Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Bleu or Allure Homme?

Hello Friends,

I am trying to update my fragrance collection and thinking whether I should add Bleu De Chanel or Allure Homme. Which one would be a better choice? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Hamp; 20th March 2013 at 03:32 PM.

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Chanel Bleu or Allure Homme?

I recommend that you create a poll for such threads where people can vote and you can see a clear result, just saying.

But i pick Allure Homme, Bleu is very nice but Allure Homme is a classic.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Byerley
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Never cared much for Allure Homme, I'd say Bleu de Chanel.

Allure

NOW, this site is getting some response. : )

Allure Homme is much better and more complex. Bleu is too synthetic and generic, for me.
    Last edited by NewHaarlem; 20th March 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Another vote for Allure Homme.

Basenotes Member

Allure Homme, beautiful fragrance that takes me back a few years and one i must revisit

I just bought Allure Homme Sport last week and have been wearing it everyday since. It smells great and lasts long. I tried Bleu the day I bought the AHS and also like it very much and hope to get it also. It seems that the AHS lasted on my skin longer. I'd encourage you to try both as they are easy to sample at most department stores and pick which one you like best.

Either of the two, however I'd choose Allure over Bleu, though, if possible, I'd frankly choose both.

Not a big fan of either. Edition Blanche is the best from the Allure line imo.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Own and like both but prefer Chanel Bleu.

Bleu de Chanel ..

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jim View Post
    I just bought Allure Homme Sport last week and have been wearing it everyday since. It smells great and lasts long. I tried Bleu the day I bought the AHS and also like it very much and hope to get it also. It seems that the AHS lasted on my skin longer. I'd encourage you to try both as they are easy to sample at most department stores and pick which one you like best.
    Allure Homme Sport is a totally different scent than the original Allure Homme. For me, Jacques Polge's Tiffany for Men Sport is a better and less synthetic version of AHS and Bleu.

I like Bleu more.

I think Bleu right now is very "on the money." It's a very well made fragrance that is all about whats "safe" and "current". Almost sporty but not quite. You really can't go wrong wearing it, other than risking smelling like a lot of other people(it's really catching on).

Allure I actually didn't like the first time I wore it, even though I love the Blanche edition immediately. The thing with Allure Homme is that it really is sort of an everything and the kitchen sink thrown in there, and I think my nose was really confused as I was really just expecting something almost "cologne-like" (citrus to woods progression). The bulk of Allure is a rather fatty affair as it just has a ton of sweetened notes making up the majority of its scent, even drying down to a sweet benzoin wood base(kind of vanilla smell). When I was able to identify the heart of the scent as half fruit(sort of apricot,apple,peach thing) with half mixed flowers, it all started to fall in place and I now like it much better, I do worry that it might get a bit out of control in summer heat.

I would recommend Allure Homme but, unless you get bored easy, they both are kind of no-brainers.

Bleu > Allure Homme.

But both are pretty nice, but Allure Homme is one of my least favorite Chanel's. I like Bleu, AHS, Edition Blanche, and a few others over Allure Homme.

Basenotes Junkie

I really like them both, but I think I'd buy Bleu before Allure Homme.

Bleu is an inoffensive scent more or less everyone around you will like, and it's very hard not to like it yourself as well. I dabble mostly with niche, and pretty much hate aquatics and synthetic fragrances, but Bleu strikes me as a one of a kind NOT horribly synthetic smelling ... well ... synthetic perfume. It's strange, really, but I like it despite the marketing and probably slightly generic smell (at least generic compared to pee-perfumes).

Basically, I can't say I feel you're doing anything wrong selecting one over the other. Good luck with your purchase, and congratulations on a very good and solid fragrance whatever you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Never cared much for Allure Homme, I'd say Bleu de Chanel.
    This
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

I own both. Like both very much but prefer Bleu over Allure simply because of the versatility. It can be worn anytime for any occassion and is well liked by most.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Allure Homme for me.

Dislike both but if I had to choose it would be Chanel Blue because it is more versatile.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

I enjoy both. I think if you were just going to have one the choice is Bleu. This can be worn year round and gets you noticed in a good way. Allure is a more mature fragrance.

Bleu

I am surprised at the responses in this thread. I thought Allure Homme would be the clear winner. I remember when this forum was all about bashing Bleu.

I don't like either but give the edge to Bleu
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Allure

Blog Entries

I own and like both, and I agree that Allure Homme smells more complex than Bleu, but the former can be cloying when oversprayed. For some reasons, it also doesn't last on my skin as long as Bleu does. At the moment, I prefer Bleu.

1. Bleu de Chanel
    2. Allure Homme

these are the two best from the Chanel house imo. Both have good lasting power, in the case of Bleu (12 hours which is beyond remarkable for a fresh scent and that's during colder weather).

I'd go with Bleu de Chanel

Definitely Allure Homme.

Bleu de Chanel for me. actually for a reason first it smells better second it works in any season third it works on any occasion.

allure home only in winter and it is more of a office fragrance, and i would not spend that amount on a fragrance that is only good for office.

Both are good choice, I prefer Allure though

I really like Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, although I may be in the minority on this site. I also enjoy Bleu...total toss-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    NOW, this site is getting some response. : )

That's because people don't know or have forgotten your badly written and bizarre post that accompanied this post, asking whether this site was "just for homosexuals".

Bleu is a great scent without personality, Allure is an ok scent with a lot of personality.

I think both Bleu and Allure are among the best designer scents on the market regarding smell and quality. I think I prefer Allure because it has more character and there is nothing quite like it.

I would go for Allure simply because for me it has more of the wow factor, is more rich and full of character and to me it smells better than Bleu. It's actually my favourite fragrance of all time but all you can do is test both and see what you think as this thread has hopefully showed you that these kind of threads are actually pointless. Why? Because one person dislikes Allure while other loves it and it's the same with Bleu. How can you know then which to go for? What most people have picked as the best one? I would say no because there's nothing that says that you won't have the same sense of smell, or appreciation of different types of smells, as the members who picked the minority ( I e Allure Homme). All of which is to say that unless you can somehow find a way to identify members who have similar tastes to you most of the time, this sort of thread can only really give you a relevant answer in 'go and test it for yourself'. : )

I like them both. In a pinch, I'd pick Allure.

Allure for me, more versatile and a better scent overall

Well this thread is a little bit older but FYI I'll pick Bleu.

Bleu de Chanel for night , Allure sport for the day

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    You need to try Edition Blanche before you make up your mind.

I said Allure earlier, but have now changed to Bleu. It's more versatile.

Banned
    Blog Entries

CDB is more versatile but I prefer Allure

wow, ive tabulated the responses and they are neck and neck

Basenotes Junkie

Bleu all day/night over Allure.

Own both and Bleu is just automatic for any wear scenario. I rarely find an occasion where Allure wears well, even though I'd like to appreciate it more.

Own and like both but prefer AH.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

I own both..............go with Allure

Allure is a more classic scent and can be worn in most situations, but I feel that Bleu is more versatile as its a great modern fresh scent. I tend to wear Bleu casually and to the gym, which works great.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Of the two Bleu. But Edition Blanche blows them both away IMO.

Edit: oops, commented already last year, apparently my opinion hasn't changed, lol.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire