Code of Conduct

Default A few questions about Dior Homme Intense

Hi guys,

So I've been watching frag reviews for a while and this is the one of the fragrances that seems almost universally adored by every single reviewer on YouTube sans CutlassSupreme. I'm getting swayed by the hype but there doesn't seem to be any place in San Diego to sample this particular frag so I had a couple questions.

1. If I'm not a big fan of Dior Homme, will I not be a fan of this? I don't really like the heavy iris note in it that smells like lipstick but the other notes sound great.

2. Does this frag seem hard to wear? I'm planning to have it for clubbing, nightouts, and formal events alongside my La Nuit De L'Homme which I love.

3. Is the compliment factor of this fragrance greater than say, 1 Million? I know alot of people don't like 1 Million here but the ladies love it and I was wondering if the ladies loved this a comparable amount.

4. Do a good amount of people start off not liking this cologne and then proceed to warm up to it and then love it? Or is it love at first sniff for most?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dinonuggets; 21st March 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Default Re: A few questions about Dior Homme Intense

If you're not a big fan of Dior Homme, I would say pass on this.

If you don't like Dior Homme, you won't like DHI.

EDIT: What hednic said.

There is no need for you to like it even if you have a strong bias feeling that your status on the community will be compromised by not wearing it. Grow up.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Buy it if you want to smell like an old ladies purse.

Banned

I love smelling like an old ladies purse and I advice everyone to smell like it.
    But if you dont like dior homme, you wont like the intense. guaranteed.

As others have said, the two are similar. DHI is warmer and more gourmand, with more of a baked fruit feel. But there's still iris, so if you strongly dislike one, you're going to dislike the other as well (though perhaps a little bit less).

I like it a lot and think it can be worn without problems. It is true that often one changes mind about frags, what seemed strange at first may end up feeling compelling. But there's no reason why one should force oneself to like something.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    There is no need for you to like it even if you have a strong bias feeling that your status on the community will be compromised by not wearing it. Grow up.
    I don't see where this is coming from, I was just asking opinions on a hyped up frag that I was interested in.

Thanks though guys!

Basenotes Junkie

Buy a sample online first, DecantShop.com or SurrendertoChance.com have it for like $2.99 a ml. I bought a sample after reading all the good reviews and it shocked me at first that this was what everyone was raving about. More powdery than I expected. I ended up really loving it. The iris isn't as strong as in Dior Homme IMO. Definetly buy a sample online first. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Somebody needs a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Buy a sample online first, DecantShop.com or SurrendertoChance.com have it for like $2.99 a ml. I bought a sample after reading all the good reviews and it shocked me at first that this was what everyone was raving about. More powdery than I expected. I ended up really loving it. The iris isn't as strong as in Dior Homme IMO. Definetly buy a sample online first. Good luck.
    Thanks, I didn't know you could buy samples online. I'll definitely check it out!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dinonuggets View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know you could buy samples online. I'll definitely check it out!
    What cant you buy online? lol
    Pretty much everything except for a car and a house I guess. That youd have to see before buying