Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 83
  1. #1

    Default Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    How is this possible? Fragrancenet refunded ($51.48) me for the Amouage Epic woman unboxed bottle last friday because supposedly it's out of stock..B.S. then yesterday they posted more unboxed bottles of epic woman at $200 a bottle... those clowns mis-priced these bottles, and had to lie that it's out of stock.... they probably gave away a few bottles at that cheap price, but many of us got screwed over... i'm going to call tomorrow to fragrancenet to complain and i want my epic woman bottle at $51.48!
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Good luck. I don't know if they'd give in.
    This isn't the first time I've heard they've done that.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    I don't think you can convince or prove them that it's the old stock they are selling again.

    It's new stock and at a new rate?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    yea it does sound like fishy.
    The fact that they show them in stock for 200 now is what makes it worse.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Get em Change1. How good are you ? The point is that they should be doing good business. They can easily slide by this one.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    If a business mis-labels or prices an item incorrectly, they are under no obligation to sell it to you at the lower price, or even at all.
    When I worked in retail, the famous Boots Cash Chemist case came to my aid on more than one occasion.

    Certainly FragranceNet's alleged business practice in this instance stinks, but I think the only recourse you have against them is to deny them your business in the future. Unless, of course, you can prove they intended to engage in misleading conduct, and it wasn't an honest mistake.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    In that case, i would appreciate fragrancenet admitting that they mis-priced it and refunded everyone... and not lie that its out of stock... some bottles were sold at the cheap price....


    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    If a business mis-labels or prices an item incorrectly, they are under no obligation to sell it to you at the lower price, or even at all. That's how it is in Commonwealth nations, anyway. When I worked in retail, the famous Boots Cash Chemist case came to my aid on more than one occasion.

    Certainly FragranceNet's alleged business practice in this instance stinks, but I think the only recourse you have against them is to deny them your business in the future.
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    77,324

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Just spend your money elsewhere and deny them your business.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    This what fragrancenet sent me:

    "We apologize that the following item(s) are out of stock and have not been included in this shipment. We will inform you when the item(s) are back in stock and available for purchase. You will be issued a credit."

    It's back in stock and they did not inform me!
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  10. #10
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,059

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Yes, I noticed this today too. My first thought was that they got more in stock and decided to jack the price up after how quickly the first batch of these things sold ... but this theory could be plausible as well. Either way, it definitely sucks.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Companies have such difficulty in telling about their mistakes.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Junkie Wheatstraw2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    How is this possible? Fragrancenet refunded ($51.48) me for the Amouage Epic woman unboxed bottle last friday because supposedly it's out of stock..B.S. then yesterday they posted more unboxed bottles of epic woman at $200 a bottle... those clowns mis-priced these bottles, and had to lie that it's out of stock.... they probably gave away a few bottles at that cheap price, but many of us got screwed over... i'm going to call tomorrow to fragrancenet to complain and i want my epic woman bottle at $51.48!
    another gray market success story

  13. #13

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Normally a company will not refund you and keep the payment for shipment as soon as it arrives. They refunded you clearly because it was a error on their part. They should be held liable.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  14. #14
    Basenotes Member itaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    It would be nice if they honored the price mistake or at least offer a discount, but unfortunately they have no obligation to do so. Best of luck getting this resolved.

  15. #15
    Guerlainista
    rubegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    War of the Roses
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    If they made a pricing mistake, why should they be expected to sell it at a loss? It would be very nice of them if they did, but really - how is anyone harmed by not getting to buy a bottle of perfume at 80% off? How can they be liable for anything if they didn't cause any harm?

    I got my Epic Woman refunded too. I'm just happy that I got one of the bottles I ordered at a very good price.

    I say cut them some slack. They are a discount retailer and must have pretty thin margins. I think it's unfair to expect them to honor a $150 pricing error.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  16. #16

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    If i was you i would not complain either... you got one at the cheap price... many of us got played...



    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If they made a pricing mistake, why should they be expected to sell it at a loss? It would be very nice of them if they did, but really - how is anyone harmed by not getting to buy a bottle of perfume at 80% off? How can they be liable for anything if they didn't cause any harm?

    I got my Epic Woman refunded too. I'm just happy that I got one of the bottles I ordered at a very good price.

    I say cut them some slack. They are a discount retailer and must have pretty thin margins. I think it's unfair to expect them to honor a $150 pricing error.
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  17. #17

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If they made a pricing mistake, why should they be expected to sell it at a loss? It would be very nice of them if they did, but really - how is anyone harmed by not getting to buy a bottle of perfume at 80% off? How can they be liable for anything if they didn't cause any harm?

    I got my Epic Woman refunded too. I'm just happy that I got one of the bottles I ordered at a very good price.

    I say cut them some slack. They are a discount retailer and must have pretty thin margins. I think it's unfair to expect them to honor a $150 pricing error.
    Try asking change1 what the harm is.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  18. #18
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    You are wasting your time. This happens every time fragrancenet has a bunch of expensive frags at a huge discount. There is a run on the site, several days later multiple peoples payments are refunded, multiple complaint threads ensue.....

    You missed out on the sale. Get over it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  19. #19

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    There was no sale....someone fat fingered the price while typing....


    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You are wasting your time. This happens every time fragrancenet has a bunch of expensive frags at a huge discount. There is a run on the site, several days later multiple peoples payments are refunded, multiple complaint threads ensue.....

    You missed out on the sale. Get over it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  20. #20

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    How is this possible? Fragrancenet refunded ($51.48) me for the Amouage Epic woman unboxed bottle last friday because supposedly it's out of stock..B.S. then yesterday they posted more unboxed bottles of epic woman at $200 a bottle... those clowns mis-priced these bottles, and had to lie that it's out of stock.... they probably gave away a few bottles at that cheap price, but many of us got screwed over... i'm going to call tomorrow to fragrancenet to complain and i want my epic woman bottle at $51.48!
    What you should have done was to have informed them of the possible error you noticed. That a 200 dollar bottle of fragrance was going for 50.. Thats what I would have done. These discount websites really do have thin margins, and I would feel bad taking advantage of an error on their part.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    They do that often. For me a refund is not good at all, because i won't get my federal tax fee refund.

  22. #22
    Guerlainista
    rubegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    War of the Roses
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Try asking change1 what the harm is.
    I thought that's what I was doing. Harm = damage. How is anyone worse off after than they were before they missed out on a price error?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  23. #23

    Default

    It's an error. I wouldn't have sold it to you either.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If they made a pricing mistake, why should they be expected to sell it at a loss? It would be very nice of them if they did, but really - how is anyone harmed by not getting to buy a bottle of perfume at 80% off? How can they be liable for anything if they didn't cause any harm?

    I got my Epic Woman refunded too. I'm just happy that I got one of the bottles I ordered at a very good price.

    I say cut them some slack. They are a discount retailer and must have pretty thin margins. I think it's unfair to expect them to honor a $150 pricing error.

    Again, it may not have been a pricing error at all, but a tactic to get us to their site. Retailers use similar tactics all the time. How many times have you found an item advertised at a fantastic price then driven to the store only to find out that the store is "mysteriously" out of stock on the advertised item. Many times they never even had any of the advertised item in stock, but hey, they got you into the store didn't they?

    I hate businesses that pull crap like that. I can't complain because I've never given Fragrancenet a dime of my money. I like Beauty Encounter much better for reasons like this. I don't hear the same complaints about BE that I hear about many of the other online discounters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You are wasting your time. This happens every time fragrancenet has a bunch of expensive frags at a huge discount. There is a run on the site, several days later multiple peoples payments are refunded, multiple complaint threads ensue.....

    You missed out on the sale. Get over it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
    I love the included link!!!! That's pretty messed up. Don't click on the link change1, it'll only make you madder!!

  25. #25

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    If it was an error, none of the bottles would have been shipped out.... all would have been refunded... now that i think about it... since some people got a bottle... they are doing this to get more customers.... but they should have stated the first 10 bottles is sold at 75% off....or something like that


    Quote Originally Posted by cellect View Post
    What you should have done was to have informed them of the possible error you noticed. That a 200 dollar bottle of fragrance was going for 50.. Thats what I would have done. These discount websites really do have thin margins, and I would feel bad taking advantage of an error on their part.
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  26. #26

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Calling them seems like a good idea. Good luck!

  27. #27

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    I received 4 out of the 6 Amouages I ordered. As mentioned in the previous thread Change1 started they sent me Lyric Woman instead of Lyric Man. You'll even notice the picture on their website for Lyric Man is actually Lyric Woman.

    I decided to keep the bottle since it was such a good deal. I contacted Fragrancenet to ask since they sent me the incorrect product if I could buy Lyric Man at the original price of $51.48. They stated they would not make the price correction even though they sent the wrong product but I could send the wrong one back first then they would send the correct one. Well with it being so low in stock I rather not send it back and risk not having either one. I spoke with a supervisor and she stated they could not make the price change.

    Still happy about the deal I got and now my wife has Lyric Woman and Memoir Woman.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    another gray market success story
    Yes, I'd say getting a 100ml Amouage for $51.48 is a great success. That's what, $250 in savings?

  29. #29

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    I've bought from them before...they are a little shady. They had Creed MI on their website for almost $20 more that they were also selling it on EBAY...Free shipping on EBAY. Same company, same Fragrance, but I bought their EBAY offering and saved $20. If I hadn't seen it till after I ordered I'd have been pissed..
    Amouage Epic Woman for under $100 is either fake or a typo...since they balked on selling it, I'm betting a typo.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    I've bought from them before...they are a little shady. They had Creed MI on their website for almost $20 more that they were also selling it on EBAY...Free shipping on EBAY. Same company, same Fragrance, but I bought their EBAY offering and saved $20. If I hadn't seen it till after I ordered I'd have been pissed..
    Amouage Epic Woman for under $100 is either fake or a typo...since they balked on selling it, I'm betting a typo.
    eBay and web site prices are almost always different for most businesses. This accounts for coupon codes and such.
    Other than for supermarkets and petty amounts, contrary to popular belief and as mentioned by another member, once a business realizes a pricing error, they can stop and there is no obligation to sell the item. A paltry discount or a gift may be offered instead. Clerical errors of much larger amounts happen all the time in big businesses and are understood as such.

  31. #31
    Guerlainista
    rubegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    War of the Roses
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    Again, it may not have been a pricing error at all, but a tactic to get us to their site. Retailers use similar tactics all the time. How many times have you found an item advertised at a fantastic price then driven to the store only to find out that the store is "mysteriously" out of stock on the advertised item. Many times they never even had any of the advertised item in stock, but hey, they got you into the store didn't they?

    I hate businesses that pull crap like that. I can't complain because I've never given Fragrancenet a dime of my money. I like Beauty Encounter much better for reasons like this. I don't hear the same complaints about BE that I hear about many of the other online discounters.
    I don't see how this could be. They didn't advertise this price anywhere. Someone just noticed it and posted it on BN and then the buying frenzy started.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielstripedtiger View Post
    I've bought from them before...they are a little shady. They had Creed MI on their website for almost $20 more that they were also selling it on EBAY...Free shipping on EBAY. Same company, same Fragrance, but I bought their EBAY offering and saved $20. If I hadn't seen it till after I ordered I'd have been pissed..
    Amouage Epic Woman for under $100 is either fake or a typo...since they balked on selling it, I'm betting a typo.
    This price difference is probably due to the fact that you can always get a 15-20% coupon code right from the front page of the FN website. I don't see this as shady at all.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  32. #32
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Doesn't this thread belong in Internet Shopping?

    If you are not happy with the way Fragrancenet conducts their business, easy, don't buy from them.

    If they made a fair sized pricing mistake and caught it, don't cry they wouldn't sell it to you at a loss, because they are in the business to make a profit.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You are wasting your time. This happens every time fragrancenet has a bunch of expensive frags at a huge discount. There is a run on the site, several days later multiple peoples payments are refunded, multiple complaint threads ensue.....

    You missed out on the sale. Get over it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
    Coincidently, I just recently learned about the Kubler-Ross model. I just don't think Change1 will move past stage 2. Hey....we've all been there !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I don't see how this could be. They didn't advertise this price anywhere. Someone just noticed it and posted it on BN and then the buying frenzy started.

    It was not someone , but change1, at least give the guy credit for that!

    Am sorry chnage1 , i think that was not mistake as well, its market tactic......instead of spending on add in some newspapers or on basenotes...only naive people can think differently

  35. #35
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,140

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    When I've been in this situation (with other type of discount e-tailers) where they sell more than what they have available in stock, I get a full refund and a $10 store credit.

    I understand your frustration, but as it has been suggested above, you need to get over it. You could ask for a courtesy credit for your inconvenience, but I doubt you'll get the $150 difference- I mean, think about it from a business perspective...

  36. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    From business perspective it goes that one who makes mistake takes loss, its unfair to shift loss to customer

    But in business there is no fair play:-)

  37. #37

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    So i called those clowns today, they admitted that it was an error on their part for the mis-priced... i asked them why they lied to me that it was out of stock... all i got back was silent... so i hung up the phone on those clowns...
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  38. #38

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    From business perspective it goes that one who makes mistake takes loss, its unfair to shift loss to customer

    But in business there is no fair play:-)
    But there's no loss. No loss has been shifted to the customer that I can see.

    We're getting hung up on this idea that there was some gross injustice done to change1 or any other potential purchaser, when all that happened is that he didn't get the product at an unrealistically low price. That's not a loss in any sense of the term. In fact, only if FragranceNet followed through with the transaction would there have been a loss.

    Certainly if FragranceNet said there were none in stock instead of being honest and saying there was an error (or having used misleading pricing) then they've used poor business practice, but that's it.
    If it could proven they engaged in misleading conduct, then they'd have a case to answer. It can't, so they don't.

    As it stands the product was advertised for sale, for whatever reason, at an unrealistically low price. The company did not honour that price, and change1 got his money back.
    If change1 had suffered some quantifiable economic loss (like the refund took him under a free-shipping threshold and they then charged him shipping after the refund) then he's suffered a loss of the shipping fee.

    Sure, the situation would be annoying, and it may well keep change1 from shopping with them again, but that's it.
    Conspiracy theories about misleading advertising or shady practice or just plain "this ain't fair" are all well and good, but without any proof, you just have to accept it, say 'this sucks' (which change1 has in a number of threads) and move on.

    Change1 didn't suffer any loss.

  39. #39
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,140

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    I am glad to see that this is all being handled with such maturity.

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    But there's no loss. No loss has been shifted to the customer that I can see.

    We're getting hung up on this idea that there was some gross injustice done to change1 or any other potential purchaser, when all that happened is that he didn't get the product at an unrealistically low price. That's not a loss in any sense of the term. In fact, only if FragranceNet followed through with the transaction would there have been a loss.

    Certainly if FragranceNet said there were none in stock instead of being honest and saying there was an error (or having used misleading pricing) then they've used poor business practice, but that's it.
    If it could proven they engaged in misleading conduct, then they'd have a case to answer. It can't, so they don't.

    As it stands the product was advertised for sale, for whatever reason, at an unrealistically low price. The company did not honour that price, and change1 got his money back.

    Change1 didn't suffer any loss.

    Then you don't see it well, its like an agreement, they agreed to sell at 50 usd, later broke the agreement! You have to have some sense for doing business properly, and if you agree on something then one should stick to it, everything else is misconduct! He suffered a loss of broken agreement, esp cause not treated equally to others who made same agreement with the seller

    And as i say if they can not update properly, the should employ more people to check better , this is manipulation...or...worse cheap advertising, cause change came here to advertise them......this is common sense:-) ......i really dont think its customer business to protect anyone's profit,

    ......its fair everyone pays for a mistake, at least could have issued then 51 usd bonus
    Last edited by iivanita; 27th March 2013 at 09:43 PM.

  41. #41
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,766

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    i am glad to see that this is all being handled with such maturity.
    lol.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    If you would have ordered Aventus instead, none of this would've happened.

  43. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I am glad to see that this is all being handled with such maturity.
    Yeah its so mature to think of retailers p& l account lol

  44. #44
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,140

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    It's a questionable business practice. Sadly, it's not new. The only thing that can be done is escalating the issue with a manager/supervisor and/or reporting the incident to the Best Business Bureau (if they are a member).

    I'd be disappointed, take an apology (if any is given), no longer give them my business, and move on.

    I've been on the other end, where I added more items than I wanted, proceeded with the check-out, and completed the purchase. I contacted the seller, and the item was cancelled and the charge to my credit card was reverted. I had contractually agreed (by my payment) to make the purchase and the seller was understanding of my mistake. I saved a couple of bucks and a good chunk of time in not having to receive the item and go through the (contractual) return terms. I can't remember if the sale was a "final sale, no returns/refunds" deal, which would have been an even stickier situation to be in.

    Just my two cents.

  45. #45

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    Then you don't see it well, its like an agreement, they agreed to sell at 50 usd, later broke the agreement! You have to have some sense for doing business properly, and if you agree on something then one should stick to it, everything else is misconduct!
    It's not an agreement, though; an agreement or contract does not take place when a vendor advertises something for sale. The concept you're suggesting was quashed in 1953 with the judgment in the Boots Cash Chemist case I mentioned earlier.

    Without wanting to get into the elements of a contract or sales agreement, it is the purchaser that makes an offer to buy a product at a given price, and the vendor that accepts or refuses the offer.
    In this case the vendor refused change1's offer, so there was no sales agreement.

    I sympathise with change1, but all this talk of him being owed anything is off the mark.

  46. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Juanderer:-) its not the same thing again:-) because you are a customer, and customer is the king

    They fight four your money and not vice versa. Guys you really don't need to defend poor business practice:-).......they are smart enough to defend themselves

  47. #47

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    My perfume arrived, 1 bottle of Amouage Dia woman, as ordered. I guess I was one of the lucky ones... sorry to hear so many did not get their orders, but it is an understandable situation - it seems likely to me it was a pricing error on the merchant's part.

  48. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    It's not an agreement, though; an agreement or contract does not take place when a vendor advertises something for sale.

    Without wanting to get into the elements of a contract or sales agreement, it is the purchaser that makes an offer to buy a product at a given price, and the vendor that accepts or refuses the offer.
    In this case the vendor refused change1's offer, so there was no sales agreement.
    The price on the screen was offered price and chnage1 took the offer, he was not offering anything to them!...here in Croatia if you find a price of an item at 10 and the guy tells you oh sorry this is old price its 20 you have right to get it at 10....because the retailer can manipulate it! You may not notice it......

    E sellers don't have advertising screens its like a shop just over the internet!

    This as in many other businesses much larger then this, what you see on screen and if you buy it its yours......you can not say oh i don't want it. Its common business practice....who makes mistake suffers loss, its not your business as well as if he bought at 300 usd and said oh i saw it at 200 elsewhere i want to return the item!.......

    This is common sense, and we all have it. Everything else is poor business and manipulation that must be fought against and not have understanding for:-) ...it falls under law of unequal treatment of customers....they should say price valid until out of the stock at least!!

    Also what if he bought a fake? So in all cases poor change1 looses:-) ....i think he should at least be credited for posting it here for all to take the opportunity:-) ......btw i think those amouages are not worth more then 80 usd per bottle

    So Change1 dont feel bad , take it as a sign:-)
    Last edited by iivanita; 27th March 2013 at 10:54 PM.

  49. #49

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Doesn't this thread belong in Internet Shopping?

    If you are not happy with the way Fragrancenet conducts their business, easy, don't buy from them.

    If they made a fair sized pricing mistake and caught it, don't cry they wouldn't sell it to you at a loss, because they are in the business to make a profit.
    Yes, it does, are they are any moderators on BN, who can move it to the right forum?

    As for the discussion, I have had this experience, I bought a bottle, for 85 bucks , they jacked it up to 200 the next day lol, even the slightest hint of some demand in niche fragrances on these grey market websites, triggers price gouging.

  50. #50

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    The price on the screen was offered price and chnage1 took the offer, he was not offering anything to them!...here in Croatia if you find a price of an item at 10 and the guy tells you oh sorry this is old price its 20 you have right to get it at 10....because the retailer can manipulate it! You may not notice it......
    I can’t comment on what the consumer laws are like in Croatia, but I can tell you that I feel you’re missing my point entirely. Once more, it is a commonly adopted approach that when a shop lists, displays, or otherwise advertises a price for a good, they are NOT offering it for sale for the purposes of creating a purchase contract or agreement.
    It is what is known as an ‘invitation to treat’, meaning that potential buyers can come and offer to buy it at that price. The vendor then has to accept that price, money (or some other consideration) has to change hands, and there has to be an intention to create a legally binding contract on the part of both parties. Even ignoring the blurring of what constitutes ‘acceptance’ that has occurred with the rise of e-commerce, intention to create legal relations is a long bow to draw. Additionally, I’d assume that FragNet has addressed this type of situation (or similar) in their T&Cs.

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    This as in many other businesses much larger then this, what you see on screen and if you buy it its yours......you can not say oh i don't want it. Its common business practice....who makes mistake suffers loss, its not your business as well as if he bought at 300 usd and said oh i saw it at 200 elsewhere i want to return the item!.......
    Totally different situations.
    In your example the four elements of a binding contract are fulfilled – buyer’s remorse is not a factor that would void a contract.
    As I’ve argued in my first paragraph here, the four elements were not fulfilled in change1’s case.

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    Also what if he bought a fake? So in all cases poor change1 looses:-)
    Again, not at all the same thing. Consumers have fairly strong laws protecting their rights to be sold merchantable goods that are fit for purpose, and are the very goods for which they paid. If there was a counterfeit, then change1 or any other hypothetical buyer would have some pretty strong support.

    Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    it falls under law of unequal treatment of customers
    What law? As long as no law (including anti-discrimination legislation) is breached, a private business can treat a consumer however they like. This is why so many people are posting to the effect of “Just don’t shop there again.”

  51. #51

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    My Reflection Man I bought for 60US was shipped....

  52. #52

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If they made a pricing mistake, why should they be expected to sell it at a loss? It would be very nice of them if they did, but really - how is anyone harmed by not getting to buy a bottle of perfume at 80% off? How can they be liable for anything if they didn't cause any harm?

    I got my Epic Woman refunded too. I'm just happy that I got one of the bottles I ordered at a very good price.

    I say cut them some slack. They are a discount retailer and must have pretty thin margins. I think it's unfair to expect them to honor a $150 pricing error.
    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    But there's no loss. No loss has been shifted to the customer that I can see.

    We're getting hung up on this idea that there was some gross injustice done to change1 or any other potential purchaser, when all that happened is that he didn't get the product at an unrealistically low price. That's not a loss in any sense of the term. In fact, only if FragranceNet followed through with the transaction would there have been a loss.

    Certainly if FragranceNet said there were none in stock instead of being honest and saying there was an error (or having used misleading pricing) then they've used poor business practice, but that's it.
    If it could proven they engaged in misleading conduct, then they'd have a case to answer. It can't, so they don't.

    As it stands the product was advertised for sale, for whatever reason, at an unrealistically low price. The company did not honour that price, and change1 got his money back.
    If change1 had suffered some quantifiable economic loss (like the refund took him under a free-shipping threshold and they then charged him shipping after the refund) then he's suffered a loss of the shipping fee.

    Sure, the situation would be annoying, and it may well keep change1 from shopping with them again, but that's it.
    Conspiracy theories about misleading advertising or shady practice or just plain "this ain't fair" are all well and good, but without any proof, you just have to accept it, say 'this sucks' (which change1 has in a number of threads) and move on.

    Change1 didn't suffer any loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    It's not an agreement, though; an agreement or contract does not take place when a vendor advertises something for sale. The concept you're suggesting was quashed in 1953 with the judgment in the Boots Cash Chemist case I mentioned earlier.

    Without wanting to get into the elements of a contract or sales agreement, it is the purchaser that makes an offer to buy a product at a given price, and the vendor that accepts or refuses the offer.
    In this case the vendor refused change1's offer, so there was no sales agreement.

    I sympathise with change1, but all this talk of him being owed anything is off the mark.
    There is harm. A commitment was made. Its not like change1 is fighting for that price after the item went out of stock (I unerstand FiFo (first in first out) accounting pricing). Change1 bought it when it was clearly in stock. If their stock system messed up, they have to make it up to change1. Clearly they have more in stock that they should have sent to change1.

    The harm is they broke a commitment. What if change1 had promised this gift to someone? What is he to do now? Pay full price because of their shady practices?

    My cousin was buying graduation gifts for another cousin couple of years ago.

    At the time, Bottega Veneta was having a sale, so she called up and asked if a particular bag was on sale. The SA said yes its on 50%. My cousin asked for her name and went to the shop. On the way she stopped by other stores and bought other gifts because she'd intended on spending $4,000 for the bag but since the bag was 50% off she decided to buy more gifts with the remaining $2,000.

    Imagine her dismay when the SA says "oh sorry, I made a mistake, this bag isn't on sale, its part of the continuity line which never goes on sale". Then why'd you tell me it was 50% off and I even asked you to double check.

    My cousin complained to the store manager but even the store manager refused. Finally they called the brand manager who was obligated to honor their price. I completely support my cousin because she'd promised our cousin that bag as a graduation gift. What was she to do now? Its not her fault the SA made a mistake causing her to spend her money elsewhere.

    If I were the brand manager I would review that SA's performance and if I found it poor, I'd make sure the SA absorbed some if not all of the loss. If the SA had a good record I may let the company absorb the cost and give her a warning or something.

    If you're interested, what had happened at Bottega Veneta was a mistake from their cost department.

    The cost department issued the boutique with a list of items that are qualified for sale. Here they put a few continuity (some call it carryover) items on sale. But a few days later they revoked that list and provided the correct one were the carryover items weren't on the list. That SA for some reason overlooked the amended copy.
    Who's at fault? The company? kinda but they revoked it the wrong list. The employee? Kinda because she should've made sure she had the latest list.
    For one thing, the customer isn't at fault and should be honored the price.

    for swap/sale:





  53. #53

    Default

    First world problems :/

  54. #54

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    I have not placed any order but I feel now, reading all these wondrously emotional posts, that I should be sent a free Cadillac by the culpable vendor. A free car-fridge filled with champagne and other goodies would also be appreciated.

  55. #55

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I thought that's what I was doing. Harm = damage. How is anyone worse off after than they were before they missed out on a price error?
    I agree with hedonist222; the company should honor their mistake. Obviously, the harm to Change1 is psychological and financial. The suffering to resolve the issue can be related to frustration and opportunity cost. Isn't there something better he could have used his time with than to deal with someone's error? To add, he now has to pay a considerable percentage more which does harm cash flow. He clearly thought he was shopping smart, and rightfully purchased it at the posted price. How would you like someone to repo your car and tell you they made a mistake on the price and gave you the option pay the difference or forfeit your vehicle for the remainder of your payment balance?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  56. #56

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    First world problems :/
    Yes... ( :

    Some people in the world are concerned about where the next plate of rice is going to come from, and whether their children are going to starve yet another day with anything to put in their mouths.

    I on the other hand feel extraordinarily frustrated as I noticed some pricing error regarding a pound of gold costing $160 rather than $1600 and I ask - no, I DEMAND - that I am being sent all the gold I want, at the precise price I've seen at one time. My drama is more important than anybody else's. How will I be able to sleep at night without cajoling my gold, my precious. . .
    Last edited by EndlesslySurprised; 28th March 2013 at 05:19 AM.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I agree with hedonist222; the company should honor their mistake. Obviously, the harm to Change1 is psychological and financial. The suffering to resolve the issue can be related to frustration and opportunity cost. Isn't there something better he could have used his time with than to deal with someone's error? To add, he now has to pay a considerable percentage more which does harm cash flow. He clearly thought he was shopping smart, and rightfully purchased it at the posted price. How would you like someone to repo your car and tell you they made a mistake on the price and gave you the option pay the difference or forfeit your vehicle for the remainder of your payment balance?
    How is there financial harm?
    As rubegon says, harm or damages would put him in a worse place than he would have been but for the incident. He is no better or worse off for this whole ordeal, and I'll repeat that only if the price was honoured (not an Amouage pun) would there have been any harm to anybody.
    As for opportunity cost, by saying "Isn't there something better he could have used his time with... the answer is absolutely YES. He could have accepted that he has no legal standing, sucked it up, and moved on.
    I feel we're spending more time debating this issue than he is worrying about it.

    As for psychological harm, well, I don't know where to start with that.
    If change1 were really that emotionally fragile (sorry to talk about you like you're not here, change1), which he isn't, then the comments made towards him over the last few threads on this issue would surely have done far more damage than missing out on an unreasonably good deal.

    The difference between this situation and your repo analogy is that here the goods were never received, and there was no contract ever created. All these 'imagine if you...' or 'how would you like it if...' hypotheticals are so far from the mark as to be laughable. You can be pi**ed off, sure, but bring this case to a solicitor and see how long you have to wait outside their office while they right themselves after doubling over in hysterics.

    Saying that he's now going to pay more which 'harms cash flow' is erroneous. This is not a ground for legal recourse, but I'll indulge the argument regardless. How do we know he would have bought the fragrance from FragNet in the absence of the great deal? I'd say that he only bought it from there as he found an unbelievably good deal.
    Nobody is begrudging him for this, just as we're not begrudging anybody else who did. The fact remains, though, that his 'cash flow', as you put it, is in no worse position than it was before.

  58. #58

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    How is there financial harm?
    As rubegon says, harm or damages would put him in a worse place than he would have been but for the incident. He is no better or worse off for this whole ordeal, and I'll repeat that only if the price was honoured (not an Amouage pun) would there have been any harm to anybody.
    As for opportunity cost, by saying "Isn't there something better he could have used his time with... the answer is absolutely YES. He could have accepted that he has no legal standing, sucked it up, and moved on.
    I feel we're spending more time debating this issue than he is worrying about it.

    As for psychological harm, well, I don't know where to start with that.
    If change1 were really that emotionally fragile (sorry to talk about you like you're not here, change1), which he isn't, then the comments made towards him over the last few threads on this issue would surely have done far more damage than missing out on an unreasonably good deal.

    The difference between this situation and your repo analogy is that here the goods were never received, and there was no contract ever created. All these 'imagine if you...' or 'how would you like it if...' hypotheticals are so far from the mark as to be laughable. You can be pi**ed off, sure, but bring this case to a solicitor and see how long you have to wait outside their office while they right themselves after doubling over in hysterics.

    Saying that he's now going to pay more which 'harms cash flow' is erroneous. This is not a ground for legal recourse, but I'll indulge the argument regardless. How do we know he would have bought the fragrance from FragNet in the absence of the great deal? I'd say that he only bought it from there as he found an unbelievably good deal.
    Nobody is begrudging him for this, just as we're not begrudging anybody else who did. The fact remains, though, that his 'cash flow', as you put it, is in no worse position than it was before.
    Why thank you for indulging us lol. In my original statement I did say "should be held liable" not "is liable". You chaps have gone off the deep end as no one here has spoken of actual legal recourse lol. I could rebuttal these statements all day, but it would perpetuate further unneeded discourse and cause me to lecture on the difference in "should", "is", "may", "shall", etc. seriously? Be a little more sympathetic to OP.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 28th March 2013 at 08:10 AM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  59. #59

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlesslySurprised View Post
    Yes... ( :

    Some people in the world are concerned about where the next plate of rice is going to come from, and whether their children are going to starve yet another day with anything to put in their mouths.

    I on the other hand feel extraordinarily frustrated as I noticed some pricing error regarding a pound of gold costing $160 rather than $1600 and I ask - no, I DEMAND - that I am being sent all the gold I want, at the precise price I've seen at one time. My drama is more important than anybody else's. How will I be able to sleep at night without cajoling my gold, my precious. . .
    Well said and noticed Albeit it is obvious that the retailer made a serious, unprofessional error, I doubt quite much that the issue will be resolved in customers favor in this case. In other words - walk on

  60. #60

    Default Re: Fragrancenet: Amouage Epic woman unboxed refunded because it's out of stock..a LIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    First world problems :/
    First world problems :/

    for swap/sale:





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24th March 2013, 01:13 PM
  2. Something like: Epic Woman Amouage ??? :)
    By MariaMaKota in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 8th April 2012, 10:44 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th May 2011, 04:33 AM
  4. Amouage Epic, epic longevity
    By Ender in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 7th July 2010, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •