Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Cool Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca Drawing reviews

We need a little fun around here! It's time for a drawing.

I received a gift of a long glass vial sample of the new Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca which I am happy to share with 3 Basenoters who:

• live in the USA
    • have made 25 posts or more
    • are willing to post their impressions of the fragrance after trying it. (This doesn't have to be an elaborate review-- anything you share will help our readers decide whether they want to seek out this fragrance for themselves.)

To add to the fun, I will also decant 3 vials of the discontinued Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia (it's completely different!) Each winner will receive both samples in short dabber vials.

Anyone who wishes to be entered in the drawing, just post here.
    I will pull out 3 names on Sunday evening at 7 pm Eastern time.

For now, the fragrance is only being sold at the Guerlain boutique at EPCOT (phone: 407-560-6383)
    The price is $87 with $19.95 shipping in the USA. Bottle size is 75 mls.
    [Edit: Seems it is being sold in Las Vegas as well.]
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st April 2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: renamed thread for reviews

Default Re: Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca, Drawing for 3 samples, USA only

That is pretty sweet 30R, I wonder how bitter that bitter orange is? I think I've only sniffed a couple of AA's not sure if I liked. Not sure if I like soapy either, so, I don't think I will enter..plus it will be opening up to other or newer BNers. So, don't enter me..but just wanted to say thanks, pretty cool.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Nerolia Bianca is not soapy or bitter. The reason it says bitter orange is that the bitter orange tree (Seville orange) is the one used to make perfume. Reconsider?

The earlier one, Flora Nerolia is really soapy! And I usually don't like soapy, but this is glorious. It's also an indolic jasmine, and normally I don't like that either-- but with Flora Nerolia, it all worked for me.

Mmm, ya...I guess I am not an orange expert, lol. That Naranjos by Monegal..that was bitter to me, smelled like an orange rind rather than orange..if that makes sense? I didn't like that it was orange rind and bitter orange was in there I guess, does it smell like orange rind? Cause notes are listed as: orange, bitter orange, orange blossom, neroli, twigs and leaves of orange and petit grain. Naranjos also had that bitter orange and petit grain..I just found it was orange rind-y. And Tauer does soapy orange on at least some of his, don't like mine that soapy. I think I am getting my orange stuff mixed up, lol.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Dear 30 Roses,

I think I'm primed after meeting ur prerequisites!

Btw, Guerlain Las Vegas have had it in stock 4the past 2 wks now
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Blog Entries

This blog post may help sort out the various parts of the orange:

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...tit-grain.html

Nerolia Bianca is almost too sweet for me, if that helps. The top notes are very citrusy-- the fruit part of the orange. Not rind. Drydown is more like a soft orange blossom. In between, I can't sort it all out yet but it's glowing and luminous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    Dear 30 Roses,

I think I'm primed after meeting ur prerequisites!

Btw, Guerlain Las Vegas have had it in stock 4the past 2 wks now
    Interesting! Guerlain in NYC told me only EPCOT had it.
    So have you tried it yet?

No, though I'm fond of many orange-centric fragrances, my favorites being MPG Sanguine Muskissime, Atelier Orange Sanguine (1st hr) & FM Bigarade Concentree. Moschino Friends always smells like oranges to me

I heard it's got bitter orange w/ orange blossom.. Can't wait 2 try it!
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Sounds kind of nice after all 30R. Thanks for that link.

Blog Entries

Okay, we have 2 names so far!

I'm enjoying the drydown now. It reminds me a bit of the drydown of the old, discontinued L'Occitane Fleurs d'Oranger.

I'd like to try these, thanks for doing a drawing! Lisa

Ooooh, me me me me me! It has been on my to try list!

OOh, definitely interested. Not only am I on a buying freeze, but I am fascinated with Orange and Orange blossom lately. I only really have one sample, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, but I am lemming on it lately. I think it's the need for Spring here.

I've never tried AA, it's a house I'm pretty unfamiliar with, so I'd be excited to try. Thank you so much 30R for the drawing, very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    OOh, definitely interested. Not only am I on a buying freeze, but I am fascinated with Orange and Orange blossom lately. I only really have one sample, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, but I am lemming on it lately. I think it's the need for Spring here.

I've never tried AA, it's a house I'm pretty unfamiliar with, so I'd be excited to try. Thank you so much 30R for the drawing, very cool!
    I have AA Herba Fresca and love it. Can't wait until it is warm enough to wear it again. Really interesting.

Oh, and I got a sample of Le Labo Jasmin 17 and though it is named jasmine it smells like orange blossom to me. I also have Jo Malone Orange Blossom which I am not so sure of.

Also, I am in the midwest, too, and it is never going to be spring again so you might want to give up on orange blossom.

Blog Entries

Good to see a few more names here! The more the merrier!

I have the most delicious orange blossom smell hanging in the air in my living room, residual from my wearing it yesterday, apparently. This on top of the potted hyacinths that have started to open.

The dry down is the best part, for me, so far. Dabbed, I found the citrus/orange fruit note went on too long-- about 45 minutes on my wrist. And the heart notes radiated/projected surprisingly strongly. Bianca means "white", but it is not indolic and I don't detect musks; I think maybe aldehydes are responsible for its radiant whiteness. The dry down is sweet and subtle not-powdery orange blossom. I don't think longevity is going to be an issue with this one, for most of us.

After decanting the samples from my long vial, I've transferred my remaining bit to an atomizer so I can see if it's different when sprayed on. I will include an empty atomizer in each sample pack so the drawing winners can try it either dabbed or sprayed.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 22nd March 2013 at 01:36 PM.

I'll definitely throw my hat in.

Maximilian

Please sign me up, 30Roses

Blog Entries

I'm keeping a running list.

Everything is packed up; I will only need to apply address labels.

Sure, I'll give it a shot, 30Roses.

(Currently trying to scrub the last of yesterday's Fille en Aiguilles off, so I can get this Peoneve party started. That Pine-Sol is clingy)

Blog Entries

Good!

I must have spilled a drop on the desk as it is still wafting up.

- - - Updated - - -

I sprayed my sample on my chest under clothing today-- only a half-spray, the first little bit that came out of the plastic atomizer I decanted it to, (which you will receive as well)-- and find it rather different than when dabbed onto my arm.

The orange/citrus top note that lasted 45 minutes when dabbed on is much reduced when sniffed from 10 inches away. The scent is sweet and potent and has similarities with L'Occitane's discontinued Fleur d'Oranger, but does not have that fragrance's vanilla note.

Just to put it out there, this fragrance is nothing like L'Artisan's Fleur d'Oranger or JM Orange Blossom. It is reminding me vaguely of some of the florals I wore in the 1980s.

Unfortunately my nose is getting mixed up a bit now that our potted hyacinths are fully open, but I'll be leaving the house to run errands in a little while so will smell it in isolation.

Galatea, I laughed at your response. It is NEVER going to be spring again. That's certainly what it feels like.

I'll have to add Le Labo to my orange blossom fetish. STC is getting a lot of sample orders from me lately. I am on a buying freeze, but somehow it's ok to order $20 worth of samples every few weeks. I just finished reading Candy Perfume Boy's guide to Ouds, and now I want a full sample set of those too. Maybe I need to stop reading perfume blogs ;P

Oh what I'd give for some of L'Occitane's discontinued Fleur d'Oranger! It was a huge favorite of several of us at my office and none of us have been able to find it anywhere!!!!

Blog Entries

I have a bottle of the old L'Occitane Fleur d'Oranger home fragrance-- the short, round fat hammered glass bottle-- that I sometimes wear as personal fragrance, misted over clothes.

I also had a bottle of their Fleur d'Oranger edt which I bought off eBay, but it was too sweet and heavy for me-- I only liked the dry down-- so I resold it. You should create a saved search on eBay, bogsc. They do pop up from time to time.

30 roses, I used to have a saved search in eBay but just about the only thing that ever showed up was the home fragrance or the solid, which just didn't smell the same to me. It's been awhile since I've searched so think I will set up a new saved search!

Blog Entries

I've just drawn the winners' names--

Mheusler-- mailed

google.plex1-- need address

SaNielsen-- mailed

Congratulations, please PM me your names and address and I will mail the packages first thing tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th March 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: We have winners-- Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca Drawing

Congrats to the winners!

Blog Entries

I still need googl.plex's address...

edit: got it! Will be mailed this afternoon.

Mailed
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 26th March 2013 at 01:24 AM.

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

I'd like to do more research into the Aqua Allegoria line, as it's clearly got a different vision than the core Guerlains. When I tried Angelique-Lys, Figue-Iris, Lys Soleia and Mandarine-Basilic (all likable, sheer feminine florals and fruits), I felt like I was dipping into the shallow end of the Guerlain pool, not ready to wade into the deep. I'm not sure I was getting any projection or longevity. Great bottles and boxes, but kind of pricey for such gentle-touch fragrances (kitten paws?).

Cherry Blossom and Lavande Velours didn't appeal to me (though I love LV's hardcore lavender opening). These two felt a bit thin and unfinished to my nose, especially Cherry Blossom.

Thanks to 30Roses for hosting another Pass, right on the heels of Peoneve.

I look forward to reading the reviews as well. There are always so many scents to try and so little skin and time. Every day when I read the threads here I rack up more scents I want to sample.

Yay! Thanks for the opportunity to try these lovelies.

There are always so many scents to try and so little skin and time. Every day when I read the threads here I rack up more scents I want to sample.
    . Amen to that... for me it was the tuberose thread...

Lisa

- - - Updated - - -

3/28 Lovely samples arrived today, and what a good day for it-- looong day at work. Going to try one at a time.

Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca -- what a bright, happy thing this is. I feel pretty! Husband said,"Oooh, I like that one". It's sweet, soapy, fresh, and...too bad it's limited edition.

- - - Updated - - -

3/30. AA Flora Nerolia: this one is hard to describe. I would say it's just too dusky for me. It has a dealbreaker component, ? iris.

I am passing my samples to Galatea8 to continue the fun. Have a lovely weekend everyone! Lisa

Blog Entries

I didn't realize that you had updated the thread with your impressions, SaNielsen. That maddening "update" feature fails to bump the thread!

Thanks for sharing, and for passing the samples along to Galatea8.

Hopefully MHeusler and googl.plex1 will receive their samples soon, if they have not already done so.

Default Re: Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca Drawing reviews

Thanks for the update SaNielsen. Hmmmm, I tend to shy away from soapy and clean, and head straight for dusky. But I've been starting to wear some of those clean ones to the gym. I'm not sure that's a great idea since I may learn to associate those with pain and never want to wear them normally

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I didn't realize that you had updated the thread with your impressions, SaNielsen. That maddening "update" feature fails to bump the thread!

Thanks for sharing, and for passing the samples along to Galatea8.

Hopefully MHeusler and googl.plex1 will receive their samples soon, if they have not already done so.
    Yes, it really is annoying! Can't wait to get my samples from the very kind SaNielsen!

Thanks for the update SaNielsen. Hmmmm, I tend to shy away from soapy and clean, and head straight for dusky. But I've been starting to wear some of those clean ones to the gym. I'm not sure that's a great idea since I may learn to associate those with pain and never want to wear them normally
    Love it! I am the same with "soapy" usually. The Bianca was just so well-scrubbed and smiley. I don't think I found the right wording for the other sample... If they were sister's I'd say Flora was the haughty one.

Got mine!

Not in love with the Flora. Haughty is a good adjective is, that animalistic note murders it for me Drydown is more enjoyable I think, but this isn't something I would wear or want to smell on a woman, that's just me though.

On the other hand.....

The Bianca is quite pleasant. Love this smells like it could easily belong in the Prada men's line. Bright, fresh, a hint of soapiness. Love the orange blossom too. I would wear this.

Blog Entries

Thank you for your impressions, Mheusler.

So, that's two of you who like the Nerolia Bianca but not the older, discontinued Flora Nerolia.

Basenotes Institution

...I'm enjoying the drydown now. It reminds me a bit of the drydown of the old, discontinued L'Occitane Fleurs d'Oranger.
    ((ears perking up)) I own & love that L'Occitane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    ...I'd like to do more research into the Aqua Allegoria line, as it's clearly got a different vision than the core Guerlains. ..
    If you haven't please try Pampelune, Herba Fresca, Mentafollia, Grosellina and/or Winter Delice - my favorites.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

I hope googl.plex1 will post a review soon....

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ((ears perking up)) I own & love that L'Occitane.

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven't please try Pampelune, Herba Fresca, Mentafollia, Grosellina and/or Winter Delice - my favorites.

Love Herba Fresca (own it) - so fresh and real and crisp. I can't wear it when it's cold, though - it seems wrong.

I got my samples from SaNielsen yesterday. I will wear the Bianca today and see! Thanks!

Blog Entries

I'm just giving this a bump and hoping for some more reviews.

I wonder whether googl.plex didn't receive his samples?

And what did you think, Galatea8?

I'm just giving this a bump and hoping for some more reviews.

I wonder whether googl.plex didn't receive his samples?

And what did you think, Galatea8?
    Thanks for bumping this. I went to review the new one and saw that my post was last and so it wouldn't have bumped it up.

Anyway, I have only worn the new one once. My husband liked it enough to comment that I smelled good. I liked it ok. Not great. I only wore it once, so I need to wear it again to be fair, but it smelled... hollow. Like the first scent of the neroli, and then a blank space, and then faint orange blossom for a minute, and then just the bitterness of orange peel. I thought it needed something in the middle there.

I have not worn the older neroli yet as several people mentioned iris, and I have disliked iris in the past. Perhaps I will be brave today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    No, though I'm fond of many orange-centric fragrances, my favorites being MPG Sanguine Muskissime, Atelier Orange Sanguine (1st hr) & FM Bigarade Concentree. Moschino Friends always smells like oranges to me

I heard it's got bitter orange w/ orange blossom.. Can't wait 2 try it!
    I tried Atelier Orange Sanguine because of this thread and actually returned it to Sephora. The first hour was good, but then the bitter old orange peel smell overwhelmed me. It smelled like eating an orange in my car and then leaving the peel there overnight.

Blog Entries

That's interesting, Galatea8-- I never smelled iris in Flora Nerolia; I don't like iris either, it seems, as I sold my Iris Pallida after I could not get over finding it a depressing scent.

So give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah that annoying update feature!

My husband loves Orange Sanguine and it smells fine on him, but I am personally not a fan of citrus type orange scents; I prefer lemon/grapefruit/lime notes.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th April 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Ooh, this sounds like a must sniff for me! Wonder if it's available in the UK?

That's interesting, Galatea8-- I never smelled iris in Flora Nerolia; I don't like iris either, it seems, as I sold my Iris Pallida after I could not get over finding it a depressing scent.

So give it a try.
    I get gardenia. A lot of gardenia. I only got the bitter neroli for 10 seconds at the beginning. But it's very pretty, and no, I don't get any iris, either. I like it much better than I like the new one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Ooh, this sounds like a must sniff for me! Wonder if it's available in the UK?
    According to a member of Fragrantica who contacted Guerlain, it will be available in the UK
    on June 15.

I have the two samples of AA Nerolia Bianca and Flora Nerolia... I am happy to send the new AA Nerolia Bianca on to someone. I am going to wear the Flora Nerolia today again, and then it might come available, too... anyone interested?