Code of Conduct

Question Rusé ~ Corday 1966 INFO PLEASE !

Can anyone help me on this one please.
    I am trying to find the notes /olfactory pyramid. Parfumeur, etc.
    The drydown is incredible and seems to be loaded with civet, (or perhaps it's other animal fixatives?)
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: Rusé ~ Corday 1966 INFO PLEASE !

This is the most that I could find:-
    http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/in...p?topic=237542

I own two old 7.5 ml bottles of the parfum.

I do think it contains civet. I'd also say rose or geranium mixed with a white flower, perhaps jasmine. Something in it reminds me a bit of Joy, but Ruse is perhaps more rose dominated. It also smells a bit more herbal or aromatic or something. Maybe it's leather I'm smelling. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks Lpp !
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for this!

Different ID of the notes, but a similar overall impression of the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I own two old 7.5 ml bottles of the parfum.

I do think it contains civet. I'd also say rose or geranium mixed with a white flower, perhaps jasmine. Something in it reminds me a bit of Joy, but Ruse is perhaps more rose dominated. It also smells a bit more herbal or aromatic or something. Maybe it's leather I'm smelling. What do you think?
    Hi Noggs,
    Yes, I am getting the Joy thing....but I am getting an awesome drydown. Extreme animal drydown....almost tomcats !!!
    I will go and try some on a test strip. It's a shame there's so little info on this one. Would love to know the notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it on a test strip about half an hour ago.
    It reminds me of Metal from Paco Rabanne more than any other fragrance. A sharp green fragrance, with a rose centre. Very good. Now I'm not getting the strong animal note....perhaps later.

It was late last night when I sprayed Ruse and and a little later Joy. Now that it's morning and both have dried down I can better differentiate the two.

Ruse definitely smells green to me now, even in the base. It's sharper than Joy, which is quite smooth and powdery in texture. I agree about the animalic note. It smells lto me like it could be civet, but I'm still getting something that strikes me as a leathery or earthy note, so perhaps castoreum is a possibility. I can't tell if it's that or just a combination of woods and other notes that create that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wearing Metal today. I can see the similarity.

Metal is aldehydic, which gives it a different feel, and is much rosier than Ruse. I also find Metal to be "cleaner", lacking the funky, leathery aspect of Ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    It was late last night when I sprayed Ruse and and a little later Joy. Now that it's morning and both have dried down I can better differentiate the two.

Ruse definitely smells green to me now, even in the base. It's sharper than Joy, which is quite smooth and powdery in texture. I agree about the animalic note. It smells lto me like it could be civet, but I'm still getting something that strikes me as a leathery or earthy note, so perhaps castoreum is a possibility. I can't tell if it's that or just a combination of woods and other notes that create that effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wearing Metal today. I can see the similarity.

Metal is aldehydic, which gives it a different feel, and is much rosier than Ruse. I also find Metal to be "cleaner", lacking the funky, leathery aspect of Ruse.
    Thanks.
    For a while I was thinking vintage Vent Vert, but then I made the Metal connection and thought that was much closer. My Rusé seems to have quite a sharp edge, and with reflection I think vintage Vent Vert smells much dryer. Will have to try vintage Vent Vert now, to compare !

Do you guys wear it? I see 120ml bottle for an attractive price, and wonder should I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    Do you guys wear it? I see 120ml bottle for an attractive price, and wonder should I get it.
    I haven't tried it/ worn it again since this thread....a long time ago, but I will give it another try and let you know on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I haven't tried it/ worn it again since this thread....a long time ago, but I will give it another try and let you know on this thread.
    Yes, please!