Code of Conduct

Default Top Selling Female perfume in US?

I am looking to buy a perfume for my wife for her birthday. I know some of you (including myself) do not find the "popular" top selling fragrances to always be the best BUT my wife like those easy to wear, compliment getting, current/not dated smelling fragrances. She needs something that she can wear everyday in a work setting.

She likes Flowerbomb, Light Blue, and Coco Mademaissle.

What are the current top 5 sellers for woman in the US?

Any recommendations?

Default Re: Top Selling Female perfume in US?

How 'bout Cartier Baiser Vole? She's got the EDT, EDP, and extrait concentrations 2choose from; U can even keep the bottle 4urself after she'd done
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe J'adore by Dior ?
    A good example of its type, I think. I smell it regularly in the street.

Post Thanks / Like

How about one of those sampler sets from Sephora? -- she can try a bunch of fragrances at her leisure and then redeem the certificate for a full bottle of the one she likes the best.

Thank you for the suggestions. Keep in mind though I am not really looking for suggestions but more about what sells the most (as far as sales numbers go).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh. Well, I had several suggestions ready (you did actually ask for "recommendations" in your first post, see) but sorry, I don't know what the five top-selling fragrances are. Google might be better approach if you're just looking for sales data.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.co.uk/...es-for_09.html

This is the most up to date info l could find.

You're welcome.

Edit; hmph. Seems the link doesn't work. Ah well, the page is there, coz l just found it. Just type the title of this thread into the search engine on Perfume Shrine.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh. Well, I had several suggestions ready (you did actually ask for "recommendations" in your first post, see) but sorry, I don't know what the five top-selling fragrances are. Google might be better approach if you're just looking for sales data.
    Yeah you are right, I did ask for recommendations.

I guess what I am looking for are the super popular, high selling perfumes. I don't really need the sales numbers but a general idea.

For Example: For men I would think the some of the top sellers are Acqua Di Gio, Bleu De Chanel, YSL L'Homme, Armani Code, and 1 million.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

http://boisdejasmin.com/2011/04/top-...-perfumes.html

1. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
    2. Estee Lauder Beautiful
    3. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
    4. Chanel No. 5
    5. Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I guess what I am looking for are the super popular, high selling perfumes. I don't really need the sales numbers but a general idea.
    Okay - that's what I thought you were asking.

Well, in addition to the definitive list that Kiliwia just posted for you, I've seen these getting very good reviews on some of the more mainstream fora, and some of them have been suggested or even sort of pushed on me at various fragrance counters, so I would think they're all quite popular at the moment -

Dior J'Adore - a good suggestion by gandhajala
    Chanel Coco Noir - a disappointment to many perfumistas, but a good, elegant yet completely "safe" Chanel ...and Chanel fragrances always make nice gifts.
    The newest Miss Dior edp, which replaces Miss Dior Cherie (not Miss Dior "Originale")
    Balenciaga Paris and Florabotanika
    Marc Jacobs Daisy
    Lancome La Vie Est Belle (and it comes in a super-pretty bottle, too!)
    Chloé Eau de Parfum, the new one
    Prada Candy
    Gucci Première
    Coach Love
    Kate Walsh Boyfriend
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme
    Armani Acqua di Gioia
    YSL Manifesto, which is too new to be very popular yet, but it appears to be gaining momentum.

I hope this helps - good luck!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 26th March 2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Prada Candy
    Calvin Klein Euphoria
    Coco Noir
    Marc Jacobs Daisy
    Chloe Love
    Gucci Guilty or Gucci Guilty Intense
    Chanel Chance
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Not judging here, no. Just thanking our people who posted what they thought on the subject.

To the OP: Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Not judging here, no. Just thanking our people who posted what they thought on the subject.

To the OP: Best of luck.
    What are you trying to say??

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your search. For me it is very hard to find something to love or even to like among the bestsellers, give me something that no one wants instead. Seriously, try to get a few decants before investing into the FB and let HER decide. BTW, Balenciaga Florabotanica has been on my "TO Test" list for a couple of months now.

Post Thanks / Like

gmm150, This may be common sense to you, but of the ones that you boil down to, be sure to sniff on skin (probably yours) for a full 3+ hours to make sure that YOU can stomach it, as well. Some of my likable fragrances turn my sweetheart's stomach or shut his nose down completely, i.e. Amber Sultan and Sublime Vanille. It limits what I can wear around him.

This is very thoughtful of you to think about what pleases her and go to the trouble of asking around. Let us know what you land on, and what she thinks of it.

Yes, let us know what you decide on. You could also go sniffing together and buy her one she liked.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Coco Mademoiselle

Quote Originally Posted by Claire811 View Post
    Coco Mademoiselle
    ?? She has that one already. See original post.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    ?? She has that one already. See original post.
    I mean, as she likes it, this would be the best choice IMO.
    If she wants something new(for her) try Allure Sensuelle (similar to Mademoiselle), the new and gorgeous Coco Noir, Chance or Allure Chanel, La Vie Est Belle Lancome (new and similar to FlowerBomb), Narciso Rodriguez For Her.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to suggest a different direction, as a possibility. My husband has introduced me to some lovely perfumes during the course of our 30+ years of marriage. For example he did the sniffing and bought me Coco for the first time. It wasn't necessarily something I would have chosen for me, but it became a firm favourite. I wear it for him, as much as for me. The second experience was of being kept in a particular favourite perfume over many years. He always kept me in Rive Gauche until it was reformulated out of existence. The same went for Chanel no 5.

In some ways, you are always safest to buy something you know she loves, rather than trying to find something new. Although my husband got it right, it always had the potential to go very wrong. And it's really hard when you have a perfume as a gift that you simply don't like or don't want to wear.

Is it possible to take her on a sniffing spree? Make a day of it, take her around a few counters, get some ideas and then go have lunch in a nice cafe, then narrow down which ones she liked- then go get her favourite one. I know men generally don't like to go on long shopping jaunts, but its only one day and you both get to spend it together

I think the greatest perfume gift you can give someone is exposing them to something new that they probably would have never thought of for themselves.

I suggest you write down her very favourite perfumes from all time. Look up the notes lists in more than one place, here, on FG and their own sites, then compare. The story of what she really likes will be there. Then look up those notes that crop up most in the directory and see what suggestions come up. I often do this for people as a perfume analysis and it always tells a story.

One woman gave me seven completely unrelated perfumes she had worn over the years and in five of them was the unusual note of Pomegranate, and in the other two, dark fruits. It became obvious what sort of scents she fell in love with and I sent her off with a list to try that had notes in that she was more likely to love than by random selection. I haven't heard if it worked yet....

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried nearly all of the top sellers over the years, and of them, I would go with Light Blue. It's the right season, and I have yet to find anyone who is offended by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Bestsellers: Chanel Chance, Chance Eau Fraiche, Chance Tendre or Coco Noir

- - - Updated - - -

Victoria Secret fragrances are top sellers in USA, too