Code of Conduct

Unhappy Creed EdTs (grey tops)...talk to me!

Hey guys,

So with the sad news that Creed is slowly but surely discontinuing the very history of the company itself, in its grey tops, could you talk me through your experience with them. I only have the Millesimes available to sample where I live as there is literally two stores in my city that stocks Creed. As a result, I haven't had the chance to try out the Creed EdTs that are still available.

I know the likes of Vintage Tabarome and Vetiver 1948 are almost impossible to find now but what do you make of the others and which are worth snapping up before they are long gone?
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Default Re: Creed EdTs (grey tops)...talk to me!

I own all of them. My preferred are Royal Scottish Lavender, Vetiver, Royal English Leather, and Orange Spice.

Basenotes Junkie

I really like Zesty Mandarine Pamplemousse which I own, and I also like Baie De Geniever (strong juniper berry / oldschool smell).

Zesty is a great citrus / orange transitioning into a smooth musk / ambergris.

Baie de Genievre is a good one.

Basenotes Junkie

Baie de Genievre is actually very good. It's sort of oldschool woodsy / juniperyu.

The only problem with BdG is the fact that it's a whole lot of alcohol in it - so much that it kinda burns me a bit just after application. But hey, so worth it ... I feel all fancypants when I wear it.

I'm a fan of Epicea, Baie de Genievre and Acier Aluminium.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Chevrefeuille Original is fantastic and you can still find bottles on ebay I think. That would be my top recommendation.

Thanks guys! Anyone else any experiences with them?
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Acier Aluminum is my favorite Creed. It's somewhat old school, but very unique. I haven't smelled anything else like it. It has one of the best, smoothest ambergris dry downs that you will find. And yet some how it doesn't have that same old boring base that many of the Millesimes have. Probably because it was pre Olivier. Thankfully.
    It's good stuff.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Love them all. Start with the quirky soliflores - Royal Scottish Lavender, Chevrefeuille Original, Citrus Bigarrade, Santal Imperial. Yes, they have other notes skillfully blended in, but the high-quality simplicity of these fragrances lends an air of refinement and elegance. The other grey caps are great, too. I'm especially fond of Ambre Cannelle, Acier Aluminum, and Vetiver 48. Bois de Cedrat - an outstanding citrus for spring and summer. Seriously, if you're at all interested you should track them down now, before they all become impossible to find and sky-high priced. Superior investment value, too.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 24th March 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Royal English Leather is my favorite leather fragrance.
    Royal Scottish Lavender is my favorite lavendar fragrance.
    Bois de Cedrat - very nice warm weather lemon fragrance. Just bought a flacon of this recently.
    I would highly recommend trying these.

I can live without the others, but I have never tried Vetiver 48 or Ambre Canelle.

Vetiver 48 is my absolute favorite, brings tears to my eyes to see this discontinued .

I would use my Royal Scottish Lavender much much more if I weren't so worried that I will not be able to get another bottle when mine runs out. It is my favorite lavender.

My favourites are Baie de Genièvre and Angelique Encens. Does Bois du Portugal count as greycap? If yes, then that one is also a fave of mine. Oh, and if Jasmal counts too, then also that one.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    My favourites are Baie de Genièvre and Angelique Encens. Does Bois du Portugal count as greycap? If yes, then that one is also a fave of mine. Oh, and if Jasmal counts too, then also that one.
    BdP doesn't count.
    As far as I know the greycaps are EDTs. The others are EDPs (Millsimes).
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Citrus Bigarrade is probably my favorite grey cap. Other favored discontinued Creeds (besides the Tabarome and Vetiver '48 you mentioned) are Angelique Encens, Windsor, Selection Verte (flacons only), Green Valley, Bois de Santal, Santal Imperial, Epicea, Baie de Geneviere (vintage only), and Cypres Musc.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626