Code of Conduct

Question Rusé ~ Corday 1966 INFO PLEASE !

Can anyone help me on this one please.
    I am trying to find the notes /olfactory pyramid. Parfumeur, etc.
    The drydown is incredible and seems to be loaded with civet, (or perhaps it's other animal fixatives?)
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Rusé ~ Corday 1966 INFO PLEASE !

This is the most that I could find:-
    http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/in...p?topic=237542

I own two old 7.5 ml bottles of the parfum.

I do think it contains civet. I'd also say rose or geranium mixed with a white flower, perhaps jasmine. Something in it reminds me a bit of Joy, but Ruse is perhaps more rose dominated. It also smells a bit more herbal or aromatic or something. Maybe it's leather I'm smelling. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks Lpp !

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for this!

Different ID of the notes, but a similar overall impression of the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I own two old 7.5 ml bottles of the parfum.

I do think it contains civet. I'd also say rose or geranium mixed with a white flower, perhaps jasmine. Something in it reminds me a bit of Joy, but Ruse is perhaps more rose dominated. It also smells a bit more herbal or aromatic or something. Maybe it's leather I'm smelling. What do you think?
    Hi Noggs,
    Yes, I am getting the Joy thing....but I am getting an awesome drydown. Extreme animal drydown....almost tomcats !!!
    I will go and try some on a test strip. It's a shame there's so little info on this one. Would love to know the notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it on a test strip about half an hour ago.
    It reminds me of Metal from Paco Rabanne more than any other fragrance. A sharp green fragrance, with a rose centre. Very good. Now I'm not getting the strong animal note....perhaps later.

It was late last night when I sprayed Ruse and and a little later Joy. Now that it's morning and both have dried down I can better differentiate the two.

Ruse definitely smells green to me now, even in the base. It's sharper than Joy, which is quite smooth and powdery in texture. I agree about the animalic note. It smells lto me like it could be civet, but I'm still getting something that strikes me as a leathery or earthy note, so perhaps castoreum is a possibility. I can't tell if it's that or just a combination of woods and other notes that create that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wearing Metal today. I can see the similarity.

Metal is aldehydic, which gives it a different feel, and is much rosier than Ruse. I also find Metal to be "cleaner", lacking the funky, leathery aspect of Ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    It was late last night when I sprayed Ruse and and a little later Joy. Now that it's morning and both have dried down I can better differentiate the two.

Ruse definitely smells green to me now, even in the base. It's sharper than Joy, which is quite smooth and powdery in texture. I agree about the animalic note. It smells lto me like it could be civet, but I'm still getting something that strikes me as a leathery or earthy note, so perhaps castoreum is a possibility. I can't tell if it's that or just a combination of woods and other notes that create that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wearing Metal today. I can see the similarity.

Metal is aldehydic, which gives it a different feel, and is much rosier than Ruse. I also find Metal to be "cleaner", lacking the funky, leathery aspect of Ruse.
    Thanks.
    For a while I was thinking vintage Vent Vert, but then I made the Metal connection and thought that was much closer. My Rusé seems to have quite a sharp edge, and with reflection I think vintage Vent Vert smells much dryer. Will have to try vintage Vent Vert now, to compare !

Do you guys wear it? I see 120ml bottle for an attractive price, and wonder should I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    Do you guys wear it? I see 120ml bottle for an attractive price, and wonder should I get it.
    I haven't tried it/ worn it again since this thread....a long time ago, but I will give it another try and let you know on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I haven't tried it/ worn it again since this thread....a long time ago, but I will give it another try and let you know on this thread.
    Yes, please!