Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bond No. 9?? Help!!

I finally decided to purchase a Bond No. 9 fragrance. I looked them up and there are so many to chose from. Which ones do the Basenotes readers recomend to me? I want something that will say WOW!!!!!!!! since I am going to invest so much money on one. Thanks all for your help.

Default Re: Bond No. 9?? Help!!

The only one I have tried that I felt was tolerable to OK is Riverside Drive and I have tried quite a few in the line.

Riverside Drive is the best Bond in my opinion
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

New Haarlem, Riverside Drive and Chez Bond IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Riverside Drive is very good and also Chez Bond if you don't already have GIT. Once my bottle of GIT is gone I will get CB next time. They have many scents that to me are very similar, but they do have a few good standouts.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

If you can wear it discreetly enough not to overpower anyone (including yourself), then from top to drydown New Haarlem is one of the finest fragrances in existence.

Post Thanks / Like

I recommend you go and sniff them all. If you blind buy based on someone elses recommendation, you're destined to be disappointed, and out a lot of money.

My favorite is Eau de New York

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I recommend you go and sniff them all. If you blind buy based on someone elses recommendation, you're destined to be disappointed, and out a lot of money.
    +1. Perhaps you could tell us what kind of fragrances you like? That would help us make some recommendations.

My personal favourite is I Love NY for Marriage Equality.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite fragrance is L'Instant de Guerlain, followed by: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf, Bleu de Chanel, Allure de Chanel, Encre Noir de Lalique and Green Irish Tweed by Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

Bleecker Street, New Haarlem, Riverside Drive and Wall Street are some of my faves. I do like Chez but have GIT and to a rookie like me they smell a lot alike.

Quote Originally Posted by RUDOLFO512 View Post
    My favorite fragrance is L'Instant de Guerlain, followed by: Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf, Bleu de Chanel, Allure de Chanel, Encre Noir de Lalique and Green Irish Tweed by Creed.
    I love NY for All and New Haarlem are sweet gourmands. Chez Bond is similar to GIT. Silver Factory is another good one if you enjoy incense. The Harrods line is very good also, but expensive. Your best bet is to get some samples on ebay, or find a store that carries the line, because blind buying at that price is never a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I think I will buy some samples on EBay.

Yes, definitely a good idea to sample as many as you can. I have been let down by more than I have liked from Bond (although a few are great). Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I hated Wall Street at first...but it was me just over-applying via bon bon. I ended up absolutely loving it and purchasing a full bottle about a year later. I'd give Wall Street a try if you're looking for a non-traditional aquatic, it's a definite head-turner. I tried Fire Island recently and it seems a bit feminine and too much like Coppertone, which I love them smell of...but wouldn't spend $200 to smell like $7 tanning oil.

H.O.T. Always & Great Jones. Bond's Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

New Haarlem would be my first choice followed by Marriage Equality then it's a toss up between Coney Island, Little Italy, Riverside Drive, Eau de New York, Bleeker Street, and Silver Factory. Those are my favorites of the line. I really like I Love New York For All but it gets cloying to me super fast even if I apply just a little bit. I really like Bond no 9, they don't get a ton of love here on BN but I think that a lot are really great, there are quite a few that aren't so great like any other house, but there are a lot of good one's in my opinion.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hamptons. Although its almost a mirror image of silver mountain water, I think it's one of their best summer offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried a lot of Bond fragrances, but have found just a few as truly bottle worthy. The one I like the most is I Love New York for Marriage Equality. This one is underrated IMO and not very talked about on the boards. After that, I like New York Oud and New Haarlem.

As others have mentioned, definitely try before you buy.

EDIT: I tried Harrods Amber just now and, judging from my first impressions, this can very well be my new favorite Bond fragrance. It is simply amazing. Very nice and smooth. I hear this is just a toned down version of New York Amber, but I like this one much more.
    Last edited by CaliDude; 23rd March 2013 at 01:23 AM.