Code of Conduct

Default Need help with Xerjoff?

As you know this is an expensive house. I am planning on getting some samples from this brand. What do you suggest sampling. I like oud and I have few like montale black oud, bond 9 New York oud and pure oud. Does the oud series from this house add to what I have already? And what about the other ones from this house. I tend to like woody and musky fragrances. Thank you.

Banned

Default Re: Need help with Xerjoff?

Dhofar is considered woody and one of their best I believe

Uden and Kobe are my favorite Xerjoff's.

1861 is popular also, though not one of my favorites.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Friends of mine seem to like Kobe, although I personally don't.

Basenotes Plus

The Oud Stars are all well worth trying. XJ Homme is worth a try too.

Expensive, but very high quality fragrances. Uden, Kobe, And Nio are must try's.

Homme is exceptional, apart from vintage Derby my favourite leather. Irisss is also great, but probably not better than Iris Silver Mist. Both created by the very underrated Jacques Flori.

Thanks but, no, I don't need any help with that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    Thanks but, no, I don't need any help with that.
    Maybe you will like it.

Kobe
    Dhofar
    Nio
    Homme
    Richwood

I would stay away from the Oud stars unless you really love Oud as they are not really imo mainstream friendly and are pretty funky except for Mamluk.

The only fragrance I like from the ones I've tried (10 of them) is Lira. It ain't a woody or a musky fragrance. It's a mouth watering gourmand with notes of caramel and vanilla & blood orange. It's not what your looking for, but Lira is my one of the best from Xerjoff imo, and one of my all time favorites. It's worth a shot!

Thanks for the advise. Sampling is going to be interesting as luckyscent don't sample the oud series and they sample some of the others. The perfume court has the oud series but the samples are too small ( half ml) for what I a willing to pay for sampling

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Kobe
    Dhofar
    Nio
    Homme
    Richwood

I would stay away from the Oud stars unless you really love Oud as they are not really imo mainstream friendly and are pretty funky except for Mamluk.
    Yep - Your list agrees with mine. Concerning Oud Stars - The Discovery Set is the only way to go - you'll never need a whole bottle of any of them - Gao is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    Thanks for the advise. Sampling is going to be interesting as luckyscent don't sample the oud series and they sample some of the others. The perfume court has the oud series but the samples are too small ( half ml) for what I a willing to pay for sampling
    Yeah Xerjoff's samples are difficult to get a hold of. Luckily they have the Casamorati Line (which Lira is a part of that line) in my local niche perfume store!

Kobe
    Zafar
    Dhofar
    Homme
    Richwood
    Irissss

for swap/sale:

From their Oud Stars, Zafar and Mamluk are my picks. I quite like the initial phases of Al-Khat as well but, to my taste, it gets waaay too sweet during the drydown. From the Casamorati's range, Fiero is my must-have. A classic aromatic-citrusy masculine with spicy undertones. Top stuff IMO.

The rest of their range never impressed me with the exception of their citrus-centered stuff such as Nio and 1861.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Homme

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDropIt View Post
    The only fragrance I like from the ones I've tried (10 of them) is Lira. It ain't a woody or a musky fragrance. It's a mouth watering gourmand with notes of caramel and vanilla & blood orange. It's not what your looking for, but Lira is my one of the best from Xerjoff imo, and one of my all time favorites. It's worth a shot!
    I've only tried this and Bouquet Ideale but I have to agree with the rest of this...I wish I could afford to buy a bottle but there's nooooo way.

Basenotes has excellent Xerjoff Reviews, including some good reviews for Xerjoff Irisss Stone, which is on my wishlist. I don't know how new regulations will effect it, though.

I think this is such a funny name for a fragrance. It reminds me of "jack off". Sorry but it is the truth! I hope I'm not broking any rules by saying this.

Loved everything I've tried from Xerjoff with the exception of Esquel.

Kobe
    Fiero
    Richwood
    Uden
    Tobacco Oroville

^ These are my top picks.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I bought the discovery set for the entire line.
    I would say the whole range of 17/17 is exceptional.

But the one I fell in love with is Ibitira such a soothing and
    comforting Iriss heaven ( they list Florentine Iriss in the pyramid)

I bought a full bottle of it, and might get another one before
    they discontinue it, especially that its cousin Iriss Ganache has
    been already discontinued