Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge EDC, a Sensory Tour de Force.

I just wanted to share an experience I had with Habit Rouge EDC. A few years ago, when I was doing my PhD, I went to the opera, for a presentation of the barbiere di siviglia. I wasn't quite prepared for what happened. The event was a formal one. I wore my best suit, best shoes, best overcoat, wool hat, silk scarf, leather gloves, and a vintage swiss watch. I decided to wear Habit rouge EDC. It was the first time I had a full wearing of it and I sprayed it liberally. At least 8 sprays, mostly to the chest.

The topnotes of HR EDC are quite beautiful but nothing out of the ordinary. On my way to the theater, everything seemed to be normal. But when I finally got to my seat and the opera began, something started to happen.

Habit rouge started to release delicious, very complex, powdery but masculine waves of notes. I don't know if it was the environment that enhanced the experience (low light, beautiful people, wondeful music, funny plot) but the fact is that I began to feel what I can only describe as paroxysms of pleasure that came in waves together with the perfume. It was an almost sexual pleasure, a strong feeling of excitement. It lasted for the entire performance.

This was probably my best experience with a perfume. Even my favorite fragrance, Hammam Bouquet, was never able to surpass the pleasure obtained with Habit Rouge.

Am I crazy / highly sensitive to perfumes or does this kind of thing happen to other people too? Have you ever had such an experience? Please tell me if you did.

Default Re: Habit Rouge EDC, a Sensory Tour de Force.

Habit Rouge is an overall nice scent for any occasion.

Our senses are there to provide, amongst other things, pleasure. If you can combine several senses in a pleasurable way, that pleasure intensifies. You had several senses stimulated at the same time, as you stated yourself. You were wearing good clothes, you were enjoying good music in good company surrounded by beautiful objects and people; and finally you were having your sense of smell stimulated in a pleasurable way. Of course you reacted as you did, you would not have been human if you hadn't. You should read Aldous Huxley's "Heaven and Hell", if you haven't already. It is an essay about religious experiences, and how they may be orchestrated. One way is by lots of sense stimuli, music, incense and the correct surroundings. We (humans) are easily influenced. I have experienced similar sensations under similar circumstances.

So, not crazy, not highly sensitive , just someone who has learned to enjoy their senses.

I can only agree with that, one of the most complex male fragrance still quite readily and unrestrictedly available in regular retail. Was positively surprised by its complexity from the very first whiff.

Yes, sometimes conditions conspire to produce a truly transcendent experience.
    No reason to suspect you're crazy: We're sensual beings, after all.

Edit: It's worth noting that the amphitheatres in Rome sometimes had fountains spraying perfumed water into the air and that Roman theatres often had their stages perfumes with saffron etc.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 24th March 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Overcome By Fumes

It happens. It's likely that the setting and your preparation factored into your sensory/sensual experience.