Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fragrance net/BeautyEncounter/scented monkey/fragrancex/amazon

Which online retailor is best? Is there a general consensus as to which is most reliable and has the freshest juice? Who as the best shipping and return policies? And lastly who sells the most reliable high end, luxury, niche fragrances?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Fragrance net/BeautyEncounter/scented monkey/fragrancex/amazon

Haven't had any problems with Fragrancenet. Pretty good.

Lately Beautyencounter has had some really great prices, check out their deals of the week. Living in Canada I do most of my shopping with Fragrancex because they offer free shipping on every order.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither one of those you listed.
    Fragrancenet and beautyencounter have horrible shipping which takes at least a week to recieve item

scentedmonkey owns and operates a bunch of other sites one of them being perfume-worldwide.com and they have really bad and unprofessional customer service. they will put you on hold for 20 minutes or even longer at times. just a shady company all around

fragrancex is expensive

amazon is hit or miss. most of the time it is expensive compared to the others.

My 2 favorites are lilydirect.com .cheapest and fastest guaranteed

theperfumespot.com not the cheapest but great customer service and fast shipping

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually look through Beauty Encounter, Fragrancenet and Fragrancex. I've ordered mostly from fragrancex due to free shipping, but I've recently placed an order with BE which went well. I've got an order right now with fragrancenet which should be here either today or on Monday. They all seem to ship in about a week which is fine by me.

I haven't tried any others but these three seem to work well for most.

I just ordered two bottles of GIT from Beauty Encounter and all went very well. The only problem is I live in Southern California where BE is located and as a result, I have to pay sales tax. Evenso, the current price at BE for these two items was still cheaper than Fragrancenet, whom I use quite a bit as well, where I am not charged sales tax.

Both are excellent places to shop imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Neither one of those you listed.
    Fragrancenet and beautyencounter have horrible shipping which takes at least a week to recieve item

scentedmonkey owns and operates a bunch of other sites one of them being perfume-worldwide.com and they have really bad and unprofessional customer service. they will put you on hold for 20 minutes or even longer at times. just a shady company all around

fragrancex is expensive

amazon is hit or miss. most of the time it is expensive compared to the others.

My 2 favorites are lilydirect.com .cheapest and fastest guaranteed

theperfumespot.com not the cheapest but great customer service and fast shipping
    Funny you mentiined liliydirect. Recently I received a 2.5oz tester of GIT from them and had to return it. It was horrible juice. So so weak, lasted maybe an hr. It smelled of GIT so I dont think it was a fake but the juice was bad. No projection, no longevity...and I have owned GIT several times.

I probably wont use them again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I would rate Amazon No 1 thanks to their customer service and the way they handle problems with the order. However, the selection seems limited and the price is slightly higher but then you'll receive free shipping for over $25 which no other discounter can match

I have no problem so far with my purchases from Fragrancenet

I used to be a loyal customer of Beautyencounter until they decide to scratch of the batch numbers from the fragrances they sell (other discounters do not). Since the completion of the bottle is also a big deal to me, I stop using them

Fragrancex is just so frustrating to deal with due to their rubbish "credit card verification" system and they also have the worst customer service I've ever experienced

Haven't used Scented monkey

Of those you listed, I would say Fragrancenet. Never a bad purchase with them.

Amazon - Normally pretty good, but they have been known to deal with bad merchandise unknowingly (I assume). But their customer service is A+.

Beauty Encounter can have some good prices, but you will need to be patient. Shipping can take a LONG time... And I have had a few "less than ideal" situations with BE (a bottle that had already turned bad, scratched off batch numbers)

ScentedMonkey - only dealt with them once - will not use them again.

Never used FragranceX (that I can recall anyway).

For the majority of my purchases, I try to get from the source (the manufacturer's own site), or from a reputable store (Macys/Saks Fifth Ave/ Neiman Marcus/etc.). You pay a little more, but you will be sure you will be getting top notch legitimate stuff.

There is a seperate forum for online retailers I believe.

I use Fragrancenet never had any issues, using them through Ebay is faster.

Parfum 1

Post Thanks / Like

I had good experiences with Fragrancenet. I only once had an issue with them, happened just recently when I got my 4 oz Aventus - it seemed off by a few ml's. I'm wondering if someone previously used it and then returned it. In any case, I got it as a gift so I didn't do anything about it. But if I got it myself, I would have probably returned it for an exchange.

All in all, I'm satisfied and will continue shopping with them. I hear they have a really good return policy as well.

Amazon isn't bad either, just make sure you either deal with Amazon directly or a reputable merchant.

Ive sent a query to Fragrance net like 5 times. both email and net inquiry. no asnwer.............. maybe cheap but no customer service is pretty bad
    ďArenít you a little short for a stormtrooper?Ē

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FRAGRAnce.net is great. got my l'occtaine in 5 days. scentedmonkey has no niche. i try to buy used bottles off of ebay mostly though

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Funny you mentiined liliydirect. Recently I received a 2.5oz tester of GIT from them and had to return it. It was horrible juice. So so weak, lasted maybe an hr. It smelled of GIT so I dont think it was a fake but the juice was bad. No projection, no longevity...and I have owned GIT several times.

I probably wont use them again.

Funny how you think lilydirect actually manufactured that bottle or poured the juice in the bottle in the back of the house..

How is it their fault? What kind of a logic is it to blame the retailer for the manufactured product?

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how you think lilydirect actually manufactured that bottle or poured the juice in the bottle in the back of the house..

How is it their fault? What kind of a logic is it to blame the retailer for the manufactured product?
    What are you talking about?

Because it seems like they're selling old or possibly fake bottles, which is indeed their fault.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you talking about?

It is perfectly stated what I am talking about.

Since you have hard time understanding that it is not lilydirect's fault that Creed products have various and inconsistent batches, I can understand why you dont understand what I am talking about either.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or does it seem as if Attila is offended bcuz I didnt like my service from lilydirect?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Because it seems like they're selling old, or possibly fake bottles, which is indeed their fault.
    How can they be selling old stock at those prices when they are selling them like hot cakes?

I am aware of when they had those GIT's for cheap as hell and wanted to order one but took my sweet time which was a couple of days and they were gone. and why is it that it is creed products that people are complaining about but not any of the other products they sell? is it something new? does fragrancenet not have bad batches of creed products? I see people complaining about them too. Its just obvious and ridicilous to blame the retailer. Its not hard to see

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or does it seem as if Attila is offended bcuz I didnt like my service from lilydirect?

Yes I am offended because I own the company. and regularly buy from my own company in california and have my perfumes shipped to illinois

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...00883699130981

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...00829689372016

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99000863998431

I also recieve my packages in very nice white usps boxes since i own the company. never mind I get no discount.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/328...=1#post2870797

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My go-to sites for designer fragrances and some niche are Amazon.com (directly, not 3rd party seller) and FragranceNet as I've never had any issues with them in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

How can they be selling old stock at those prices when they are selling them like hot cakes?

I am aware of when they had those GIT's for cheap as hell and wanted to order one but took my sweet time which was a couple of days and they were gone. and why is it that it is creed products that people are complaining about but not any of the other products they sell? is it something new? does fragrancenet not have bad batches of creed products? I see people complaining about them too. Its just obvious and ridicilous to blame the retailer. Its not hard to see

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am offended because I own the company. and regularly buy from my own company in california and have my perfumes shipped to illinois

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...00883699130981

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...00829689372016

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...99000863998431

I also recieve my packages in very nice white usps boxes since i own the company. never mind I get no discount.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/328...=1#post2870797
    I seriously doubt you own the company and if you do shame on you for trying to plug you company. This threat was not about lilydirect. But if you do own the company im waiting on my refund bcuz my GIT I received was some crap. Not saying it was a fake but the juice wasnt up to par by any means. You should be offended and find a way to quickly rectify the issue before you go plugging your "company".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was being sarcastic.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 24th March 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: removed bits that weren't nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Parfum 1
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been very happy lately with Parfum1 and Fragrancenet.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used of them and they are all good. For amazon, just make sure that it is sold by amazon and not third party.

I have to put in another plug for Beauty Encounter. I just (10 minutes ago) pulled a package from them out of the mail that contained the Ambre Sultan that I ordered 2 days ago. The juice is perfect and the box looks as good as if I had made the purchase at Barneys New York. The best part is that I only paid $68.95 although I did see that the price went up about $11 the day after I ordered mine.

This is only my second order from Beauty Encounter, but the Green Irish Tweed I bought from them a few monts ago was awesome as well. The only real difference with this order was that they shipped the Lutens in a bubble envelope whereas they shipped my GIT in a sturdy box. No harm, no foul though, since the Lutens arrived totally undamaged.

Post Thanks / Like

+! Four recent orders, all received very rapidly with perfect communication through the whole order process and all packed perfectly and all of the bottles completely intact. Always a 15% coupon available, free shipping at the price point that usually buy at and a few niche brands available as well as being a Slumberhouse authorized re-seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Parfum 1