Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday 24th March 2013

Good morning all !. Still below freezing here but the snow has finally stopped. Decided on porridge with brown sugar, cream and a dash of whisky for this morning's starter. Some calorie burning activity may be required over the forthcoming week .

Happy Birthday Sunnyfunny

SotD is Penhaligon's Racquets Formula.

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 24th March 2013

Good morning! Happy Birthday, !
    .......vintage Versace L´Homme

Good morning great-smelling gentlemen!
    Happy Birthday sunny Bunny.
    I am thinking of wearing Hot Couture this morning
    to counteract the icy cold we are still experiencing here.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Pro Fvmvm Roma Ninfea for me today

Blog Entries

Morning all, & Happy Birthday Sunnyfunny!

lt's been snowing here this morning, but it hasn't stayed on the ground. Off to work shortly in L'Instant.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Hello all and happy birthday, Sunnyfunny!

SOTD is Chopard Casmir

A happy Palm Sunday to those who observe and a lovely day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sunnyfunny, we love you and miss you! Happy happy birthday to you.

L'Artisan Fleur de Narcisse for me this morning, to rush in the spring. Cold and snowy here.

Sunnyfunny, my very best birthday wishes for you! I just re-read ('confined' to my house with this ghastly wintery weather outside - STILL) two threads ('En Avion to nowhere' and 'Incestious mixes: Jicky and Mouchoir de Monsieur'). May I offer a generous spritz of Tabac Blond?
    I started out in Black Tie, added some dabs of En Avion and later Acaciosa on my wrists (induced by these threads).

Hello all.

I've just come back from a rather quick but satisfying trip at Esxence, with a load of samples !

Nothing has caught my heart at first sniff, but it's been funny!

SotD is, by chance and thanks to a lady who sprayed me very liberally, Musc by Bruno Acampora, which I happen to like a lot (much more a patchouli than a musk on me), luckily.

Have a nice day
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Afternoon,

Lucky you, Iodine ! Did you bump into Grant or Lila ?
    It's lunchtime and I've not yet spritzed anything. Will go with Jicky PdT.
    Enjoy you Sunday, all.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, SunnyFunny!

Wearing Eau d'Italie Un Bateau Pour Capri.

Wishing everyone a nice and relaxing Sunday!

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Sunday 24th March 2013

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

ODK For Men by Kersauson

Rochas Man

Today I'm trying out Shalimar Parfum Initial L'eau, and it's really rather fabulous

Good morning and happy Sunday. Another cold, frosty day in Nebraska. Wearing Stendhal's Noir Divin today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Guerlain Heritage Edp this morning

Birthday Greetings to SunnyFunny!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

This morning I got nostalgic and put on some Khaki cologne by Love's Cosmetics. I wore this in High School when everyone else was wearing Love's Baby Soft (gak). My husband came in the room and said, "Something's MUSKY, like there's a weasel running around in here"! This may explain my lack of a social life in high school! So now I'm in Oh, ooOoh...oh by Miller et Bertaux, which to my neophyte schnoz smells like Dirty English, but with an interesting edge.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Sunnyfunny!

I'm testing Peoneve again today.

Have to go over to Mom's to spell off the caregiver for 4 hours. Will be taking along a romantic comedy from Redbox, Playing for Keeps.

I'll be doing the drawing for the Aqua Allegoria samples at 7 eastern time this evening, so if you haven't signed up yet, do so!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 24th March 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Hi y'all!

We're having another lazy morning, but the rain is long gone now. I do feel for you that are still in the frigid grip of winter, and I really don't mean to gloat, but it's simply gorgeous here - mid-70s with sunny, bright blue skies ...a perfect spring day! So it's my turn for glorious Diorissimo, vintage 60s edt ...which I actually perceive as a lilac perfume. I do get a hint of what's supposed to be the lotv, but I'm almost convinced it's a phantom note. At any rate, it's a glorious and cheerful yet chic Dior floral - just how I want to smell today.

Happy Birthday Sunnyfunny!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Well happy birthday to Sunnyfunny!

They are racing in the streets in St. Pete today

Wearing Prowl by Neil Morris.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am wearing today John Varvatos for Women. This is the first wearing of this frag and I think it's a little to fruity/floral for me.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

SOTE

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Bogner Deep Forest.

Good Evening,

Dior Homme tonight.
    The 'inclement weather' ( as the Tube announcements put it ) seems to have cheated me out of the weekend: so many plans, so few realised. Ah well, I expect another will come around some time.

Best to all.

I've figured out why this winter JUST WON'T DIE ALREADY! Too many zombie movies. So I blame Hollywood.

I'm sampling Byredo La Tulipe today. Teardrop, my initial reaction is that it was a bit synthetic at the top for a few minutes, but it seems to have dissipated. I'm quite liking it in spite of this little voice in my head telling me I'm too mature for freesia, but this fragrance is just too darn happy for me not to enjoy it. I'm apparently a sucker for happy.

Evangeline and others: if I wanted to sample Diorissimo (the reformulated version -- I just can't allow myself to get hooked on vintages) and I wanted to get as close as I could to the original, which strength should I try: parfum, EDP, or EDT? Thanks!
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 24th March 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happy Day, Sunnyfunny!

WHO WAS IT WHO, A FEW MONTHS AGO, RECOMMENDED I TRY
    GREEN FIG & VANILLA WOODS?
    WAS IT
    TEARDROP?

This morning I've been happily sampling Lucy B Royal Green Fig and Vanilla Woods
    I thought GF&VW might be mired down in syrupy vanilla and coconut, but it's bright and springlike, especially during the opening phase. I couldn't peg what that green top note was until I looked at the the description: It's green pepper. This is the best use of green pepper I've ever smelled in perfumery. It so well counterbalances the sugars and intermixes with the green fig. Brilliant! If only Mr. Q didn't despise fig scents. Of course I like them all.

Now this is a staycation:
    Indulging in soft, delicious, entertaining, good-smelling, bubbly, and loose-fitting things!

Happy Birthday Sunnyfunny!

Lily Angel for me.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Liaisons Dangereuses today. I'm getting ready for the basketball game ... go Jayhawks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Put on Equistrius this morning as part of the back of the wardrobe challenge, and I am reminded of why I don't wear it. Not strong enough. Switching to Noir Epices for the rest of the day.

Knize Ten today.

Cazaubon, you just reminded me that I need to replace my shattered decant of Equistrius. It's plenty strong when about 10ml is seeping into your wood floors.

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I've figured out why this winter JUST WON'T DIE ALREADY! Too many zombie movies. So I blame Hollywood.

I'm sampling Byredo La Tulipe today. Teardrop, my initial reaction is that it was a bit synthetic at the top for a few minutes, but it seems to have dissipated. I'm quite liking it in spite of this little voice in my head telling me I'm too mature for freesia, but this fragrance is just too darn happy for me not to enjoy it. I'm apparently a sucker for happy.
    l think you might be onto something there re. the zombie movies ExtremeK! What is this obsession with zombies all about, anyway?
    l know what you mean about the synthetic opening, but l agree it is a happy little spring scent, & that's no bad thing at any age, l think!

Q, l seem to remember recommending Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle by Lucy B, not the fig one as l haven't tried it, but you make it sound lovely!

Sticking with Guerlain in Samsara this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Q, l seem to remember recommending Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle by Lucy B, not the fig one as l haven't tried it, but you make it sound lovely!
    Ah! That was it. I'll get to that one someday, too.

Blog Entries

SL Un Lys and later tonight I'm switching to Miss Dior Cherie.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

This morning I sampled Un Jardin Apres La Mousson, wore Dior Addict, and later sampled Gucci Guilty Black (men's).
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, SunnyFunny!

SOTD Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarine, applied generously & often.

It's snowing like crazy since 7:30 am, trees are heavily laden with snow. Streets are covered, should be interesting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Evangeline and others: if I wanted to sample Diorissimo (the reformulated version -- I just can't allow myself to get hooked on vintages) and I wanted to get as close as I could to the original, which strength should I try: parfum, EDP, or EDT? Thanks!
    I'm not familiar with any of the current stuff (Les Creations de Monsieur Dior) but I did sample the edt from just before this last reformulation/repackaging, and it was very disappointing, I'm sorry to say. I'd recommend you try each of them, as Les Creations are available in edt, edp and parfum, I believe, but I'd think only the parfum would be very satisfying, if any would be.

However, I really think you should give ebay a shot for a bottle of vintage edt. It's not uncommon to find a ribbed bottle, and that's a great version to get...I think they're mostly edts, and the cap will be etched silver, or a slightly later version which has an off-white plastic cap. They're usually not prohibitively expensive, either ...at least I doubt you'd be able to find a bottle of current parfum for any less, so I think it's worth a shot to get a better fragrance, and an authentic sense of what it's supposed to smell like. I understand if you just really don't want to go this route, but I didn't feel good about responding at all without even suggesting it as I simply don't have any hope for the new stuff.

I'm in Guerlain Iris Ganache for the evening.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

E., what are you doing this late at night? I thought you would be all tucked in. \

ExtremeK -- funny, I wrote the date today at the restaurant "January 84th" and had to explain why to some patrons. Duhhh, because it is the 84th day of January weather we are having today, with accumulation and stuff.