Code of Conduct

Default why does fragrancenet allow you to complete a purchase if it is out of stock?

I dont get this.. it is 2013, and today's technology can track inventory by the mili seconds... how does fragrancenet allow you to purchase an item...process it, and then refund your money a few days later saying that the item is out of stock....unbelievable
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: why does fragrancenet allow you to complete a purchase if it is out of stock?

Yeah.... that's bogus. I personally have had good luck with Fragrancenet, though the shipping ain't the fastest.
    FragranceX hosed me one time, though.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: why does fragrancenet allow you to complete a purchase if it is out of stock?

It really depends on their system. I am pretty sure their system updates at a certain point overnight. They are not alone. I buy from companies who dwarf fragrancenet in size, where their systems update overnight. I also work with companies that are completely real time.

You also have to take into consideration inventory discrepancies. I would rather have a company who refunds the money quickly when inventory issues arise versus some who take their good old time refunding moneys to you.

Just call them and verify it's in stock prior to placing an order.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No one is gonna go to the warehouse to check it...
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

If they can't even track it electronically, i very doubt they can track it manually

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

The Ultimate Smell
    Post Thanks / Like

Did they refund you for your Amouage?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Larger companies use on-line, real time processing but they can afford it. A company like Fragrancenet probably doesn't have the revenue stream required to maintain a system like that, so they must resort to batch processing. Like Palmbeach has already stated, it's probably updated daily.

Post Thanks / Like

It happened to me last month when I ordered L instant by Guerlain. It took them 4 days to process the order and two weeks to ship. I think what happens, others ordered expedited or using overnight and their orders got processed right away and by the time they got to my order , they were out. That likely happens to fragrances they don't have all the times. I am glad though, I ended up getting it from fragrancex for cheaper.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    If they can't even track it electronically, i very doubt they can track it manually
    May not be true. Their in-house system may be real time, whereas their web services most likely is not. Real time web is quite costly.

Post Thanks / Like

To take your money in hopes of you not demanding a refund and exchanging it for something else.

for swap/sale:

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was refunded as soon as they found that they didn't have the stock to pack my order.

Post Thanks / Like

A company called Fragranceexpess.com is the king of this Gucci Pour Homme I in stock!!!.... Money refunded after having to open a PayPal dispute..... 2 months later and it was still showing that it was in stock so people were still ordering it. They also have an Ebay store which they renamed PerfumeandBeauty. I purchased a bottle of Black XS for $13.00. 5 minutes later I get a notice saying the auction was cancelled and I get a refund for $13 because they made a pricing mistake.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Dior Homme Sport 2012, Mauboussin M Generation, Zino Davidoff, Pal Zileri Viaggio D'Africa, and Rive Gauche.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    A company called Fragranceexpess.com is the king of this Gucci Pour Homme I in stock!!!.... Money refunded after having to open a PayPal dispute..... 2 months later and it was still showing that it was in stock so people were still ordering it. They also have an Ebay store which they renamed PerfumeandBeauty. I purchased a bottle of Black XS for $13.00. 5 minutes later I get a notice saying the auction was cancelled and I get a refund for $13 because they made a pricing mistake.
    F that! They should have given you the XS for $13. It was their mistake. Bad business practice 4 sure. I bet they lost a (what would have been) a good customer, instead of just eating the couple bucks they would have lost on the Black XS.