Code of Conduct

Default Pal Zileri Sartoriale

In my quest for sartorial-inspired fragrances, I am interested in trying the Pal Zileri Sartoriale. I was wondering if anyone thought this would be a good blind buy.

Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

Absolutely the closest you'll get to Gucci Rush without finding Gucci Rush (thank goodness I still have my bottle).

It's a woodsy, smooth blend that hides a subtle complexity with a bit more sandalwood (to my nose) than Rush but has poor longevity - we're talking 4 hours and less. I liked it, but handed my bottle over to a bigger fan of it than I. Would love to know where you're going to buy this one from.

Its a fragrance centered around a mysore sandalwood accord, its a much weaker version and less complex version of Gucci Rush ( Why they discontinued such an awesome fragrance is beyond me) , the drydown of Wonderwood is very similar and has excellent longevity. As with all sandalwood fragrances, projection is light to moderate.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 24th March 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Gucci Rush is much better in every dimension IMO.

Like Rush, Satoriale is also discontinued. It can still be found but I agree that Rush is much better.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Easily a good blind buy It's really not that bad at all, i do get the Gucci rush similarities but i think Azzarro visit is probably nearer.
    Sartoriale would be in my top 10 if only it lasted longer, its heavily synthetic but pleasant
    I mostly get violet and sandalwood which comes off quite sweet and in the woody/floral area. Worth it if you can still grab it pretty cheaply.

I wonder why they discontinued Rush, its an amazing scent , light years ahead of the shit being produced by Gucci under Frida Giannini, the current director.

I see on fragrancenet they have testers back in stock of this for a good price. Is it still better to get Wonderwood? Any other opinions on this one? I absolutely loved Rush. RIP, lol

Excellent scent, but more like Gucci Envy IMHO. Not the best scent for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Excellent scent, but more like Gucci Envy IMHO. Not the best scent for summer.
    I'll pass then, not an Envy fan

Wonderwood is awesome as far is accessible wood scents go

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    My niche and designer decant thread (Atelier, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Ferre etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....9f250dfc84af37

Quote Originally Posted by RS2AM View Post
    I see on fragrancenet they have testers back in stock of this for a good price. Is it still better to get Wonderwood? Any other opinions on this one? I absolutely loved Rush. RIP, lol
    To me it is a 50/50 mix or Rush and Envy.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I think it smells like Gucci Rush for about five minutes, then it turns to more a Gucci Nobile style scent. To my nose, there's just a tiny hint of Gucci Envy in it,
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I think it smells like Gucci Rush for about five minutes, then it turns to more a Gucci Nobile style scent. To my nose, there's just a tiny hint of Gucci Envy in it,
    Regards,
    Renato
    I haven't sampled Nobile, but I got a woody ginger vibe out of Envy which bored me but it does have it's fans. That being said, I wish Gucci would discontinue their 2008 and beyond bottles and bring back their old stuff.

[QUOTE= That being said, I wish Gucci would discontinue their 2008 and beyond bottles and bring back their old stuff.[/QUOTE]

You got that right.