Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: O'driu: Where to find samples?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Interesting, although they charge 9,90 euro, cost them 18 euro to mail.
    That was one thing I thought when I placed my order. I almost felt a little guilty knowing that the shipping would be more expensive than the fee.

I'm still waiting for mine. I can't remember where I requested these be sent, which might be a problem with the signature requirement.

I ordered mine on March 23, and it arrived on April 16. Pretty good deal (16 samples) for under $15.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    I ordered mine on March 23, and it arrived on April 16.
    Same story here.

Just got mine today.

This is very odd packaging. One of my 16 envelops had no fragrance in it, just some pictures. The others all have one in it, along with strange things like pictures and feathers. I'm not sure which one I am going to wear today...I'll probably just pick one at random or read some reviews on Fragrantica from Alafrom. So far I'm thinking Lalfeogrigio.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by silkfire View Post
    I've decided to throw all samples into the bin. These 'scents' are so out of this world and chemical that they make me sick almost physically. They give me no joy whatsoever instead it feels like they were created by someone who was really depressed or confused mentally, and that makes me depressed too. Sorry.
    This response motivated me to place an order.
    Last edited by deadidol; 20th April 2013 at 07:08 PM.

I ordered on March 23 and received my flat-pack inflatable doll on April 16 as well... despite everything that's been said here, nothing quite prepared me for the box that arrived (although the Pleasure Factory label wasn't almost as glaring as I'd feared).

I've been sampling them slowly, at the rate of less than one a day simply because it's been an exhausting week, but also because they demand close attention. I've made my way through Linfedeles 1003, 1004 and Haiku and am moving on to Subcilium, and still have a whole stack of envelopes to go. Initial impression is that the O'driùs are real shape-shifters. The openings are huge and develop very rapidly - if I didn't sit around and pay attention for the first ten minutes or so I would have missed a whole panoply of notes marching past. But they tend to settle down quickly after that, and sit rather close to the skin. And as always, I enjoy the drydowns much more than the openings. Not sure yet if they justify full bottles but I'm glad to have been able to try them, and glad for the company's generosity in shipping these samples worldwide so inexpensively (which is much more than can be said of several other houses I'd like to try).

I don't quite get the comparisons with Slumberhouse, except that both are made by perfumers who evidently do as they like and have very distinct signatures. Someone on another thread wondered if Slumberhouse fragrances were challenging. These are more challenging. At least, the openings are; the drydowns are considerably more wearable. In comparison, Slumberhouse frags are so comfortable they're almost like coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by rowan- View Post
    I ordered on March 23 and received my flat-pack inflatable doll on April 16 as well... despite everything that's been said here, nothing quite prepared me for the box that arrived (although the Pleasure Factory label wasn't almost as glaring as I'd feared).

I've been sampling them slowly, at the rate of less than one a day simply because it's been an exhausting week, but also because they demand close attention. I've made my way through Linfedeles 1003, 1004 and Haiku and am moving on to Subcilium, and still have a whole stack of envelopes to go. Initial impression is that the O'driùs are real shape-shifters. The openings are huge and develop very rapidly - if I didn't sit around and pay attention for the first ten minutes or so I would have missed a whole panoply of notes marching past. But they tend to settle down quickly after that, and sit rather close to the skin. And as always, I enjoy the drydowns much more than the openings. Not sure yet if they justify full bottles but I'm glad to have been able to try them, and glad for the company's generosity in shipping these samples worldwide so inexpensively (which is much more than can be said of several other houses I'd like to try).

I don't quite get the comparisons with Slumberhouse, except that both are made by perfumers who evidently do as they like and have very distinct signatures. Someone on another thread wondered if Slumberhouse fragrances were challenging. These are more challenging. At least, the openings are; the drydowns are considerably more wearable. In comparison, Slumberhouse frags are so comfortable they're almost like coming home.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I've decided to indeed wear Lalfeogrigio today and just go in order of how they appear on Fragrantica. My package was pretty straight forward looking, with just a little label saying the name of the company like any other package. I look forward to trying these on the weekends when I am not in school (I figure that's probably a good idea considering how expensive they are, how close you have to pay attention, and how generally odd they are supposed to be).

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like the first 4 or 5 I smelled in the sample bottle all smelled fairly similar, with just that big woody/spicy feel to them. Also interesting, as I mentioned to drseid in a PM, that the feminine ones don't really smell feminine to me, in the bottle at least.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like the first 4 or 5 I smelled in the sample bottle all smelled fairly similar, with just that big woody/spicy feel to them. Also interesting, as I mentioned to drseid in a PM, that the feminine ones don't really smell feminine to me, in the bottle at least.
    I'd say - Linfedele 1004 is the only supposedly "feminine" one I've tried so far, and all I can say is that anyone who buys perfume marketed along those lines is going to be in for a shock right from the big savage opening blast of cumin and spice. What kept me from washing the thing off was an intriguing hint of coffee - a very dry, unsweet roast - and toasted cereal ghosting beneath the BO, and I just had to wait around to see what Pregoni did with it.

I think I'm beginning to recognize the underlying O'driùade, which is probably what you're smelling. It's hard to mistake them for any other house I've smelled, but at the same time I could probably tell each of them apart if I smelled them again (though I should add that I'm only at number four - check back again when I'm done with all 15). I'm wearing Subcilium now so Supercilium is next, and possibly Lalfeogrigio after that. Anyway I'd like to hear what you think of the O'driùs when you've tried them.
    Last edited by rowan-; 20th April 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Simply astonishing and crazy presentation, they send a copy of Angelo's passport from the 70's ...
    odriu.jpg
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Simply astonishing and crazy presentation, they send a copy of Angelo's passport from the 70's
    Ha! That's great!
    Really digging the aesthetic, and I'm hearing lots of good things about the scents themselves -- and even the bad things I'm hearing ("They give me no joy whatsoever instead it feels like they were created by someone who was really depressed or confused mentally, and that makes me depressed too") makes them sound fantastic!

I got my package today, after panicking and sending an email to Italy three days ago....

Oh. My. God.

I don't even care what the fragrances are like. As an artist and designer, this alone was worth way more than thirteen dollars to me for my fondling and admiration.

The presentation is just swoonworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by compassrose View Post
    i got my package today, after panicking and sending an email to italy three days ago....

Oh. My. God.

I don't even care what the fragrances are like. As an artist and designer, this alone was worth way more than thirteen dollars to me for my fondling and admiration.

The presentation is just swoonworthy.
    pics!

Looking to order myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Looking to order myself.
    I just ordered a few days ago. I hope I get something badass and not like a piece of cheese or some toenail clippings or something. The stuff I've seen arriving so far has been pretty far out: feathers, cool old images, passport photos etc. I'm also hearing great things about some of the scents.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I just ordered a few days ago. I hope I get something badass and not like a piece of cheese or some toenail clippings or something. The stuff I've seen arriving so far has been pretty far out: feathers, cool old images, passport photos etc. I'm also hearing great things about some of the scents.
    It's pretty much all what you described. Photos, feathers, and pieces of interestingly pattern cloth. The main point is the scents, of course, and the one I tried (Lalfeogrigio, which I did a review of on my blog if you want to know how it is) I really liked. Of course, you couldn't buy it if you wanted since there were only ever 8 bottles.

I placed a sample order and I can't tell if it went through. The money came out of my PayPal but I got an odd error message after being re-directed to their site.

I excited to try the line but I gotta say that I'm almost hoping that I hate everything because it's priced insanely IMO.
    Yes, fragrance art and likely great materials but..........oy vey.....

That's exactly what happened to me, evogel. (The Paypal system error, that is.)

I... was hoping the same, but I have to say, I'm wearing Lalfeogrigio today, and if the rest of them are like this I'm going to be pretty sad. I smell the similarity to Slumberhouse, a certain earthiness and realness, and I had the same kind of emotional reaction putting it on and smelling it - "oh yes, this is home ground for me."

Oh....CompassRose.........you had me at Slumberhouse......

So, based on you getting that error as well, I hope that I will receive my samples......I think....!
    Thank you for mentioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    That's exactly what happened to me, evogel. (The Paypal system error, that is.)

I... was hoping the same, but I have to say, I'm wearing Lalfeogrigio today, and if the rest of them are like this I'm going to be pretty sad. I smell the similarity to Slumberhouse, a certain earthiness and realness, and I had the same kind of emotional reaction putting it on and smelling it - "oh yes, this is home ground for me."

Lalfeogrigio is suave-er, a bit more consciously sophisticated - but yes. I think it was alfarom who originally noted a similarity there, which was what made me keen to try O'Driu in the first place. A spiritual kinship, I think, along with smells that are not typical "perfumey" smells but evocative, rich and deep.

I am so looking forward to the rest of these. Sixteen samples!

Trying Lalfeorosa today, which on my skin has so far been unfolding like an easier-to-wear Lalfeogrigio with a spectacular rose note and a puff of incense. Both of them have been very enjoyable... should I be glad they seem to be out of stock?

I'm halfway through my stash now (!) and the ones I've tried mostly begin with huge opening blasts that belie very comfortable drydowns. I find it interesting - I'm perfectly happy wearing these as skin scents for nobody's pleasure other than my own, but the openings always make me wonder if I've overapplied them by far.

I wonder what I should try next. Ladamo perhaps? I'm intrigued by the comparisons with Fareb.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It's pretty much all what you described. Photos, feathers, and pieces of interestingly pattern cloth.
    Ooh interestingly patterned cloth - picture? I like seeing seeing how the extra bits and bobs and packaging have evolved over time - the ones I got look closest to these (posted by BN user null set on another O'driù thread here).

Sound Scents

Trying Lalfeorosa today, which on my skin has so far been unfolding like an easier-to-wear Lalfeogrigio with a spectacular rose note and a puff of incense. Both of them have been very enjoyable... should I be glad they seem to be out of stock?
    I think both Lalfeogrigio and Lalfeorosa are indeed completely sold out (and have been for quite some time). As all the O'driu core line fragrances are limited editions, once they are gone, they are gone (and those two were quite limited indeed at only 8 pieces ever made each). As for Lalfeorosa itself, it is (was) my favorite from the house and I generally agree with your description. "Top 5" caliber stuff for me.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Yup, I agree that Lalfeogrigio and Lalfeorosa are both stunners. It seems like they were sold out a while ago. The friendly Anna from O'Driu sent me a sample of Labrazo. An hommage to a famous artist, this knocked my socks off. Unfortunately, once my sample is gone thats it. At 2800 euros for a bottle, a sample it is.
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Lalfeogrigio is definitely one of my favorites as well but I don't remember myself comparing it to Slumberhouse. I think these two lines share nothing if not just an "arty" approach to perfumery. They're both extremely unconventional but whereas O'Driù has a remarkable '700 vein, Slumberhouse feels definitely much more modern. With that said, they're still two of the most daring lines of the past 5 years or so....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Lalfeogrigio is definitely one of my favorites as well but I don't remember myself comparing it to Slumberhouse. I think these two lines share nothing if not just an "arty" approach to perfumery. They're both extremely unconventional but whereas O'Driù has a remarkable '700 vein, Slumberhouse feels definitely much more modern. With that said, they're still two of the most daring lines of the past 5 years or so....
    Although I've still yet to try the O'Driu (samples are on the way), Angelo (and Anna) and Josh are fans of one another's work. I'm just glad people like this exist in perfumery.
    Here's Angelo at work: http://www.insideart.eu/2012/07/11/p...mise-en-abyme/ -- click the image and it'll scroll through the slideshow

Although I've still yet to try the O'Driu (samples are on the way), Angelo (and Anna) and Josh are fans of one another's work. I'm just glad people like this exist in perfumery.
    Absolutely.

That's interesting to know. I was about to ask if anyone knows what Josh thinks of O'driù, or if he had anything to say about any of their perfumes in particular (or vice versa, for the matter).

That's interesting to know. I was about to ask if anyone knows what Josh thinks of O'driù, or if he had anything to say about any of their perfumes in particular (or vice versa, for the matter).
    Josh adores O'Driù.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Josh adores O'Driù.
    Would you happen to know if Josh has any favourites from the line?

Would you happen to know if Josh has any favourites from the line?
    Lalfeogrigio and Lalfeorosa.

Very interesting info, thanks all.

Got my box from PLEASURE FACTORY yesterday afternoon. Huge box! And the attention to detail put into packaging is insane. 15 fragrance samples total, each attached to its own specific picture card, each containing some sort of picture or poem, each containing either a champagne metal-cradle or at least one feather, each in its own envelope, each individually brand-sealed, each double-stamped with the brand logo. A whole stack of stuff! Took me 30 minutes to unwrap and wrap my mind around it all!od1.jpgod2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dvdlpznyc View Post
    Got my box from PLEASURE FACTORY yesterday afternoon. Huge box! And the attention to detail put into packaging is insane. 15 fragrance samples total, each attached to its own specific picture card, each containing some sort of picture or poem, each containing either a champagne metal-cradle or at least one feather, each in its own envelope, each individually brand-sealed, each double-stamped with the brand logo. A whole stack of stuff! Took me 30 minutes to unwrap and wrap my mind around it all!od1.jpgod2.jpg
    Yup, their presentation can't be beat IMHO. They are also nice people if you have questions. Happy sniffing.

Rex
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

My package arrived!
    Given the price he sells he sells his full bottles for, I'm sure he can afford it -- but he can't be making any money on these AMAZING sampler sets!

You know, I have to say that fascinating as these scents are, I would be pretty miffed had I spent a fortune on any amount of any of them. All the five or six I've tried are briefly very, very interesting, but man, they last not at all. They're usually gone within a couple or three hours -- and I mean gone. I usually wear scents (that I like and actually want to experience) by putting some on my torso under my clothes as well as on wrists and things, which should mean that even something fast-fading should offer something if I take a whiff down my top -- but these? Nothin'.

(It does speak well of their probable mostly-natural origin, though.)

I haven't actually tried them yet, but it seems like he's creating this stuff more for art performance than commercial usage. I wonder if that has to do with anything?

Is it me, or does Lalfeogrigio literally smell like piss and vinegar?
    I'm digging it, but it's got some really suspect notes floating through it!
    Last edited by deadidol; 11th May 2013 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    All the five or six I've tried are briefly very, very interesting, but man, they last not at all. They're usually gone within a couple or three hours -- and I mean gone. I usually wear scents (that I like and actually want to experience) by putting some on my torso under my clothes as well as on wrists and things, which should mean that even something fast-fading should offer something if I take a whiff down my top -- but these? Nothin'.
    On me, many of them stop projecting rather quickly. I can smell them for 10+ hours but only if I have my nose right up against my skin. I have to say that one problem I have with the O'driùs is their disproportionately loud opening. They dry down very quickly to quiet, even cozy skin scents that make me wonder if I should have applied more - and then I remember the opening and think, uh, no.

I haven't actually tried them yet, but it seems like he's creating this stuff more for art performance than commercial usage. I wonder if that has to do with anything?

Is it me, or does Lalfeogrigio literally smell like piss and vinegar?
    I'm digging it, but it's got some really suspect notes floating through it!
    Possibly, re. performance art. I get a very prominent, very metallic note early on in the drydown of Subcilium that is uncomfortably reminiscent of blood on my skin - is that O'driù's rendition of a super-metallic vetiver and herbs? It's there in Supercilium as well, but it's much fainter and less distracting.

Samples of Peety (Secraction) and Eva Kant available:
    http://www.odriu.eu/store/products/3-samples.html
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Thanks for the link.

Well, here we go, the usual stuff from Orazio:

odriu1.jpg

odriu2.jpg

But here is the new thing, which I won't reveal what contains:
    odriu3.jpg

Did anyone else got this? Haha...
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

They amaze me with their incredible sample packs. I hope that they realize how much this is appreciated!

Even more amazing still, are the fragrances. I can't get over them. One better than the next. Supercilium is still the stuff of my dreams though. A seemingly simple composition based on vetiver but there is inherently so much more, be it the ingredients or some magic. If I were to scent my dreamscape, I think the Supercilium would be my first choice. One day, a bottle will be mine. Yes, it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Well, here we go, the usual stuff from Orazio:

odriu1.jpg

odriu2.jpg

But here is the new thing, which I won't reveal what contains:
    odriu3.jpg

Did anyone else got this? Haha...
    Come on, reveal the secret!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Hindu Kush

Just got this. So happy! They're really generous, kind, and fun, that was a Wonderland box, I can't wait to test all the ones that I've not tried yet.

My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

The mother of creative sample kits.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Good news - as of yesterday (July 2) you can now buy O'driu fragrances - and samples - at LuckyScent.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...84%A2driu.html

Happy 4th of July!
    That is great news - thanks for the heads-up!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

It should also be mentioned O'Driu suspended their own sample service - dang, it was a great deal!

Basenotes Plus

Some samples are still available on the website or via Luckyscent.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Well the conversation about this juices are too good to pass so my nose will be sniffing this ones by next week I just purchase all samples available on Lucky Scent, some of the notes on this look very interesting can't wait.