Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default O'driu: Where to find samples?

So, I've been catching up on some reading of my favorite blogs, smellythoughts, sorcery of scent, and nero profumo, and all of them are mentioning O'driu and Pregoni as an experience I apparently shouldn't miss. Well, after a cursory search of the world-wide web, I can't seem to find a way to get my paws on the fragrances three of my most respected printed noses praise.

Anyone know where to get some samples? I assume there is some service via the site directly, but it is all in Italian, and while that's my heritage, I can't read it or understand it for my life.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Default Re: O'driu: Where to find samples?

Suggest ask member Beranium Chotato?

http://www.odriu.com/en/shop.aspx#ad-image-0

I gave up on ordering samples for the official website. It seems like the order form is geared towards European customers and some of the information they insisted on having to complete the order did not make sense to me. I asked a couple of questions about how to complete the form, and they seemed to be asking for some sort of personal identification number. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    I gave up on ordering samples for the official website. It seems like the order form is geared towards European customers and some of the information they insisted on having to complete the order did not make sense to me. I asked a couple of questions about how to complete the form, and they seemed to be asking for some sort of personal identification number. Any idea?
    It's relevant only to EU customers for shipping/customs, O'Driu just needs something for paperwork. I gave my driver license #, but I'm sure even something randomly generated would work.

Alaform ?

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by null set View Post
    It's relevant only to EU customers for shipping/customs, O'Driu just needs something for paperwork. I gave my driver license #, but I'm sure even something randomly generated would work.
    This. I used my Social Security Number and added an extra zero or two, I believe to get it to work.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Member

Me too was interested in sampling this unusual perfume house only to find their site rather confusing and not so friendly to non-Italian speaking customers. Did like the background music though, the tune is called Una Furtiva Lagrima, from an Italian opera. So I contacted them and they kindly told me that they don't send out samples for free but you can order them right here:

Also you need to provide them with your Social Security number or NiN (National Insurance Number).

Samples order page:
    http://www.odriu.it/en/modulo_ordine.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by silkfire View Post
    Me too was interested in sampling this unusual perfume house only to find their site rather confusing and not so friendly to non-Italian speaking customers. Did like the background music though, the tune is called Una Furtiva Lagrima, from an Italian opera. So I contacted them and they kindly told me that they don't send out samples for free but you can order them right here:

Also you need to provide them with your Social Security number or NiN (National Insurance Number).

Samples order page:
    Thank you for the link. Do you know which scents/how many are included? Seems like a great price (about $13 USD) if it was a whole house sampling.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Basenotes Member

They send you the entire fragrance range, both women's and men's scents. Will make my order on Monday!

They send you the entire fragrance range, both women's and men's scents. Will make my order on Monday!
    Wow, that's really awesome! I'm definitely placing an order! The only issue I have is that all of the selectors are still in Italian, and they ask you what province you live in, which I don't, but you have to fill it in with something. Same with "kind of address." Everything is in Italian.

EDIT: I just put in random things and mentioned in the box my proper address and that I was from the States, and that if they had any problems they could email me and I would get back to them. I ordered the samples. I hope I like them!

EDIT 2: Good lord these are expensive fragrances to buy normally (non-samples). 380 euros is the price for most, which is nearly $500. Some are around the 180 euro mark, but still.
    Last edited by OctaVariuM; 23rd March 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Samples order page:
    Thank you! I jumped all over that. Tried a couple from O'driu and was really impressed, can't wait to try the rest.

Basenotes Member

So I've been on a serious sampling spree the last couple of weeks and today I received my samples from O'Driù, the only way to get them was from them directly. And they sent me all of their 16 fragrances!

Take a look at the envelopes (they where all packed in a huge cardboard box, I was thinking: "I did order perfume samples, right?"):

Those who've sampled them or own a bottle, which one were your favorites?

So I've been on a serious sampling spree the last couple of weeks and today I received my samples from O'Driù, the only way to get them was from them directly. And they sent me all of their 16 fragrances!

Take a look at the envelopes (they where all packed in a huge cardboard box, I was thinking: "I did order perfume samples, right?"):

Wow! That's impressive looking. I ordered mine a few weeks back and have not received them yet. How big are the vials in mL's would you say? The standard .7mL? Have you tried any yet?

Basenotes Member

I just dared open one envelope. It contained a steel blue feather and a metal cage for a cork (!) together with a card with the sample attached to it, a standard glass phial half filled, so I assume it's 0.5ml then. I know their fragrances are super expensive so probably that's why.

This was JMT (Jasmine Mean Time) by the way which is discontinued and limited edition :P

----

Opened another, this one also had the same steel blue feather in it, but this time an empty tea bag wrapper with a portrait of an Italian lady on it...
    Last edited by silkfire; 8th April 2013 at 09:33 PM.

Sound Scents

My favorites are Lalféorosa, Supercilium (own), Linfedele Haiku (own), Lalfeogrigio, Laltrove 1001, JMT and Laurhum (own).
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Great news, can't wait to receive mine! If its not too much trouble, could you post a pic of the vial(s) silkfire?

I loved Vis et Honor. If this isn't uber-niche I dont know what is.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Basenotes Member

The vial looks like this:

Subcilium came with a torn out page from an Italian book :S

----

Okay I've sampled a couple now but they're way too many for me to sniff them all, plus there's too many to keep track of in my head which is already aching after so much sniffing.

Extremely niche fragrance house, all of them I tried either smell like chemicals, mentholiated whafts or fecal/earthy. Thank God for samples, I say! I sampled Slumberhouse for the first time today too and they remind each other ALOT. Experimental not exactly wearable scents.

Thanks a lot silkfire, appreciate it. Looks like they've put a lot of effort into the presentation. Keep the impressions coming!

Admittedly I've only tried 1005 and 1006, but they don't remind me of Slumberhouse much.

O'Driu seem much more experimental to me, and very sharp.
    I'm keen to try the rest of the O'Driu range but of the two I've tried I don't get the same feeling as from Slumberhouse. Slumberhouse feels warm and cosy to me, which the O'Drius I've tried are missing.

Slumberhouse's fragrances seem more blended - you get the opening, and then you get the drydown which moves and shifts as it progresses. Notes that ebb and flow amongst each other, all the while remaining easily identifiable as part of the same fragrance.

O'Driu I get discrete layers that transition well from one to another without doubling back on itself.
    This gives the fragrance more of definitive journey, but neither 1005 or 1006 is one I want to take. Nonetheless their unique smells have piqued my interest, and a sample set order is forthcoming. Cheers.

Basenotes Member

One of the envelopes contained a bunch of black and white photos of random people, looked like they were taken 50 years ago, but no fragrance; its label was something illegible "Auyelo Oreio Prefam". Got to sleep now, will give more impressions in a day or two.

Sorry, I didn't mean that they are identical but their experimental vibe is pretty equal, it smells like nothing I've smelled before and is closer to chemicals (something you clean certain parts of your car with) than a true fragrance. But I'm new to niche so I'm widening my views on what a fragrance can be as well.

Slumberhouse was better at evoking a positive mood within me and one scent made me recall a lovely day outdoors when I was a child

Sorry, I didn't mean that they are identical but their experimental vibe is pretty equal, it smells like nothing I've smelled before and is closer to chemicals (something you clean certain parts of your car with) than a true fragrance. But I'm new to niche so I'm widening my views on what a fragrance can be as well.
    Oh it's not just you that's drawn the comparisons - if I recall Alfarom has recommended O'Driu to fans of Slumberhouse.

As I said, I've only got two (and only tried those once). Even though I love vetiver, the mint, ginger and salt of 1005 was never going to be something I liked. The 'feminine' 1006 was much more preferable to my nose, but still nothing near being able to justify the price.

This is gonna be the House of the Month, followed by reformulation rumors and some of the fragrances discontinued.
    I couldn't help myself, samples ordered.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

I really think they're priced too high for me. Lord help anyone who falls in love with their Art -Perfhumance range.

Also, what about some of these notes? I don't want to come off as being critical of the fragrances themselves, but some of the notes in the descriptors take pretentious 'perfume-speak' to a whole new level.

I can only hope they're Italian expressions that have been lost in translation.

Ladamo contains notes of wind, a bath in the water, and the hug of a woman.
    Leva contains under the sun, a smell in the wood, and the nightmare that reveals the pleasure.

The Linea Su Masura gets even weirder; what smells are these? The listening, any drug, liberty dragonflies, the degree of suffering with which a woman punishes who she loves?
    Is there a nose out there than can clearly identify notes of fox-fur over, say, rabbit fur?

And finally, there are the 2800 Euro bottles that get even wackier.
    Fears routed by the jasmine;
    Every time I’m burning;
    Pluto’s beloved nymph;
    Pink carnations, whom sprout out from Maria’s tears, washing at the source; and
    The sociality of juniper, on the edge of alwayness

I mean....really?

(clasps hands to heart) It's poetry.

I ordered the samples too. At least, I hope I did. I got a weird Paypal error in Italian, but I think it was just telling me it couldn't get back to the O'Driu site. My account got charged, so I hope I will get an envelope of interestingness.

Sound Scents

One of the envelopes contained a bunch of black and white photos of random people, looked like they were taken 50 years ago, but no fragrance; its label was something illegible "Auyelo Oreio Prefam".
    I believe that one says Angelo Orazio Pregoni (the perfumer for all the compositions and the driving force behind the house of O'driu)...
    Last edited by drseid; 9th April 2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: additional descriptor added...
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Member

I've decided to throw all samples into the bin. These 'scents' are so out of this world and chemical that they make me sick almost physically. They give me no joy whatsoever instead it feels like they were created by someone who was really depressed or confused mentally, and that makes me depressed too. Sorry.

I've decided to throw all samples into the bin. These 'scents' are so out of this world and chemical that they make me sick almost physically. They give me no joy whatsoever instead it feels like they were created by someone who was really depressed or confused mentally, and that makes me depressed too. Sorry.
    Now I understand why some companies make it hard to get their samples. You could have sent them to someone else!

Hi guys. You do know about this thread? http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289...ve-Obsessions)

If not, please do have a look.

My favourites are Linfidele 1003 (own), Vis Et Honor, and the Laltroves.

I also really like Secraction which is by Angelo Orazio Pregoni but not part of his O'Driu range, and there is a new one Splash. Very approachable, very wearable.

Don't say sorry. Its all subjective right? Please don't throw in the bin. I enjoy all of the creations, except the fenugeek laden Ladamo.

Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

I don't get Slumberhouse and O'Driù to be similar at all but they're definitely two of the most interesting houses of the last 5 years or so. I'm so glad these people are getting some attention. Whether you'll like their fragrances or not, they surely push the whole perfume thing a step forward (or beyond, if you prefer). They challenge, stimulate, provoke, disgust, thrill, excite, move, gross out, enchant or whatever other feeling depending on one's personal approach but, in the end, they won't leave you indifferent.

If we assume that fragrance can be an art just like music, painting, poetry and cinema, just like those forms of art, it is not necessarily meant to simply entertain. Art can be much more than entertainment sometimes...

Enjoy your experience, keep your minds open.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thank you everybody, for helping me finally figure out how to place an order for their samples! Order placed! CANNOT WAIT!

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASURE FACTORY -- the name that will appear on your credit card statement

^^^ get ready for a "weird" moment with your postman delivering you a "pleasure factory" parcel...

^^^ similar to what women must endure when they receive packages from "Nasty Gal"

@Alfarom-LOL, I live in an apartment and the initial parcel was too big to be delivered. Therefore, I went down to the Post Office to pick it up. Of course there was a line-up, I think pretty much everyone saw the gigantic PLEASURE FACTORY labelling. To hide, or to spite my embarressment I said to clerk, "Don't fuss, its not inflatable."

Sweating I took the parcel and scampered into the night.

This will be happening again, a few newer samples are on their way..............

What to say this time?

Regards Rex

I stick to my usual "Damn, I keep to f***ing fall through these f***ing things...."

@trex57 -- next time try something like "I'm putting these boys into some serious over-time!"

Lol, I had the same awkward moment yesterday when I picked up my samples from the post office. I brushed it off and said "oh, must be the inflatable Italian girlfriend I ordered" (I'm quite comfortable with the lady at my post office).

Wow, so many samples, It's going to take me a while to get through all these. Right now I can say that the presentation and the amount of work that goes into this sample package is amazing.

Basenotes Member

JiveHippo and Octivarium, I'm happily awaiting your reviews right here ^^

I have yet to receive mine, which stinks since it's been a while. Maybe next week.

Basenotes Member

Ask them for the tracking number. They send you the box with Italian Post.
    Last edited by silkfire; 11th April 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Ask them for the tracking number. They send you the box with Italian Post.

Here's mine for reference:

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?tn=RA717676562IT
    Thanks. I never got a tracking number, so I sent another message to Anna who handled my order. I'm definitely looking forward to trying these. I figure even if I don't like them, it will be nice to expand my horizons more. Does anyone know if you get the one you pee in? I really hope you do.

I think passing the samples onto someone else instead of throwing them into the bin would have been a much nicer act towards other members who might not have access to this brand and are curious to explore it and towards the brand itself which showed some genuine generosity and put so much effort in manufacturing those samples for you. Just my two cents...

Basenotes Member

Calm down, I haven't thrown them into the trash, just put them away until I'm ready to revisit them. But I doubt I'll ever like any of the scents. They all smell the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Does anyone know if you get the one you pee in? I really hope you do.
    Lol, you do not get Secraction as I believe it's not part of O'driu's regular line. I received a sample from trex57, it is very good stuff.

Would you have added the secret ingridient anyways?

Basenotes Plus

I have yet to receive mine, which stinks since it's been a while. Maybe next week.
    It's been three weeks for me. Not worried about it, but it's nice to know that I can request a tracking number. I'll do that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Lol, you do not get Secraction as I believe it's not part of O'driu's regular line. I received a sample from trex57, it is very good stuff.

Would you have added the secret ingridient anyways?
    Oh yeah, for sure. I mean it's weird, but I'd love to try it out sometime.

Oh yeah, for sure. I mean it's weird, but I'd love to try it out sometime.
    You're a brave man. If you do get the chance, be sure to lay off the asparagus for a while beforehand.

Basenotes Member

Thanks. I never got a tracking number, so I sent another message to Anna who handled my order. I'm definitely looking forward to trying these. I figure even if I don't like them, it will be nice to expand my horizons more. Does anyone know if you get the one you pee in? I really hope you do.
    I didn't get a tracking number either, I found it on the parcel itself after it had arrived. But I wanted to know where my package was and Anna replied to me she's keeping track of it lol.

The one you pee in? What'you mean?

The one you pee in? What'you mean?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/317...Driù-fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by dvdlpznyc View Post
    @trex57 -- next time try something like "I'm putting these boys into some serious over-time!"
    ROTFL, I wish I had the stones to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I stick to my usual "Damn, I keep to f***ing fall through these f***ing things...."
    Tsk, Tsk, dirty and funny. Good man

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post

And finally, there are the 2800 Euro bottles that get even wackier.
    Fears routed by the jasmine;
    Every time I’m burning;
    Pluto’s beloved nymph;
    Pink carnations, whom sprout out from Maria’s tears, washing at the source; and
    The sociality of juniper, on the edge of alwayness

I mean....really?
    O'driu is certainly setting the bar high. If they can get all that into a bottle they deserve 2800 Euros. Jeez, if they can get being on the edge of alwayness they deserve 2800 Euros.

I am so intrigued by Secraction, mainly as a self-challenge. Even though I _think_ I'm bold and courageous, do I actually have the guts to piss into a tube mixed with aromatics, then splash it on my neck, and walk around in public with a "straight face" ????? If I did, I'd smell like lots of vitamins and coffee and vodka

Quote Originally Posted by Dernier_Cri View Post
    O'driu is certainly setting the bar high. If they can get all that into a bottle they deserve 2800 Euros. Jeez, if they can get being on the edge of alwayness they deserve 2800 Euros.
    Hahahaha alas not all those notes are in the one bottle - those are the more choice accords I picked from their high-end range.
    But yes, alwayness is rarer than hen's teeth

Thank you for giving directions on how to get samples from O'Driu. It worked well. I got my sample pack this this morning from "The Pleasure Factory" - it was signature required for delivery! A funny moment really.

The fragrances are fantastic, thick, opulent, rich, and densely assembled. The included photos, feathers and envelope displays set a mood and atmosphere for the fragrances. Very plush! My favorites after brief testing are: Vis et Honor, Linfidele Haiku, Supercillium, and Laiferosa. But many others are good too, but these stood out. All of the O'Driu fragrances are challenging and have a hyperreal quality because of the intensity and variety of ingredients. The combinations are very artistic statements. More testing is needed.

Glad you're enjoying this stuff, Buzzlepuff

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    My little package from the Pleasure Factory arrived today. No blowup doll , just a bunch of samples.
    Man, I wonder where the heck mine are? Did they deliver them to your house, or did you get a receipt saying you had to go to the post office? I've gotten nothing, and no tracking or information whatsoever.

Basenotes Plus

Man, I wonder where the heck mine are? Did they deliver them to your house, or did you get a receipt saying you had to go to the post office? I've gotten nothing, and no tracking or information whatsoever.
    Had it sent to my office. It was sent "Signature Required".

Interesting, although they charge 9,90 euro, cost them 18 euro to mail.