Code of Conduct

Default Divine fragances

Hello everybody Im new here but I love fragances and I been looking a lot of the designer houses that is been mentioned in the difrents forums here, and really is amazing to see how much knowledge is around here, well I would like to try some mens colognes from the Divine line what recomendations you guys can advice me and if any one have experience shopping with the online service, I like woody stuffs with not much sweetnes, and about the spains colognes, is one cologne that I used long time ago but is no where to find Tulipan Negro for mens the only thing i can find is deodorant, thank you very much to all and Happy 2014.

Default Re: Divine fragances

Welcome to you! I have tried L'Homme Sage, L'Homme Infini , L'Homme de Coeur & L'Etre Aime Homme. They're all very nice IMO. My preferred is L'Homme Infini.

(2541)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome!

All the Divine fragrances are excellent. L'Homme Sage is a very satisfying spicy guaiac woods fragrance that recalls barbershop spice fragrances from years past. It is excellent. L'Homme Infini is a cool mysterious woods scent that is my favorite of the group. L' Homme de Coeur is a slightly green and very transparent iris scent that is my second favorite mens iris fragrance after Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena.

Welcome to you!

Basenotes Member

I own l'homme de coeur and l'homme sage and have sampled the rest.
    L'homme de coeur is the one I prefer, it is a really superb scent, in my memory pretty light indeed and fresh. It had a green vibe also. I have to check it out again since its been a while I wore it.
    My wife and I had multiple chats with Yvon Mouchel, who owns the house, a very mild and interesting man. We used to go in the st malo shop where he often stays and spend hours chatting about perfumes.
    I'll get back to the thread after having smelled those two again and describe them better (well as far as I can lol) for you.
    They now have a shop in Lyon where I live. Where are you from if not too curious ?

I only tried L'Homme Infini and L'Homme Sage. I really like both of them.

Welcome to Basenotes!

I love Homme Sage and Homme de couer very much. I have not taken to Infini very well, but that's because the other two are so great. Sage for cooler months; Coeur for Spring and Summer.

I've only tried L'homme Sage. My mother is brutally honest when it comes to my fragrances. When I wore Creed's Silver Mountain Water once she said, "You smell like an old man." And when I wore Amouage's Interlude Man she said, "Stop wearing that. You smell like an old church." However, once I received a sample of L'Homme Sage, and she said, "What is the name of your cologne? It smells nice."

HI There thank you for the information about this line of fragances, well Im live in USA and thats why I ask if somebody have experience shopping online with this house of fragances, I would like to sample some of their fragances before buying just to see wich one work well with miy skin type, for what i read here in this forum they all good overall specially the woods notes one, if you can tell me how to obtain some samples from them i will appreciate very much, Thanks again looking forward to hear more about fragances.

None of these appeal to me but it is nice of you to join us in this Most exciting venture and Happy new year to you too and God bless....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

thanks Magnu611 thats why I want to test some of these to see how appeal to me do you know how to get any samples of these, Thanks again and God blessyou too...

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    if you can tell me how to obtain some samples from them i will appreciate very much, Thanks again looking forward to hear more about fragrances.
    I believe First in Fragrance offers samples of the line, but their website has been momentarily disabled due to improvements they're making. keep checking back there though. Good luck!

(2611)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I think Luckyscent has them, that's where I bought my bottle of L'Homme de Coeur.

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I think Luckyscent has them, that's where I bought my bottle of L'Homme de Coeur.
    They do indeed. Depending where you live, might work out better. Thanks for pointing that out.

(1622)

Ok, I just place a order for 3 samples to test Thanks again that place have a lot stuff to look for.

Welcome aboard!

Divine L'Homme Sage may very well deserve to be on every fraghead's list to try. Exceptional quality and proves that smaller niche houses can, with a good perfumer like Yann V at the helm sometimes raise the bar for men's fragrance in general.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.ö - LT

I love this much underrated / overlooked line. L'Homme Sage would be my first pick given your indications. Saffrony and woody, sort of sharp but at the same time comforting. L'Homme De Coeur is another favorite. Easy to wear woody-iris with pepery nuances. I'm not particularly fond of L'Homme Infini but if you like mainstream-ish green-woody stuff, it might be worthy a sniff.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here