Code of Conduct

Default Spring scents 2013

Where I am it looks like the dead of winter, but supposedly it's spring... What scents are you lovely people looking forward to wearing when spring finally gets its act together? What are you wearing to imagine it's already here?

I am waiting till proper spring to wear Annick Goutal Un Matin d'Orage again. I think it works well in snowy weather too, but I want to save it until spring. I'm saving the dregs of my L'Artisan Parfumeur until spring, when I'm going to test it, and then potentially buy a bottle. Though I might be tempted by Jo Malone Orange Blossom instead.

I'll also be wearing my staple Paul Smith Rose, a very pretty tea rose which works in all weather but is particularly suited to spring. Also my sample of Penhaligon's Elisabethan Rose - another tea rose, but one which manages to be both Turkish Delight sweet, and after-the-rain fresh. And Penhaligon's Malabah which to me is sweet lemon tea, the only lemon scent that doesn't make me smell public toilets!

I'll also be interested to see how the two loves of my life (or at least the past 6 months or so), Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau and Borneo 1834, are in warmer weather. They're delicious, comforting scents for autumn and winter, so it will be interesting to see how I perceive them when it's warmer.

How about everyone else?

PS Apologies if a similar thread already exists, there are a couple of similar threads on the boys side but I couldn't find one over here. If I've missed it, feel free to merge

Default Re: Spring scents 2013

Pd'E Azemour is one I am wearing now, along with La Reine Margot. When the weather finally warms up I'll wear La Haie Fleurie,
    Iris Ukiyoe, Jasmine Summer, AA Ylang et Vanille, Le Temps d'une Fete, Osmanthe Yunnan...

I'm looking forward to wearing more:

Osmanthe Yunnan
    Cristalle eau verte
    Fracas
    Un Jardin sur de nil
    Vetiver Tonka
    Vanilla Insensee
    Heeley Sel Marin

I'm looking forward to adding to my collection (funds permitting!)

APOM pour femme
    Orange Sanguine
    PdE Iskander
    Carnal Flower
    Love by Kilian

To celebrate the spring, I'm drawn towards Joy and espeically my favorite Paco Rabanne Metal, fresh green. In general, I see myself using more green chypres, especially Tiare. I am a man, but I think these could work for a woman as well.

But your Jeux de peau and Borneo will continue to be perfect.

cacio

For me, a new one, Chanel 1932, will make a hugh showing I imagine.
    Eau de Lalique wears best in cool spring I find.
    L'Artisan Premier Figuer Extreme is another I wear alot in the spring.
    Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Ete gets high rotation this time of year also.

Lots of others, but those popped into my head as a few that I wear mainly in warm but coolish weather. Our summers are very hot and dry, so there is a big weather transition that sometimes changes my fragrance choices.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    to celebrate the spring, i'm drawn towards joy and espeically my favorite paco rabanne metal, fresh green. In general, i see myself using more green chypres, especially tiare. I am a man, but i think these could work for a woman as well.
    Lol! cacio is funny.

I wear Metal a lot in the spring, too ...I hope I can pull it off, hehe.

I've been itching to wear my mother's vintage-60s Diorissimo, which is actually mine now since she recently gave it to me, but I still think of it as "Mom's Diorissimo." It's simply adorable, and very special.

1932 will of course be wonderful for spring, but I'm already thinking of it as plush-enough-yet-bright-enough to be all-seasons appropriate ...but you're probably right, cello. I'm imagining it'll be extra-special on soft, warm spring evenings. The Chanels I tend to save only for warm weather are Bel Respiro and Cristalle Eau Verte, which are actually hot-weather favorites since they're great all summer long.

Chamade is always a springtime favorite, as well as Balmain's original Vent Vert, Caron Infini, Penhaligon's Bluebell, La Perla Parfum Privé, Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte, Ava Luxe Pivoine Rose, Revillon Detchema, Fabergé Babe, Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, YSL Paris, Norell, Oscar de la Renta, Gianfranco Ferré, and Keiko Mecheri's White Petals ...any one of which I can very easily imagine wearing with a pretty little sundress to a sunny spring wedding or an Easter egg hunt. Glorious, sparkly and radiant florals and vivacious, fresh greens, tender or snappy, seem to be what's called for.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Oh, so many... but l especially agree with ExtremeK about Un Matin d'Orage. lt has to be properly spring before l wear this beauty again.

Also;
    Carnal Flower; works well on cold & sunny winter days, but even better in spring.
    Flower Market by Lush; perfect for damp spring days. l always get told l smell like a bouquet of flowers when l wear this.
    Narcisse Noir; the very epitome of rising sap for me, & all the naughty thoughts that that evokes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

My spring fragrances are as changeable as the weather -- moody, bright, tender, green, sunny.... There's a wide range, but I won't be diving into my bigger florals (tuberose, jasmine, and gardenia) until summer.

Here are some that will be in the rotation (including some I'm already wearing):
    • Bois de Violette
    • Arquiste Aleksandr
    • Eau Duelle
    • En Passant
    • Sonoma Scent Studio Fig Tree and Wood Violet
    • Fleurs de Citronnier
    • Ava Luxe No. 23
    • Une Fleur de Cassie
    • Visa
    • HdP Vert Pivoine

And some new ones I'm sampling and falling for:
    • CdG Series 1: Leaves - Lily
    • Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris and Entre Naranjos
    • Parfumes DelRay Mythique
    • Robert Piguet Mademoiselle Piguet
    • Byredo La Tulipe
    • Van Cleef & Arpels Muguet Blanc
    • Orange Sanguine

Oh, I almost forgot -- I'm also considering a blind buy of YSL Cinema from one of the discount sites. For those of you familiar with my tastes from the SotD thread, what do you think? Would that be a good $45 bet for me?

Yendi EDP by Capucci & Gucci Envy pure parfum (which unfortunately are discontinued). And, for some reason, I like the new L'Heure Bleue and the old Bvlgari Black in Spring.

I am looking forward to wearing in the spring (if it ever arrives):

Annick Goutal - Grand Amour
    Isabey - Gardenia
    Diptyque - Ofresia
    The Different Company - Bois d'Iris
    Etro - Dianthus
    L'Artisan - La Chasse aux Papillons
    L'Artisan - Drole de Rose
    L'Artisan - Coeur de Vetiver Sacre
    Lutens - Bas de Soie

I do like honeyed, peach-y and orange blossom notes. Perhaps some pomegranate? No scent in particular.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Blog Entries

ExtremeK, l think Cinema is worth a go for you. l enjoy its almond blossom & amber notes, especially during the transition from winter to spring, & l have a feeling you would, too.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Osmanthe Yunnan, can't wait. It is so cold though (it snowed where I live this morning) I am only drawn to chypres for now..

Blog Entries

I wear many of my spring/summer florals in winter, but I need warmer weather before I will put on Côté Bastide Tilleul, or my various verbena fragrances, bergamot or lime fragrances. In fact I have not much felt like anything with citrusy/grapefruity top notes, including In Love Again.

But give me a little warm weather and they will all be in use again!

Looking out at a metre of snow outside my house, spring seems a distant memory. My spring scents are Antonia's Flowers - lovely freesia, and good old staple Diorissimo. Instead, I'm cuddled up in Musc Maori to warm my soul.

I'm going to wear:

Coco Mademoiselle
    Coco Noir (in the evening)
    Champs Elysèes
    Roberto Cavalli Eau De Parfum
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her
    Allure