Code of Conduct

Question Recommendations for well crafted rich orientals, a boosy note won't hurt too

looking for something in the directions of either Noir Epices or Ambre Russe. please suggest only such made of top quality ingredients, possibly not too synthetic.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 5 : Sycomore, Bois des Iles, Dia Man, Sel de Vetiver, HdP 1828

Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar

Default Re: Recommendations for well crafted rich orientals, a boosy note won't hurt too

Tauer LDDM.
    Currently wearing: Aequalis by Mauboussin

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Recommendations for well crafted rich orientals, a boosy note won't hurt too

Liz Claiborne Spark for Men

Not exactly Oriental, but you may want to look at Fusion Sacree - Lui.

I second LDDM, fantastic fragrance, and also offer one I've never smelled, Idole de Lubin (EDT). Also perhaps Straight to Heaven by Kilian (to me it smells like a hamster cage, but many like it).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numero 7

My personal favourite, Straight to Heaven by Kilian. Also Frapin Caravelle Epicee for a great boozy oriental.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I second LDDM, fantastic fragrance, and also offer one I've never smelled, Idole de Lubin (EDT). Also perhaps Straight to Heaven by Kilian (to me it smells like a hamster cage, but many like it).
    Oh, yeah. Idole is completely the right answer to this question, better than my first suggestion.

Consider also Frapin 1270 or Le Dandy d'Orsay.

Ambra vintage by I profumi del Forte. Between the spicier heavier style you mention and the vanillic orientals a la Shalimar, there's Tolu by Ormonde Jayne.

cacio

Already suggested, so my +1's / +2's to LDDM / Idole de Lubin / Straight to Heaven by Kilian / Frapin 1270 / Frapin Caravelle Epicee

LDDM & Straight to Heaven have excellent projection & easily last 8+ hrs, Frapins are very ordinary for longevity, but have decent projection
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

In agreement with LDDM, Caravelle Epicee and Idole.

Lorenzo Villoresi's Piper Nigrum is another one to try.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

+3 Lubin, Idole and +3 Frapin 1270.

In the designer category: Jaipur Homme EDP comes pretty close to meeting most or all requirements.

Yet another vote for Straight to Heaven.

I cannot reiterate enough that it has gotten me more unsolicited compliments than any other fragrance. Ever.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

Vintage Dior Leather Oud for sale (US only)

LDDM and Jaipur are really good choices, as the other basenoters said.

+6 on LDDM
    Back to Black by Kilian
    Halston Man Ambre
    Ambre Precieux

Basenotes Plus

Idole is the perfect oriental with a boozy note, it has the right combo of spice and woods, it also has a sugar cane note which is quite interesting, you can really pick that note up if you've ever smelled sugar cane. Straight to heaven has a really nice rum note as well, but there's lots of cedar in that fragrance that it might come off as a cedar bomb.

I think Idole is worth checking out and at an affordable price.

Ambre Noir by Sonoma Scent Studio would fit your bill - smooth, and using primarily natural materials.

Caravelle Epicee by Frapin would also suit you.

Tiffany for Men
    For swap/sale: Fougère Royale, AdP Colonia Club, Tauer Lonesome Rider, MDCI Cuir Garamante, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Intense, Montale Cuir D'Arabie, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber PH Intense, Prada Amber PH metal travel spray, Loewe PH, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Obsession, others.
    http://tinyurl.com/ju9yuu6 (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/hx7yws8
    (sales)
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In the designer category: Jaipur Homme EDP comes pretty close to meeting most or all requirements.
    This was my first thought.
    I don't have a signature fragrance. My signature changes a little bit every day, why shouldn't my fragrance?

Vintage Opium by YSL.

And do consider Serge Lutens line up.

Dependent

Idole de Lubin and Frapin 1270 are what comes to mind.
    “To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art.”
    Grand Admiral Thrawn

Some may be considered more dry woods than oriental, or not necessarily what you’re wanting, but they’re all well crafted orientals made of good things:

Songe d’un Bois d’Ete
    Jubilation XXV
    Oud Shamash
    Chypre Palatin
    Yohji Homme
    Ormonde Man
    XIII La Treizieme Heure
    Patchouli 24
    Egoiste (vintage)
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Tiffany for Men
    Nemo
    Zino Davidoff (vintage)
    Heritage edp
    Versace l'Homme (original formulation)
    Ungaro 1
    Ungaro 2
    JHL (vintage)
    Dzongkha
    Ambre Sultan
    Fumerie Turque
    Chergui
    Borneo 1834
    L’Air du Desert Marocain
    KL Homme
    Absolue pour le Soir
    Last edited by pluran; 26th March 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Some may be considered more dry woods than oriental, or not necessarily what you’re wanting, but they’re all well crafted orientals made of good things:

Songe d’un Bois d’Ete
    Jubilation XXV
    Oud Shamash
    Chypre Palatin
    Yohji Homme
    Ormonde Man
    XIII La Treizieme Heure
    Patchouli 24
    Egoiste (vintage)
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Tiffany for Men
    Nemo
    Zino Davidoff (vintage)
    Heritage edp
    Versace l'Homme (original formulation)
    Ungaro 1
    Ungaro 2
    JHL (vintage)
    Dzongkha
    Ambre Sultan
    Fumerie Turque
    Chergui
    Borneo 1834
    L’Air du Desert Marocain
    KL Homme
    Absolue pour le Soir
    Beautiful list, adding Dior Oud Ispahan and Leather Oud, Nasomatto Pardon and Black Afghano. Amouage Interlude and Memoir

Escada PH ....gone but not forgotten

" Wanted " empty bottle of Macassar
    Currently wearing: MCM Success by MCM

I just saw "well crafted rich orientals" and immediately the name AMOUAGE came to mind. The whole range falls in that category!!

Straight to heaven. I personally like the drydown more than the boozy opening

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tonka Imperiale is boozy and high quality.
    for swap/sale: