Code of Conduct

Default Winter scent vs summer scent - opinions please

So, I read a lot about what time of year is appropriate/favourable/best for this fragrance or that. Are there any hard and fast rules regarding this. What guidelines do you use? For example I like rich woody scents, I read that most are considered appropriate for fall/winter. Will it be a major faux pas to wear them in a bathing suit?
    I use cloth diapers. I deserve something that smells amazing.

Default Re: Winter scent vs summer scent - opinions please

I wouldn't think so. I think woody scents are good year round. However, scents like Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh is an excellent bathing suit choice.

No problem at all. You can wear what you like as long as you're comfortable in it. Most people enjoy a citrusy or vetiver scent in hot or humid weather as they find it more refreshing. But there's no hard and fast rule. With fragrances it's entirely based on your personal taste. Much like food and drink and choices we make in hot or cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia13 View Post
    So, I read a lot about what time of year is appropriate/favourable/best for this fragrance or that. Are there any hard and fast rules regarding this. What guidelines do you use?
    None and personally don't go by any particular guidelines.

Do whatever you feel works. Experiment and find out. You'll fine tune your preferences in time.

Definitely no rules set in place for anything like this its 100% personal choice.
    Some of my most important memories relating to fragrances like "that summer you'll never forget" kinda thing wouldn't have happened if i'd have followed it.

No rules, no guidelines. Let your nose, your preferences, your cravings, your feelings be your guides.

With the changing seasons this must be on many minds. After browsing through I saw 2 others of a very similar type. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.
    I use cloth diapers. I deserve something that smells amazing.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    No rules, no guidelines. Let your nose, your preferences, your cravings, your feelings be your guides.
    Agree with ExtremeK, 100%.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Try them out. They may reveal new aspects for you to enjoy. I used to keep my amber scents for cool weather, but occasionally like wearing them out on sunny summer days. It probably depends on your summers and winters. In Australia winter was never that cold nor summer that hot, so I would've felt more comfotable wearing anything at any time, but in mid summer here I find I only reach to fresh vetivers, aquatics and eau de colognes.

It's all about what you feel comfortable wearing on any particular day. Just like clothing though, some scents seem to smother me when it's too hot or humid out so I stay away from them. For the most part though, if you work or go to school...you stay in a controlled environment most of the day anyhow.

I'm by no means any expert, but it seems like some more delicate scents have a harder time in the colder weather, but in summer they have a chance to really bloom. Honestly, wear what you want. There are cold days you just want to smell something "summery" and warm days that just call for something cozy.