for practicing with from many sources in the DIY section on here. Just asking for any recipe is just like asking for some food and not minding which sort you get. There are a million variations. Do you want citrus, floral, musky etc etc etc etc etc etc etc?

b) If you want a truly professional fragrance formula for a proper perfume that you either wish to sell or wear, then you will need to commission one from a perfumer and brief them accurately and pay them the going rate. There are loads of private perfumers who can do that for you or fulfilment houses who will oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    All Perfumes are made with chemicals. Some Perfumers only use Essential Oils and Absolutes (I still can't see why, but that is another matter), but those Oils and Absolutes are made up of chemicals, many of which are on the allergen list, and are regarded as sensitisers.
    Point taken. Thank you for the correction.
    Last edited by mumsy; 25th March 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Banned

All Perfumes are made with chemicals. Some Perfumers only use Essential Oils and Absolutes (I still can't see why, but that is another matter), but those Oils and Absolutes are made up of chemicals, many of which are on the allergen list, and are regarded as sensitisers.[/QUOTE]

i got that one so this is my interpretation:
    synthetic chemicals are much nicer for perfumers because they represent the smalles building blocks of a perfume, much easier to control, to mix etc

i suppose working with those large building blocks like essential oils and absolutes must be harder to obtain some abstract things and shapes.....it takes maybe a bit different skill? and that may be the reason why perfumers love synthetics so much.....because its easier to play God role ....but the end result also can smell then like an atrificial creature....lol

@mumsy, I think that we should try to remember that if this very new member is running our answers through a translation programme(especially the Google one), he may be getting a very scrambled version of what we are saying.
    Just offered as my experience of communicating in languages that I'm rusty in & another slant on the problem.

We could try to be welcoming or just ignore the post, maybe.
    Last edited by lpp; 25th March 2013 at 12:16 PM.

Quite agree and dealt with. I think it would help to say the sort of perfume you are seeking George.

Maybe a mod could move this thread over to the DIY section too. That would help a lot.

@ mumsy - Agree

Here are some useful links to start off with if you want to make it:-

The main DIY link here

The one released professional perfume formula I know of here.

A really useful one here if you want known names and the like

A few BNer members own here

If you would like to have one made. Some of the DIY section members may do that if you ask them or there are places that do runs if you would like bulk. Depends really where you are in the world. It may be better to use a local one so you can keep an eye on proceedings.

Excellent links @mumsy
    Thx.