Code of Conduct

Default Question about Aventus

So, to my surprise I've recently become a Creed fangirl. It's surprising because I didn't like Creeds for the longest time and was of the "don't see what all the hype is about" school of thought. Then one day I was at work and this man walked by and was wearing something awesome, so I asked, and it was Aventus. Yum! I discovered Silver Mountain Water shortly after that, loved it and bought it! It's my new favorite in my collection. I also like Virgin Island Water and Royal Oud but not enough to own.

My question is, can a woman get away with wearing Aventus? I know, I know, everyone on basenotes says 'wear what you like!' and I will and do! But, seriously, guys: if you smelled Aventus on a (feminine) woman would it put you off? Make you think she was masculine? Strange? Awesome? Your answers won't make or break my decision; ultimately my nose will decide, but I'd still like to know honest male opinions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Infinity; 24th March 2013 at 08:44 PM.

Default Re: Question about Aventus

Personally wouldn't matter to me.

I think there are certain male fragrances I would not like on a woman, but Aventus would not be one of them.

Basically, what you're asking is if it can be considered a unisex fragrance, and I would say yes. SMW and VIW, too! I would love smelling them on a woman.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Banned

If I smell aventus on you, I would think you are a lesbian and it would be a complete turn off for me.
    its just way too masculine for me to accept it on a female.
    Its like Napoleon wearing a thong and asking if it is okay to me.
    You asked for honest opinion.

Basenotes Plus

Infinity, I see no good reason why you shouldn't go with Aventus if it appeals to your nose. I always thought the fruity accord could potentially work for the fairer sex, despite it's overtly masculine marketing. You won't come across as strange at all. Go with your instincts and be awesome .

It's not overly masculine to me, I definitely think a woman could pull it off.

I removed several posts that were offensive and/or off topic. I think you guys can answer the OP's question in a polite and courteous way.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thanks for all the good feedback, guys. Keep it coming. Glad I missed the rude comments. Aint got time for none of that here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    If I smell aventus on you, I would think you are a lesbian and it would be a complete turn off for me.
    its just way too masculine for me to accept it on a female.
    Its like Napoleon wearing a thong and asking if it is okay to me.
    You asked for honest opinion.
    Yes, I sure did. Appreciate the honesty.

Basenotes Plus

Contrary to Atilla's view, I've met several women who wear Aventus and VIW, and they were very straight and incredibly sexy. I do not see why you could not pull it off if you wanted to.

Cool PalmBeach. VIW I have no doubts about...Very unisex to me but good to hear you've actually met several women (straight and sexy to boot ) who wear Aventus. Now I'm getting psyched!

Sound Scents

I don't care for the stuff, but if you enjoy wearing it I think you should absolutely go for it.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Went for it! (Took SO much convincing, huh?)

Aventus can be worn by women...BUT it seems to have a mysterious "attractive quality" that makes women sit up and take notice, so be prepared! Forget the hype, and hatred of Aventus/Creed, If you like it wear it...just don't obsess over batch #'s or start every thread with mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post

My question is, can a woman get away with wearing Aventus? I know, I know, everyone on basenotes says 'wear what you like!' and I will and do! But, seriously, guys: if you smelled Aventus on a (feminine) woman would it put you off? Make you think she was masculine? Strange? Awesome? Your answers won't make or break my decision; ultimately my nose will decide, but I'd still like to know honest male opinions. Thanks!
    In direct response to your question the two bolded up above ^^^^^^...

I personally feel as though Aventus is too masculine for women. There is something about it that exudes manly confidence. I would not want to smell Aventus on a woman....there are better options for women. Once again it's just my honest opinion....let your nose and skin chemistry guide you!

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    In direct response to your question the two bolded up above ^^^^^^...

I personally feel as though Aventus is too masculine for women. There is something about it that exudes manly confidence. I would not want to smell Aventus on a woman....there are better options for women. Once again it's just my honest opinion....let your nose and skin chemistry guide you!
    Thanks for yor honesty! That is what I asked for!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    Aventus can be worn by women...BUT it seems to have a mysterious "attractive quality" that makes women sit up and take notice, so be prepared! Forget the hype, and hatred of Aventus/Creed, If you like it wear it...just don't obsess over batch #'s or start every thread with mentioning it.

LOL....so, expect to be hit on by copious amounts of women? Groovy. Oh, the dreaded batch numbers....I'll try my best not to obsess. I just better get a fruity one!

Yeah, I pay no mind to the hype/hatred factor when making my decisions on fragrance. I actually wasn't even a fan of Creed until I one day smelled a man walk by me wearing Aventus and had to ask him what he was wearing. To me, that's the best test! It's so hard to tell if you truly like a fragrance by smelling a card. Even spraying it on myself is sometimes hard to discern if it has that 'wow' factor. But when someone else walks by you and it makes you chase them down to find out the scent? THAT is when I take notice and I could care less if it's Axe Body spray or Creed, I just know I want the stuff.

(disclaimer, I actually DO wear women's fragrance )
    Last edited by Infinity; 25th March 2013 at 03:15 PM.

I agree with Wendy Brandes -- wear what you want. Also, getting hit on by random women is, in general, less obnoxious than getting hit on by random men in my experience.

(I consider filtering out men who are extremely tied to stereotyped ideas of gender presentation to be a feature, not a bug, too.)

Making one's fragrance decision on personal "wow" factor in action is the only thing that makes sense to me.

(I consider filtering out men who are extremely tied to stereotyped ideas of gender presentation to be a feature, not a bug, too.)
    True!

Sure , why not.

Its just a perfume.

for swap/sale:

I find it leaning to towards masculine side. Unless you only wear perfume for you, I would not recommend it.

CologneFan85

No men's only on this one

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys! I did purchase a bottle because yeah, I do wear perfume for me but not ONLY for me. So I'll wear this one when I want but prrrobably skip it on a date!

Basenotes Plus

Perfectly fine to be worn by a woman.

Banned
    Blog Entries

If a woman wore Aventus, I would be all over her.

(Strangely enough, that would sound like more of a compliment if a woman said that about a man)

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    If a woman wore Aventus, I would be all over her.
    Well let's hope that's the general consensus! Teehee.

No, but seriously, I wore it today and not one woman randomly dropped trou. Sup with that?

But seriously seriously, I wore it today and am still getting faint wafts of it and it's divine. I don't care which gender it's supposed to be worn by/attract. I am VERY happy with my purchase.

Nope, I'd hate to smell this on a woman. Would be a big turnoff.