Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49
  1. #1
    bokaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    3,317

    Default Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    In my quest for sartorial-inspired fragrances, I am interested in trying the Pal Zileri Sartoriale. I was wondering if anyone thought this would be a good blind buy.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Absolutely the closest you'll get to Gucci Rush without finding Gucci Rush (thank goodness I still have my bottle).

    It's a woodsy, smooth blend that hides a subtle complexity with a bit more sandalwood (to my nose) than Rush but has poor longevity - we're talking 4 hours and less. I liked it, but handed my bottle over to a bigger fan of it than I. Would love to know where you're going to buy this one from.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Its a fragrance centered around a mysore sandalwood accord, its a much weaker version and less complex version of Gucci Rush ( Why they discontinued such an awesome fragrance is beyond me) , the drydown of Wonderwood is very similar and has excellent longevity. As with all sandalwood fragrances, projection is light to moderate.
    Last edited by Vinrambo09; 24th March 2013 at 08:59 PM.

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,916

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Gucci Rush is much better in every dimension IMO.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Like Rush, Satoriale is also discontinued. It can still be found but I agree that Rush is much better.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Easily a good blind buy It's really not that bad at all, i do get the Gucci rush similarities but i think Azzarro visit is probably nearer.
    Sartoriale would be in my top 10 if only it lasted longer, its heavily synthetic but pleasant
    I mostly get violet and sandalwood which comes off quite sweet and in the woody/floral area. Worth it if you can still grab it pretty cheaply.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    I wonder why they discontinued Rush, its an amazing scent , light years ahead of the shit being produced by Gucci under Frida Giannini, the current director.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    I see on fragrancenet they have testers back in stock of this for a good price. Is it still better to get Wonderwood? Any other opinions on this one? I absolutely loved Rush. RIP, lol

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Excellent scent, but more like Gucci Envy IMHO. Not the best scent for summer.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Excellent scent, but more like Gucci Envy IMHO. Not the best scent for summer.
    I'll pass then, not an Envy fan

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Wonderwood is awesome as far is accessible wood scents go

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    My niche and designer decant thread (Atelier, Frapin, Creed, Christian Lacroix, Ferre etc): http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....9f250dfc84af37

  12. #12
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,882

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by RS2AM View Post
    I see on fragrancenet they have testers back in stock of this for a good price. Is it still better to get Wonderwood? Any other opinions on this one? I absolutely loved Rush. RIP, lol
    To me it is a 50/50 mix or Rush and Envy.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

  13. #13
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,768

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    I think it smells like Gucci Rush for about five minutes, then it turns to more a Gucci Nobile style scent. To my nose, there's just a tiny hint of Gucci Envy in it,
    Regards,
    Renato

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I think it smells like Gucci Rush for about five minutes, then it turns to more a Gucci Nobile style scent. To my nose, there's just a tiny hint of Gucci Envy in it,
    Regards,
    Renato
    I haven't sampled Nobile, but I got a woody ginger vibe out of Envy which bored me but it does have it's fans. That being said, I wish Gucci would discontinue their 2008 and beyond bottles and bring back their old stuff.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    [QUOTE= That being said, I wish Gucci would discontinue their 2008 and beyond bottles and bring back their old stuff.[/QUOTE]

    You got that right.

  16. #16
    Dependent JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Place beyond Pine Barrens
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Bumping up this good thread. I just blind bought a bottle of Sartoriale on Amazon in my final attempt to find a decent replacement to Gucci Rush.

    Do you think this was a good move?

    On earlier recommendations, I acquired Wonderwood (closest to Rush yet) and Azzaro Visit, which is nothing like Gucci Rush I remember... I am always open to good cedar/sandalwood scents more generally, and Rush was THE BEST one I ever had. Azzaro Visit was a miss... I also got Quorum Silver in the same order and it is now in free give away thread. If no one claims it, I will perhaps leave in a bathroom of a local public library...
    Last edited by JimmyP; 5th August 2014 at 07:19 PM.

  17. #17
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,768

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Bumping up this good thread. I just blind bought a bottle of Sartoriale on Amazon in my final attempt to find a decent replacement to Gucci Rush.

    Do you think this was a good move?
    Can't hurt if you got it cheap.
    The closest scent I ever found to Rush was Trend PH by Les Copains. I doubt you'll find it anywhere though.

    I still have a 20ml and a 50ml bottle of Rush which I ration out.
    Regards,
    Renato

  18. #18
    Dependent JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Place beyond Pine Barrens
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Can't hurt if you got it cheap.
    The closest scent I ever found to Rush was Trend PH by Les Copains. I doubt you'll find it anywhere though.

    I still have a 20ml and a 50ml bottle of Rush which I ration out.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Yeah, I paid $35 for it shipped and hope this would be a good addition to my wardrobe anyways, even if not similar to Rush after all. I was just thinking that because Azzaro Visit was a disappointment, even at $18. I am not so hot with blind buys lately.

  19. #19
    Super Member DolceThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyP View Post
    Bumping up this good thread. I just blind bought a bottle of Sartoriale on Amazon in my final attempt to find a decent replacement to Gucci Rush.

    Do you think this was a good move?

    On earlier recommendations, I acquired Wonderwood (closest to Rush yet) and Azzaro Visit, which is nothing like Gucci Rush I remember... I am always open to good cedar/sandalwood scents more generally, and Rush was THE BEST one I ever had. Azzaro Visit was a miss... I also got Quorum Silver in the same order and it is now in free give away thread. If no one claims it, I will perhaps leave in a bathroom of a local public library...
    Yes! You are so right.. I have been on the same quest as you! I love the scent of Gucci Rush but find the poor projection and longevity very dissapointing.. Only if Rush was more potent it would be the best scent ever! Anyways, Wonderwood is the closest fragrance I have found, but it is darker, spicier, and does not have that unique "popper" opening that Rush has.. Azzaro Visit is very different from Rush but it does give me a similar "vibe" if you know what I mean.. I have not tried Sartoriale but please let us know what you think of it?

  20. #20
    Dependent JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Place beyond Pine Barrens
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    Yes! You are so right.. I have been on the same quest as you! I love the scent of Gucci Rush but find the poor projection and longevity very dissapointing.. Only if Rush was more potent it would be the best scent ever! Anyways, Wonderwood is the closest fragrance I have found, but it is darker, spicier, and does not have that unique "popper" opening that Rush has.. Azzaro Visit is very different from Rush but it does give me a similar "vibe" if you know what I mean.. I have not tried Sartoriale but please let us know what you think of it?
    Will most certainly do! It was shipped today, can't wait to get it!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    It's a very nice scent.

  22. #22
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,768

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    I love the scent of Gucci Rush but find the poor projection and longevity very dissapointing.
    Rush is a very deceptive scent. When it first came out I posted the exact same thing as you about it here several times. I could only get about two hours out of it before it disappeared.

    Then one day I had to post a public retraction. This occurred after I sprayed some Rush on and went to the beach for about 8 hours, going in and out of the water frequently. Rush disappeared quickly as usual. But 12 hours later when having a shower, I was suddenly strongly engulfed with Gucci Rush. Clearly it hadn't really disappeared after two hours. I think it reactivates with perspiration.
    Regards,
    Renato

  23. #23

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    nice scent with a weak duration, prefer Penhaligon's Sartorial which is quite similar but stronger!
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9

  24. #24

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    nice scent with a weak duration, prefer Penhaligon's Sartorial which is quite similar but stronger!
    My penhaligons sartorial arrives today. I've read it smells like a more upscale Brut. Does it smell more similar to Rush?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    never smelled Rush..but I can assure you it has nothing to do with Brut, it is delicate and very sophisticated not too heavy on sillage,maybe!
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9

  26. #26
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,768

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I've read it smells like a more upscale Brut.
    Wherever you read that - make sure you don't read anything from there anymore, as the person plainly does not have a clue or has a very defective nose.
    Regards,
    Renato

  27. #27

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    We're going to have to disagree there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Wherever you read that - make sure you don't read anything from there anymore, as the person plainly does not have a clue or has a very defective nose.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

  28. #28
    Dependent JimmyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Place beyond Pine Barrens
    Posts
    1,033

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Wherever you read that - make sure you don't read anything from there anymore, as the person plainly does not have a clue or has a very defective nose.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I think he was referring to penhaligons fragrance... Needless to say, that's irrelevant here

  29. #29
    Super Member DolceThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Rush is a very deceptive scent. When it first came out I posted the exact same thing as you about it here several times. I could only get about two hours out of it before it disappeared.

    Then one day I had to post a public retraction. This occurred after I sprayed some Rush on and went to the beach for about 8 hours, going in and out of the water frequently. Rush disappeared quickly as usual. But 12 hours later when having a shower, I was suddenly strongly engulfed with Gucci Rush. Clearly it hadn't really disappeared after two hours. I think it reactivates with perspiration.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I understand what you are saying, I think it had to do with moisture or perspiration, but unfortunately Rush never lasted more than 3 hours on my skin.. Rush after about 30 minutes is dried down right on your skin, and you can barely smell it.. Even right after you spray it, it is hard to even smell the scent if you are not putting your nose inside your shirt " I spray on my chest".. But the scent of Rush itself is so amazing and addictive.. If only Rush had the projection and longevity that its female counterpart has I am sure it would have done better.. It was the first Gucci fragrance out of Envy and Pour Homme to get discontinued and I think that had to do with its poor performance..

  30. #30

    Default Re: Pal Zileri Sartoriale

    Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    I understand what you are saying, I think it had to do with moisture or perspiration, but unfortunately Rush never lasted more than 3 hours on my skin.. Rush after about 30 minutes is dried down right on your skin, and you can barely smell it.. Even right after you spray it, it is hard to even smell the scent if you are not putting your nose inside your shirt " I spray on my chest".. But the scent of Rush itself is so amazing and addictive.. If only Rush had the projection and longevity that its female counterpart has I am sure it would have done better.. It was the first Gucci fragrance out of Envy and Pour Homme to get discontinued and I think that had to do with its poor performance..
    guess you are right!
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th June 2012, 08:55 AM
  2. Pal  Zileri Sartoriale
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th November 2010, 06:28 AM
  3. Is it me or does Pal Zileri "Sartoriale" smell similar to Rush
    By saam16 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th June 2010, 02:13 PM
  4. Pal Zileri: N18 and Sartoriale
    By radix023 in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th May 2006, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000