Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi UOMO : it's so dark?

I bought a couple of bottles of Trussardi Uomo -blind buy, high price too, I had to buy two- and I was astonished since it seems so "dark and dirty", almost unpleasant on my skin.
    Is this your impression?

I mean this perfume, the bottle seems a sort of "alligator skin":

Last edited by Andrè Moreau; 23rd March 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Default Re: Trussardi UOMO : it's so dark?

Maybe you've lucked out and got the old version - the tester in the shop where I tried it had a "dirty" sort of uber masculine scent. But when I bought the boxed scent, I had a cleaned up, "nice" version of it.
    Regards,
    Renato

The old, "alligator skin bottle"-version, has indeed this dark, slightly dirty, quite overwhelmingly powerhouse note.

I love Trussardi Uomo and have that alligator bottle and a much smaller glass aligator inspired sized bottle (without the plastic covering) that is splash. Frankly I don't ever think I could finish the large bottle in my lifetime.

Living in a warm and humid climate, IF I want to wear this, I can only dab a little bit on my neck. No way do I do a "two / three sprays to the chest" routine. It would be too overpowering. Maybe at night, a la Chanel Antaeus (same thing I cannot wear it here in Honolulu, just my opinion). I'd actually love to purchase Antaeus, but having this takes care of my need for an older masc. hairy chest early 80s dark cologne.

Just try squirting into your finger and dab a little here and there. People will get a nice flowing and subtle whiff.
    Last edited by vertatre; 23rd March 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertatre View Post
    I love Trussardi Uomo and have that alligator bottle and a much smaller glass aligator inspired sized bottle (without the plastic covering) that is splash. Frankly I don't ever think I could finish the large bottle in my lifetime.

Living in a warm and humid climate, IF I want to wear this, I can only dab a little bit on my neck. No way do I do a "two / three sprays to the chest" routine. It would be too overpowering. Maybe at night, a la Chanel Antaeus (same thing I cannot wear it here in Honolulu, just my opinion). I'd actually love to purchase Antaeus, but having this takes care of my need for an older masc. hairy chest early 80s dark cologne.

Just try squirting into your finger and dab a little here and there. People will get a nice flowing and subtle whiff.
    Perfect technique for this juice in that climate! It's good to know that there are Basenoters out there that know how to apply juices such as this. And yes, this is the 1980's. Leonard Pour Homme is very similar - so if you love vintage Trussardi, give Leonard a try.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Leonard Pour Homme is very similar.
    And much better IMO.

Like and own it. Might have to look into that Leonard Pour Homme you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrè Moreau View Post
    I bought a couple of bottles of Trussardi Uomo -blind buy, high price too, I had to buy two- and I was astonished since it seems so "dark and dirty", almost unpleasant on my skin.
    Is this your impression?

I mean this perfume, the bottle seems a sort of "alligator skin":

that's the first reformulation...i have the vintage and it has only these ingredients - alcohol denat, parfum, aqua, diethylphthalate 88% vol...it's also made by scanon paris - italy

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by exploretoi View Post
    that's the first reformulation...i have the vintage and it has only these ingredients - alcohol denat, parfum, aqua, diethylphthalate 88% vol...it's also made by scanon paris - italy

best regards
    Still very good.

I found Trussardi Uomo a bit too green for me in a way that did not sit well. I may have to try it out again. Is it still easy to purchase ?

Regarding Leonard pour Homme, this is a good one, but a bit more subdued and wearable for me. I like it, but not sure how often I would wear it. Still debating a bottle after such a long time.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by exploretoi View Post

best regards
    I have the vintage first also ...
    I also had a mid 2000's release .
    I must say that the the later formulation , lasted longer .

cheers

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

definitely not for my skin, too dirt/leathery
    if someone is interested in one of the bottles, please send me a private message.

pm sent