Code of Conduct

Default Skulls and Roses - Ed Hardy

I bought Ed Hardy's Skulls and Roses for Him today as a blind buy as it was going cheap.

I'm not sure what to make of it - it has a note that tickles my nose in it, which sort of reminds me of a similar note in another scent (possibly Joop NightFlight, but I don't own it so can't compare). Anyhow, while objectively I'm not overly wowed by the scent itself, I find that I can't stop sniffing it on my wrist.

Certainly though, its black skull bottle holding a rose in its mouth has to be the most unique scent bottle I've ever seen.

After seeing that I'd bought three bottles of scent for myself (Skulls & Roses, Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers and Paul Smith Man), my wife reminded me that it was our anniversary tomorrow.

So back I went into Priceline, looked around, and blind bought her a 100ml bottle of Ed Hardy's Skulls and Roses for Her. When we got home she was a bit taken aback by her white skull bottle, but was very impressed with the scent.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on Skulls & Roses?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Skulls and Roses - Ed Hardy

Have tried it, a slightly generic and inoffensive, but by no means unpleasant male floral (or, at least, with some floral notes present). Nothing outstanding, yet a solid and generally likable fragrance choice, also quite likely to be considered among the more contemporary, trendy offerings.

I really want to find this. Just for the bottle! But i've never seen it anywhere at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Have tried it, a slightly generic and inoffensive, but by no means unpleasant male floral (or, at least, with some floral notes present). Nothing outstanding, yet a solid and generally likable fragrance choice, also quite likely to be considered among the more contemporary, trendy offerings.
    Thanks for that. Actually, I'm scratching my head as to what to make of this scent. It started off for several hours as the scent with the unusual sharp note that I had to keep sniffing, then that note wore away, then I could hardly smell anything and I thought the scent was about to conk out, then it came back with some strength as a spicy musky scent that didn't smell much at all like the original scent I'd sprayed.

One certainly get plenty of variety wearing this one.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I really want to find this. Just for the bottle! But i've never seen it anywhere at all.
    I never saw it before today either - I hadn't known it existed until I saw it on sale for $29.
    Regards,
    Renato

No special thoughts about the fragrance, but happy anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No special thoughts about the fragrance, but happy anniversary!
    Thanks very much.
    Regards,
    Renato

The scent is quite similar to A&F Fierce/Platinum Egoiste/Mont Blanc Legend. The bottle is pretty cool!

Yes, this is Ed Hardy jumping on the Fierce bandwagon. A slight variation of it.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE