Code of Conduct

Default Wedding day scent for the groom ... please suggest from my wardrobe!

Hi fellow basenoters -

My wedding is in a week and need suggestions from the expert fragheads at basenotes on what to wear! Since the time is very short, I probably wouldn't be able to shop around for new frags so if you all could make atleast 2-3 suggestions from my wardrobe, I would truly appreciate it.

Just to inform you, the wedding is taking place in a region which gets rather hot this time of the year - I expect the temprature to be around 30 C / 86 F.

Best,
    drsillage

Default Re: Wedding day scent for the groom ... please suggest from my wardrobe!

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, congratulations!

Thirdly, Rive Gauche, Dior Homme and LIDG would all work, IMO.

Default Re: Wedding day scent for the groom ... please suggest from my wardrobe!

Welcome, and congrats on your pending nuptials!! My choice would be Dior Homme, or DHI. If not that, then just wear the scent that your future wife enjoys most on you.

From your wardrobe I would pick Midnight In Paris.

Platinum Egoiste
    Dior Homme Sport
    Rive Gauche
    Azzaro pH

Burberry London for Men from your wardrobe.

Well, you may want something lively, something fresh and something with a bit of lasting power. Hanae Mori would be one of the contenders I'd suggest.

But then again, for my wedding, I'd narrowed it down to five contenders but on the day just felt like wearing Lolita Lempika and grabbed that instead.

Most of your scents would do, though you might drive some people crazy if you wore Joop Homme heavily in warm weather.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Dior Homme Intense or Platinum Egoiste

I would suggest Bleu from your wardrobe. But it should be your future spouse that you are asking this question to.

Good luck and congratulations!

For the temperature I would go with Prada Amber, YSL L'homme or Dior Aqua Fahrenheit (would suggest Fahrenheit 32 too) since all of them perform very well in the heat and still have a very sophisticated/elegant vibe to them that suitable for formal events

+1 indeed for Prada Amber PH

1.Rive gauche
    2.L'homme

Congrats...I generally walk over to my frags in the morning, and one bottle always calls out to me louder than the rest. It is strange, but it always happens. Be quiet, and listen, the perfect frag will call to you. Asking others to pick makes it statistical science...letting the fragrance pick itself becomes art.

Prada Amber pH!

Congrats and welcome! There are few ways of approaching this. First of all, you could wear whatever your soon to be wife loves most - this is what I did and would do again. Another approach is to think about a longer perspective: what do you want to remember as your wedding day scent. Dior Homme is great fragrance and something I expect you and other people to appreciate even in 20 years time. It would be a classy choice and possibly the finest fragrance you have. Third way is to just follow your nose and make the decision in the wedding morning, whatever you feel like wearing. Fourth way is thinking about the weather and picking something fresh and thus safe.
    Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 23rd March 2013 at 10:33 AM.

I would go with the Dior Homme. I don't care if it is too hot. It is a special day.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, congratulations!

Thirdly, Rive Gauche, Dior Homme and LIDG would all work, IMO.
    This....

And congrats! Enjoy the day..
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

I would go with DHI myself.

Congratulations! And welcome to Basenotes my friend!

Platinum egoiste
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Another approach is to think about a longer perspective: what do you want to remember as your wedding day scent.
    I would go with this approach. Narrow your wardrobe down to your long term favourites, because you are likely to still be using them for years to come, and when you wear them in future they will remind you of this day. Then discard any that you know your future wife isn't keen on. And lastly discard any really heavy sillage monsters like A*Men and Joop!

I would go for Baldessarini, if it fulfilled the criteria above. You've got a nice haul of bottles there.

Congratulations, and have a great day.

I'd never tell somebody what to wear on their own wedding day! Do what you want, OP!

Congratulations!

My recommendation would be either Chopard Noble Vetiver or Rive Gauche.

Congratulations. I'd pick Fahrenheit. But a better option would be to let your bride pick your fragrance for that special day.

Thank you all for such excellent recommendations! I work in Kuwait and my wife lives in our home country. My collection is here with me so she doesn't have access to the bottles. I guess I would have asked my soon to-be wife but given that she doesn't have access my collection, she wouldn't know what to recommend. I could take a few decants of various contenders and then let her pick from those.

Based on your recommendations and personal choice, here are the ones that I chose (not in any order):

Dior Homme/Dior Homme intense
    The Dreamer
    Prada Amber PH
    Bvlgari PH Extreme
    Fahrenheit
    Baldessarini
    Guerlain Homme
    Mont Blanc Individuel
    Rive Gauche

I'll see what she recommends after sniffing these bad boys! But I want to thank all of you guys for contributing to this post and for your kind wishes.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Congratulations. A better option would be to let your bride pick your fragrance for that special day.
    Yup, honours should go to your would be in selecting the frag

Congratulations!
    I'd pick up either Fahrenheit, Dior Homme Intense or Rive Gauche.

I'm going to suggest you get something new for this occasion - a fragrance that will always have the "wedding" association with it.

Can I make a recommendation from a female point of view? No matter what you decide upon, please please please keep it close to the skin and subtle, because the last thing a groom needs to do on his wedding day is to upstage the bride in any way.

Your wedding day is sold to women from when they are very small as being both the biggest and most important day of their lives and also a day that is all about them (I know, it's bunkum and it should be about the marriage rather than the wedding, but I don't make up the rules on that one) so a good groom knows that he's being perfect on the day to make his bride's day extra special and thus standing in her limelight with her for the day, not creating limelight of his own.

I hope you and your lady have a fabulous day and are happy and healthy together

Platinum Egoiste or Versace Pour Homme...VPH if it's real hot. I wore VPH to a beach wedding this summer that reached 100F, I got a ton of compliments.

Dior Homme, Midnight in Paris or Hanae Mori

Can't go wrong with either, lasting power for all are great and should last well through the wedding and the reception.

Wonderful news, and congratulations!

I would go with Dior Homme, although veteran Basenoter was delighted to wear Jicky EDP to his wedding.

IMO, Midnight In Paris has a very strong, synthetic note that might be too obvious.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

+1 what sfmedusa said.

I know this is tricky but I'd also consider what fragrance the bride's wearing and find something suitable to complement it.

Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense

Banned
    Blog Entries

based on your wardrobe dior homme intense fuel for life or hypnose

If you still have it and can remember -- wear the scent you were wearing on your first date.

God -- I have turned into Mr Cheesy.

From your wardrobe, I'd consider Allure Homme, Burberry for men, and D&G ph

I would normally go with something romantic-yet-formal, like Allure Homme.

L'eau d'Issey would be my choice if it's going to be really warm.

Hi,

From your wardrobe I sugest Platinium Egoiste!

But for me the best choice for a wedding day is Safari by Ralph Lauren (vintage)....

mdclx