Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain 180 ans

Understand that this was a 'not for sale', customer appreciation release commemorating Guerlain's 180 yrs.

1. 5 ml is selling for 55 online, so my question is, is the 180 ans worth spending the amount, even for such a small volume?

From BN, I went through the threads and do find it interesting, creation is typical Guerlain... If anyone is wondering, this is my 2nd post on Guerlain in 1 week, I am revisiting classic houses, starting with guerlain and others to follow in the near future...

If I do find a FB of 180 ans, will it be worthy to spend around 400+??? I own the extracts of Jicky and Shalimar and while I did spend 300+,I have no regrets...

Your thoughts please and thank you in advance for your suggestions...

Default Re: Guerlain 180 ans

IMO Not worth it.

It would be a great fragrance to have as its very rare and for any Guerlain head is a cherry on top fragrance/bottle to own. If you love the brand, guerlinade accord and an aficionado then owning the bottle is a must. As for the sample, its not worth it IMO, with that money you could get a decent fragrance.

Guerlainista

I have a bottle of it, and I'm happy to have it. It feels like one of the Art et la Matiere series. I wouldn't pay too much more than the retail price of one of those (maybe $300), unless you are a serious collector. Definitely don't pay that much for the sample - that's insane.

It's a very nice, smooth, rich gourmand with a lot of vanilla and tonka. It's bit like Tonka Imperiale, but the opening is nicer.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Agree with Rubegon - it's another terrific riff on the Guerlinade, drier and crisper than some, but not worth spending that sort of money on for a few spritzes - put it towards a bottle of Mon Precieux Nectar, Shanghai, Tonka Imperiale depending on your preference, all of which are related in their own way.

The card comes with the bottle mentions that this is a contemporary amber fragrance, and from what i see there are two parts; the first part is a sheer combination of the classic with a tiny bit of animanic note but not as strong as those you find in Mouchoir de Monsieur or Shalimar. So if you liked those classics, you probably would enjoy this part the best. The other part, the dry down is a mixture of modern Guerlain's with Guerlinade, the signature vanilla note just like mr. reasonable Rubegon said above.

I'd say this is a very good composition and could see this becomes a member of Les Parisiennes series.

I own a 20ml size of this, got it in a swap ages ago. No, I did not have to give up my first born or my soul for it. LOL

Lovely fragrance and yes the opening and middle classic Guerlainaid and wonderful. The dry down has the pink pepper etc which changes it to a modern Guerlain. Is it worth the high prices it goes for, no. The price has more to do with the fact it was never available for sale. Yes, it would fit into Les Parisiennes series.
    DONNA

^ fingers crossed apple sauce
    Les Parisiennes or les Parisiens

Guerlainista

It seems like more of a L'Art et la Matiere to me. We may very well see it come back as part of one of the exclusive lines.

What we need is a few dozen hype threads on BN about it, with raving fanboys lamenting its absence and making overblown pronouncements about how amazingly mind blowingly awesome it is. Maybe a few survey threads where it blows away a handful of other popular high-dollar fragrances.

They are reading you know.

For me, I'll say that it would be the next Guerlain exclusive I buy if it were available again. My wife is blowing through my bottle at an alarming rate. She wears it in the evening on a regular basis, 8 sprays at a time.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

you're better off buying Tonka Imperial...it has a similar feel to it.