Code of Conduct

Default NEW fragrance Samba Skin cologne...watch out Pure Havane!!!

S.Skin_.M.straight.shot_-241x295.jpg

How can a $10.00 cologne have such a great scent and not be noticed???

True to every word!
    A sensuous blend of citrus notes and black pepper give brightness to the top note, while the subtle spiciness of cinnamon and the masculine scent of cedar and tobacco provide distinctive signature to the heart. The fragrance dries down to a warm amber, sueded musk, and patchouli nuances.

On the opening I get Mugler Pure Havane, once it settles I get this Tobacco Vanille mix with Havane.

I will like to know what you guys have to say about this scent but please do not judge it by the price.....

True testers are welcome to comment.
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 26th March 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: Samba Skin cologne...watch out Pure Havane!!!

Haven't seen this available for purchase yet in the States. Where is this available?

Default Re: Samba Skin cologne...watch out Pure Havane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Haven't seen this available for purchase yet in the States. Where is this available?

I bought mine during my trip to Puerto Rico last week not sure if available in the states I will take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

KkmRkRS8d_m.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This has proven to be very difficult to find here in the states not sure why since PR is part of the USA. Cyber information is very very limited about this new Fragrance.

http://www.godubai.com/citylife/pres...e.asp?pr=64966

- - - Updated - - -

def not available here in the states!
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 27th March 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Default Re: NEW fragrance Samba Skin cologne...watch out Pure Havane!!!

I still cant get over how well this new frag does its magic. Its like an improved version of Pure Havane. Hope it hits the states soon to get feeback by some of you here.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have someone pick a few of these back at the Island to sell on eBay.

Its definately good quality for its price.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Its definately good quality for its price.
    Did you try it?? Where did you get it??

Samba probably makes the best scents for the prices they offer, I have tried 4 or 5 of them and currently own Kiss Me, and Fresh. Heat was the only one I didn't like thus far. Regardless, the notes, quality put into them are impeccable for the 10 dollar price tag. I hope Skin becomes available soon, I will definitley buy a bottle.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I also like Samba Red and Samba Classic.

This sounds good. You've definitely piqued my interest. I always thought Pure Havane was almost FBW but not quite. Maybe this fixes the issues I had with it? I can hope.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

A few of us in this thread blind bought this one last week from fragnet... obviously those posts are missing due to the time warp, but has anyone received and tried it yet? Mine will probably not get here til today or Monday, but I'm anxious to hear some other experiences!

Also curious to know what others think about this one.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

OK - anyone who bought this week - you have to let us know what you think...

My order will not arrive till monday and I am very interested in seeing what this is like

$10.00 usd wow, great for you if it's on even par on those compare to by your nose, for myself I though it : I will buy, maybe if I find it on my local flea market or so...Thx for head up.....cheerios
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Got my Samba Skin bottle. Only put 1 spray on my hand last night.
    This fragrance is sweet... A lot of Vanilla.
    More testing over the weekend....
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I will perhaps wait for Snaggy's thoughts before pulling the trigger. It sounds like a nice scent, but the trouble is that I will be stuck with it if it doesn't work out. I suppose vanilla laden scents are always in abundance, so there is no real urgency to get this one. I think Bogart pour Homme does the cherry tobacco thing very well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

now posts need mod approval or is it just me?

edit: guess that one didn't... weird.

Basenotes Plus

Not quite with this one - posts should appear after you press the 'Post' button!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Also curious to know what others think about this one.
    It smells a lot like Pure Havane with cinnamon. It's a nice fragrance for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Not quite with this one - posts should appear after you press the 'Post' button!
    My post in the below thread said it needed mod approval before it could be posted... maybe it's because there was a link in it? Only thing I can think of...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...GREEN-for-men?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    ah, so I guess it's any post with a link? just got this message:

'Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. .'

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It smells a lot like Pure Havane with cinnamon. It's a nice fragrance for the price.
    Totally agree with that.
    Very similar like Pure Havane. It has some cinnamon and tobacco in there.
    Nice fragrance for the price, with decent longevity.
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Is the quality anywhere close to Pure Havane?

I've noticed that a lot of times fragrances can smell similar, however there's a significant difference in quality--from the ingredients to the structure, texture, projection and longevity, etc.

How does Samba Skin match up in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

I've noticed that a lot of times fragrances can smell similar, however there's a significant difference in quality--from the ingredients to the structure, texture, projection and longevity, etc.

Pure Havane has more depth to it. As far as projection it's lighter, but it's decent. Longevity is good. This is basically Pure Havane and Mont Blanc Individuel mixed together. I'd put the quality at the Mont Blanc level. If you like both of these or just Pure Havane I can't see you being unhappy with buying a bottle.

If you like both of these or just Pure Havane I can't see you being unhappy with buying a bottle.
    And at that price no less!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Pure Havane has more depth to it. As far as projection it's lighter, but it's decent. Longevity is good. This is basically Pure Havane and Mont Blanc Individuel mixed together. I'd put the quality at the Mont Blanc level. If you like both of these or just Pure Havane I can't see you being unhappy with buying a bottle.

Sounds great, Rich. I think the quality of Individuel is very good, so this one sounds like a bargain. I doubt I'll pick it up, since I have PH and Individuel, but as a gift or a PH replacement some time down the road, it seems like a great option.

Sounds great, Rich. I think the quality of Individuel is very good, so this one sounds like a bargain. I doubt I'll pick it up, since I have PH and Individuel, but as a gift or a PH replacement some time down the road, it seems like a great option.
    Comon, you gotta pull the trigger to stay true to your name

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Got my bottle of Samba Skin in today. Put it on a few hours ago, still getting good wafts so longevity seems good, but projection is light as mentioned by a previous poster. However, the scent itself is fantastic. Definitely getting Pure Havane, maybe with more vanilla in the drydown. To me it kinda has a similar vibe to DH/DHI as well. As far as quality, I'd say it's not quite on the same level as Mugler, but it's easily well above other stuff at a similar price point such as Cuba Gold. Definitely very happy you guys pointed this out otherwise I would've never known to buy this wonderful fragrance! Thanks OP!

- - - Updated - - -

It's been well over 10 hrs now and I'm still getting occasional whiffs when I move, otherwise it's still a skin scent. Longevity much better than I expected! If I had to nitpick, I'd say the sprayer could be a little better... and the awkward butt-plug bottle could be improved. But other than that, absolutely love it and this is gonna get a lot of use this winter season!
    Last edited by mjones602; 5th November 2013 at 02:29 AM.

I got mine today and I am liking it. Thanks for the heads up on this one !

Perhaps a more refined version of Bogart Pour Homme - a inside the house version - with more vanilla sooner in the dry down. The tobacco up front is excellent and for a non blasting scent its really kind of nice -

And the MRS liked it too - wow that's almost a first. She has not liked the Aramis, Kouros or Fahrenheit scents I have been enjoying this fall.....

I would say for a cheaper, winter user - non exceptional outing this one works great, In fact in my life thats pretty much defines everyday.

Last edited by TurnerIII; 6th November 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Also received mine today and also like it, and can't beat the price. (181)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    S.Skin_.M.straight.shot_-241x295.jpg

How can a $10.00 cologne have such a great scent and not be noticed???

True to every word!
    A sensuous blend of citrus notes and black pepper give brightness to the top note, while the subtle spiciness of cinnamon and the masculine scent of cedar and tobacco provide distinctive signature to the heart. The fragrance dries down to a warm amber, sueded musk, and patchouli nuances.

On the opening I get Mugler Pure Havane, once it settles I get this Tobacco Vanille mix with Havane.

I will like to know what you guys have to say about this scent but please do not judge it by the price.....

True testers are welcome to comment.
    This is my second Samba scent and judging from this initial spray it's every bit as good as Kiss Me! Just arrived today, and your right it totally reminds me of pure havane! I've only tried PH and TV once each, but both very recently....not sure I get the TV vibe much(which is fine with me) More like a pure havane/malt mixture for me. Only had it on for about an hour and a half now....just starting to hit the dry down, curious to see how the longevity is. Can't wait for a full wearing tomorrow!!! Thanks for the heads up on this virtually unknown gem!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, got my full first wearing today. It's been a little over 6hrs now and the scent is dried down to nothing but a skin scent....so very good longevity on my dry skin! Also got a bunch of vanilla that others had mentioned, which I didn't get at all from the first spray out of the bottle onto my hand.(another reason for me to always try a full wearing if I'm able to before I make or break a scent All in all very happy with this cheap and cheerful scent!

Just got mine from fragrencenet the other day. Love it. The tobacco opening is fantastic and it lasts a good 10 -12 hours. Smells much more expensive than it is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Just blind bought Samba Skin for just $12. Looking forward to wearing it later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Just blind bought Samba Skin for just $12. Looking forward to wearing it later this week.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions on it. I personally love it.

As I already own Pure Havane and Animale Animale, wonder if it'd would be redundant to own this one too...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Considering to make this purchase myself, since I have seen it retailed online around the extremely affordable 10-15$ price point. Would like to know if I should blind buy this fragrance, considering I do enjoy Pure Havane and, moreover, there are hardly any (close to none) tobacco and/or vanilla fragrances I encountered so far and did not like (irrespective if mass-market, designer or niche).

I miss Pure Havane. I need it back.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to hearing your impressions on it. I personally love it.
    Samba Skin Man is a winner I've worn this a few times this week (wearing it also today). It is a steal, considering its ridiculously cheap price. Great scent, and overall, it is close to A*Men Pure Havane, as others had mentioned before. They differ somewhere in the mid-phase... PH has the fresh vanilla, kind of like mentholated, where as SS has a light lipstick-y/candy vibe. Patchouli is present when it dried down.

As for performance on my skin, PH is ten times better than SS. I've used 7 sprays (2 on the neck, the rest on the body) today before going to church and I think Samba Skin's projection is still moderate at best. For the price, I'm not complaining.

I wish to see Samba Skin Man in the Fragrance Directory so I can write a review. I've submitted it more than a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't been approved yet, not sure why.

I bought a second bottle. Can't beat this deal!!! The first I bought on ebay and it was leaving like a sieve. The guy gave me a discount, but it made me suspicious. So I bought a 2nd from Frangrancenet. Same juice, and LOVE it!!!!! It's like a less "jagged" version of pure Havane. PH smells the way a backwoods cigar looks, whereas SS smells the way a Swisher Sweet looks: more uniform. I like the vanilla and cinnamon. They really offset the cherry tobacco. What a steal.
    My top ten, in no particular order:
    Eau Des Baux
    Spicebomb
    Hanae Mori HiM
    Polo
    Halston Man Amber
    Mugler Pure Havane
    24 Gold
    L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme
    Kenzo Jungle Homme
    Terre D'Hermes

They just released Samba Skin Woman!!
    $_57.JPG

SKIN WOMAN- With a soft petally top and a warm sensual back, Samba Skin captures the sexy freshness of just-showered skin. Sparkling topnotes of fresh bergamot and peach nectar are teased by a steamy hint of incense. Heartnotes of fluttery petals hint at a youthful femininity, with elements of delicate dewy peony, gentle rose de mai, and sensual jasmine. Irresistible warmth emerges from the back, where long-lasting soft musks are blended with creamy sandalwood and velvety oakmoss for a touchable, huggable sensation.
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 18th September 2014 at 04:14 PM.

I was thinking I could pull it off until I read about the fluttery petals and youthful femininity.

Sent from Richard's Ipad